Sunday 22 January 2017

Sunday this and that . . .

 

My friend Valerie always posts the best things on her facebook page.  Sometimes they make you go awww  . . .  sometimes they make you go ahhh . . .  and sometimes they make go Oh boy!  Sometimes they make you go all three at once!

This reminds me of my skunk story.   Way back in the early 1990's when Saddam Hussein had invaded Kuwait, and Operation Desert Storm was on we were living on an Military Training Base in Ontario Canada.  There had been a lot of talk bandying about concerning Saddam Hussein and chemical weapons.   I woke up one night in the middle of the night and this most atrocious smell was wafting through the house, seriously digusting . . . so bad that it made you want to vomit.   Immediately my thought was it's Saddam Hussein and he has dropped a chemical bomb on us!  I frantically got up out of bed wanting to shut all the windows and gather in my chicks only to discover that my oldest son had put a box fan in his window to suck in all the cooler air from outside and a family of skunks was making its way through our back yard.  Awww . . .  ahhh  . . .  Oh Boy!


Val and her husband are coming over to the UK in May.  I can't wait to see her.   Did you know that her son did his Mission in the England Manchester Mission and the whole time he was serving in Chester I didn't know he was Val's son and she didn't know that we were the Rayner family he was e-mailing home about.   Life truly is strange sometimes!


There was a knock on the door last night and Todd opened it to find Ariana, Jose and  Dexter on our doorstep, stopping by for a visit.  Dexter has tripled in size since the last time we saw him!  He is going to be a big dog.  Mitzie was not impressed in the least.  In fact at one point she growled and snapped at him.   So not like her.   I think she just doesn't like other dogs period, end of.  Especially roudy little puppies who bark at her, try to jump on her and who drink her water and take over her toys.   She was so stressed.  Her natural inclination when someone comes is to want to greet them enthusiastically, but last night she was torn between wanting to jump all over Ari and Jose and wanting to hide in a closet.  Instead she hid behind me on the sofa, growling every time Dexter even sniffed her way.   I love that Ari and Jose feel comfortable enough with us that they just drop in.  They are such a sweet young couple and lead such busy lives, with both of them working long hours etc.  That they take the time to come and see us means the world to me.


They are such a sweet young couple.  Such a fun couple.  Such a nice couple.  We love them.



I must have cooked a bazillion meals for Missionaries through the years.  It is something I love doing and they are always most appreciative.  We love having them in our home.  This week was a first for me.  The Zone leaders brought US over a meal on Friday evening.  It was so nice of them.  We really appreciated it and it was such a thoughtful gesture on their part.  That they would take the time out of their already busy schedule to make us something to eat and then drop it off meant so much to us both.   I am glad that we still matter to them, even though we have finished our Mission.  I am glad that they still want to come to our home and spend time with us and discuss things with us.  They especially love speaking to Todd as he is a fountain of doctrinal knowledge and a master at Biblical prophecy.   They know that if they have questions he will be able to help them find the answers.  I love that about Todd also.    And I love having the Missionaries in my home.  They really didn't need to cook us a meal, but I love that they thought to do so.


These are from Julie Usher.  Oh how I wish I had the talent and patience to do something like this.  Aren't they magnificent!  You would hate to eat them I think!  Valentines Day is looming and I am racking my brain trying to think of something to make for Todd. 


Its been a few years since I made him this and I think it is about time I did something else for him.  There are a ton of ideas out there.   I have my thinking cap on.   I have not done anything creative in a few weeks now.  I'm slipping!


My sister and mother had my dad over for his Birthday earlier this week.   Cindy had baked him a Salmon pie and my mom got him a Birthday Cake.  I think he enjoyed it all very much.   I love that even though my parents are divorced they still get along very well with each other and have been able to maintain an easy friendship through the years.  That makes it so muh easier for us, their children.  We don't feel the need to have divided loyalties to one or the other.  We are free to love our parents equally.   That is as it should be.  I wish that I could say the same about my own Divorce, but that is life.    Even my sister's ex husband drove down to Nova Scotia with three of her/their children this past summer to see her and spend time at my mother's house.   I think that is admirable that even when people choose not to be married any longer, they can put aside any feelings of the past and forge an amiable present with each other.  



I love this dress.  I cannot find a source for it.  I love it's easy style, although I would like it a bit longer for myself, not wanting to show off my knees.  Old legs are not attractive legs, or at least mine are not  . . .  mind you I think it would also look good with a pair of leggings.  I like leggings with long dress/tunic/tops.



