Friday 20 January 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!


It is never too early to be thinking about making some decorations for next Christmas.  I think this little knitted mouse is so cute.  From Ravelry by Abigail Originals.  Free!


Dutch rabbits to knit.  Also from Ravelry.  Not free but not expensive either.  Cute!  They remind me of a rabbit story, but I will save that for another day.


The art of keeping a travel journal.   From Athletes Abroad.   Apparently there is a grant you can get to use for a break and time away for people with cancer and their families. We are going to look into it and maybe we can go somewhere after the radiation treatments are done and dusted.


Eye Candy from a shop on Etsy calles Marianata.  I love these types of things.  So cute!   She also has a blog.  Dollitude.



Crochet Hoop Balloony House.  Love this.  Such inspiration here and made from felt which I also love.  Making things from felt.  Inkie Mama Tumblr.



Handmade Felt Envelope.  I love this.  So cute.  From Paper N Stitch.


Look at the front.  It's so cute!  A complete tutorial.  Wouldn't this be a great Valentine for your main squeeze!



More handmade valentines.  No source, but they look very easy.  I wish we could get those little red hot candies over here.   They come in handy for all sorts.


Hanging hearts!  Sweet and Lovely Things.



Matchbox Monsters from Molly Moo Crafts.   they're babies.  Shhh . . .

How to sew a straight line.  Every little helps.  From Crazy Little Projects.  This is lesson one of  series.  Great tutorials for those who are just learning.


Make your own slippers.  A complete tutorial from Tea and a Sewing Machine.


 

 Tips for losing weight depending on your body shape.  From The WHOot.

 

If You Give a Blond a Kitchen.  Two bite mini chocolate chip scones.  Cute idea, but I bet you could scarfe these down like potato chips.  Hmmm . . .


A repurposed China Hutch, turned into a wardrobe for a little girl.  Love this.  No source, just inspiration.

  

The top of an old hutch, painted and recycled to use for in the bath.   Great idea!  Style from the Sticks.



20 Kitchen DIY's to fall in love with.  There are some great ideas here like this one, using an old rake for a utensil hanger.  From Pretty Designs.

And that's my finds for this week.  I hope you were able to see something you liked!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*Practice the pause.  When in doubt pause.  When angry, pause.
            When tired, pause.  When stressed, pause.  And when you pause, pray.
                  ~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

 Spiritual Enlightenment

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . . Coconut, Cardamon, Honey and Vanilla Rice Pudding.  Scrumptious!  I love rice pudding!


Have a super Friday. Whatever you get up to don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marie, some lovely finds for us again. I like them all, especially these hearts....the natchbox " dolls" are ok, but not a patch on your matchbox girls...I love the ones you made for Mary and me, in fact it was only the other day I had mine out to show it to our friend Val, she coudnt believe you made it, then I showed her my ...." Bee girl" she again said how brilliant you are....of course I knew that long ago. Very very frosty morning but we want to go.into,Bath and if we don't get in by nine we won't get a parking spot, so I'm not quite sure what to do, we were taking Val in with us, it was such a lovely day yesterday.....once the frost lifted....I did get up to the tea and chat to help serve all the various orders,! We were not to busy I think as I left at 11 there was 16 there....now I am away to have a quick cuppa before going out to put the car in to heat it up and melt the frost........I know it's actually illegal to leave a car running unattended ...but.....don't think it will be going far without me at the wheel !!! Hope all goes well at the hospital xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your grant and get away once Tod has recovered. Just make sure it is somewhere you'll be pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! Happy Friday! :) Oh, those knit rabbits are sooo cute! And love teh things done with felt.--especially that heart garland-curtain. Oooo... lovea all those turquoise-colored kitchen gadgets. (My dream kitchen would be white and turquoise... my kitchen now is far from that...haha!) The travel journal is inspiring! Do hope you & Todd may get to have a little holiday break somewhere, once he's finished his treatments--that would be sooo good for you both! :) Happy weekend ahead ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly loved that hutch for the bath. I would come in handy here at my house. Hope you have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie..that hutch w/ the little girl's clothes..I would so do that..adorable!
    I do like the mini scones too..we have to try that:) I tried a small batch macarons last week..fail..will try again I am stubborn..I just hate having too much fod that gets wasted..so small batches are good:)
    My boys loved your ht cocoa cookies again yesterday,I froze the balls..it works:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe I had always had it in mind to make more Matchbox Dolls Sybil, but have never gotten around to it! My creativity has taken a real knocking as of late! I hope you had a great morning in Bath! xoxo

    You better believe it Linda. We are having fun thinking of where we would like to go! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy! You have such a lovely home as it is, or what I have seen of it anyways! Oh, that we could afford to go to Norway! ;-) Love and hugs! xoxo

    Hope your Friday was also a fantastic one Pam! xoxo

    I am a small bacch person also Monique, unless I have someone specific in mine to give things to. Glad to know the cookies can be frozen pre-baking! Did you thaw them to bake? Happy the boys are enjoying them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I must try your pudding; it looks so yummy. I liked the mini scones too. Gosh, I must be hungry right now and it is almost 11 pm. Bedtime! I liked the little felt projects; I haven't worked with felt for years. I guess I need to think a head for valentines at least a bit.
    I do hope you get a get away after Todd's cancer treatment. Praying for you both on that one.
    I loved the little girls wardrobe and the other kitchen ideas. This was a fun one! Prayers, blessings and hugs for you both~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!