I have a very eclectic taste in clothing  . . .  in fact I love how Frankie  (Frankie and Grace) dresses.  That would be me to a "T".  I like her hair also.  I just love that show.  If you haven't watched it, you should.   It's really funny, a bit irreverant, sometimes close to the knuckle, but good nonetheless.  I like it anyways.

Our friends Corine and Remy are manufacturing these lovely Gypsy Wagons.  I just love them.  Oh I could easily live in one, but I would have to get rid of a whole lotta lotta stuff before that could happen.   Winning the lottery would also help.


Their company is called The Green Wagon Company



I think they have created something quite outstanding and beautiful here.  I wish them all the luck in the world with this newest venture of theirs.   Corine is also a fabulous photographer and they are both excellent cooks.  They are both just really, really nice people.  We love them.

And I have expired my thoughts for today.  Sigh  . . .  not much to tell you on some days I know, but I do like checking in with you all the same.  ☺  YOU are an integral part of my every day and have been for a long time now!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*  If you wouldn't say it to a friend . . . 
   Don't say it to yourself.
       ~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 

Spiritual Enlightenment




In The English Kitchen today . . .  Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffins.  The recipe makes half a dozen of the most delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins ever!


Have a beautiful day.  No matter what you get up to, don't forget  . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I to doo!



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie, my day is almost over and it has been a strange one. Pip wanted to talk to her dad but because I was in the vicinity he drove off in an angry huff. Oh well, she did get to speak to him.

    I don't we will ever be able to communicate without him losing his temper etc.

    We went out for fish and chips tonight. I am so full.

    God bless your day and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dresses and the Gypsy caravas..love the show and how Frankie dresses..she is on IG..unfortunately I find it almost alwasy seems to be about as Oli would say your private parts..that whole thing ..I found boring..I am not a prude..but yawn..sometimes things are so silly I find them well too silly..Love her clothes too!

    Yesterday M and Noah came for dinner.I had black leggings..a v neck black poncho type thing (you have to have sonmething a bit longer w/ leggings..I do..and I stuck a black floral blose underneath..she said mom..I can't beleive you still have that..what it's only 30 yrs old lol:)

    Your little sweet couple is in fact a sweet couple..Poor Mitzi..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, bit later today but I had church this morning and before I,left I wanted to do,an e mail,to.our friend Lura......I am going to write to you as well once I have done this and checked my e mails...I don't think I have ever watched that programme, maybe it is on sky which we don't have, but I do like that dress, that's the kind of shape I wear usually, but it has to be a longer length I don't wear leggings ( they would show my artificial leg to much !) mind you nowadays I see lots of younger folks who actually seem quite happy to show off their legs, even wearing shorts !! I'm to old to start showing me legs LOL....We had a lovely service today it's my fav. Service of the year I think it's called the Covenant service when we all renew our promise to love and serve our Lord. As our minister Elizabeth said a bit like a New Year resolution ...she really is such a good young minister, she never looks at any notes for either her sermon or prayers etc...After church we had lunch this was the third lunch and there were 26 present including Elizabeth and her husband and the two were ones. I can never remember their names as they are Macedonian ..like their Dad, I have a hard enough time remembering British names so,what hope do I have for foreign ones !!! Dad looks after the two wee ones during the service the wee boy kept escaping and triode to get to,his Mum, the wee girl,fell asleep on two,chairs at back,of church whilst one of our members sat by her in case she fell off...I think it is very sad that one of our members actually the oldest objects most strongly to the wee ones being in church screaming etc..you can't always keep them quiet....anyway must away and see who else needs to be written a comment....God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is always nice to have the missionaries come over and spend some time. They do bring a nice spirit into the home! I like those dresses too and I'm with you on the length issue. ;-) Hope things go well and that you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ex doesn't sound like a very nice person Suzan, but no surprise there! That's why he is your ex! Mmm...fish and chips! xoxo

    I can just picture you in your floral blouse etc. Monique! I have some things which are very old as well,that I still love. Can't wear them anymore due to size issues, ahem . . . but I live in hope! xoxo

    Oh, your members would not like our church at all Sybil, we have about 4 children and they can be quite noisy at times. we don't mind too much and if they really get going the parents take them out as the service is broadcast into all the side rooms as well. I am happy for the noise because it shows me that it is a church filled with younger people and they are the future of the church, so its a good thing! I got your email and will responde later on! xoxo

    Thanks so much Debbie! I have a real heart for the missionaries as you know! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for another great morning read...a day late, but now I can read your Monday post as well. good way to start the day
    Love that dress and the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks Linda! I have been slow to read as of late, but I will get there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!