Wednesday 25 January 2017

Things that me go hmmm . . . .

 

Yep   . . .  this is a things that make ME go hmmm post  . . .


Who was the first person to eat an egg??  What on earth was it that made that person think that eating something that basically came from an obnoxious place and is a chicken embryo would be a good thing?  I reckon that person must have been literally starving and on their last legs, or a genius.  Either way, I am like wow.   What a gift to mankind!  Without eggs . . .  there would be no lovely chiffon cakes or angel food cakes or . . .  well . . .  cake!

Which brings me to my next one . . .



Cake, cookies, pies, etc.  where did they come from?   How did anyone ever come up with the idea to combine things like sugar, flour, fat, eggs, leavening, etc to come up with these things?  I am not complaining by any stretch.  In fact I think we owe them a great debt of gratitude!  Baking is such an exact science.  They must have been very smart indeed!


Up until the last 130 years or so the fastest mode of transportation on earth was the horse, and yet everything was here on the planet to make cars/buses/trains/planes.   Did people somehow become smarter than they were for the six thousand or so years prior to that?   And . . .


You could say the same thing about a lot of things . . . telephones, computers, televisions, radios, all types of modern technology!  Why was the world content for thousands of years and then all of a sudden in less than 200 years all of these things come forth.   When I think of the Industrial revolution and all kinds of advancements in the history of the world the wheels in my brain start turning and I wonder why did these things come about when they did.  Were we not always smart enough/adept enough/intuitive enough to have had these things all along?  Why did it take so long to discover them?  Or was it all part of a Divine plan . . .  hmmm . . .

 

If you have a dream that you are falling . . .  will you really die if you hit the bottom?  Or is that just an old wives tale  . . . . have you ever hit the bottom in a falling dream?  I haven't.  I always wake up first.


What colour is a mirror?  




People used to hammer their thoughts and writings into stone and metal sheets  . . .  and now they type them into thin air and they are there forever, just as forever or maybe even more forever than they were when they were hammering them into stone and metal  . . . 

HAVE WE SOMEHOW BECOME SMARTER???




This  . . .  and also is time really speeding up?  Because I don't know about you,  but my days seem to be getting shorter and shorter.   I oftimes find myself wondering however I got everything done that I got done when I was working full time  . . . and why did the summer school holidays seem to take forever to pass when I was a child and now they disappear in a puff of smoke? 



If the theory of evolution is true and many people believe that it is . . .  why aren't apes still turning into men?  Why are there still apes for that matter?  If you had a choice between staying an ape or becoming a man, would you not choose to become a man?  And how did fish somehow come to walk on land?  What was it about a fish that decided that it could go against its very instinct to survive and suddenly hop out onto dry land and live?  Especially when you are told that the instinct to survive is the most basic of all instincts and built into each of us naturally.


How anyone in this day and age could believe that the world is flat.  Don't laugh.  I know some people who actually believe this and that the idea that the world is round is a huge hoax and a conspiracy.  They have paper documentation which proves their hypothesis, or which they think proves it at any rate.  I'm not joking.

And finally . . . . 


What if the Hokey Pokey is actually what its all about  . . . .

 A thought to carry with you . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*Train your mind to see the good in everything.
     Positivity is a choice. 
         The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
            ~marcandangel  •。★★ 。* 。


Spiritual Enlightenment 

 

 In The English Kitchen today . . . how to make a basic chicken stock and Chicken Noodle Soup.

 
Have a fabulous Wednesday.  Don't forget along the way  . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, hahaha! Definitely food for thought in this blog! You're totally right about 'time' though, it really does go quicker these days. I can't believe it's nearly February!!
    George is out today so I was just going to have a quiet day pottering and catching up on little jobs but it looks absolutely glorious outside so I may just get wrapped up and go for a walk along the sea front.
    Enjoy your day, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie. My day has flown and I am gratefully sitting in bed and will settle soon. I love your ponderings and what ifs. I hope you enjoy your day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post today...Now I'm going to be singing Just do the hokey pokey and turn yourself about...That's what it's all about ! the rest of the day! ***BIG SMILE***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much thinking for me this morning LOL..

    I must say..at the speed technology is going..I fear many jobs will be lost:(
    More people will become solitary..

    which is good for some..but for the world?


    Who knows.

    Have a beautiful day Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wondered who was the first person to look at a lobster and think, "Wow, that looks tasty". Or the first person who realized that the sun did not rise for weeks on end and thought, "Yep, let's live here." I have a friend who lives above the Arctic Circle, so this question comes up frequently.
    As for the speed of technology, did you ever see a show called 'Connections'? It told how this arose from that arose from something else. Looms arose from something else which eventually inspired computers which then go on to inspire something else. It's faster now, because there are more people well-versed in technology, with better educations, and just more people in general, so better odds for coming up with new ideas. And tiny changes can create completely new and better things. Makes sense to me, anyway.
    Man branched off from apes, if I understand it correctly, but individual species are in a constant state of evolution. I love science. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right Kate! February is almost upon us! However did January flash by as quickly as it did. Wasn't it just Christmas a few days ago? It has been a gorgous couple of days has it not? We have had midges in the garden! and my Hydrangeas are budding. No kidding! Love and hugs! xoxo

    Sleep well dear Suzan! xoxo

    I am glad that you had a smile at my ponderings Pam and will be singing that lovely little song all the day through! For me, I am singing You've got a friend in me. haha. Something I saw on FB has stuck in my mind. That's how it goes! xoxo

    LOL Monique! sometimes you just have to laugh at life because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about! I do fear at times for my grandchildren and great grandchildren. People ARE becoming more and more isolationist for sure. And jobs . . . I think perhaps there is a danger of the West becoming what the Third world is now and vice versa! Food for thought! xoxo

    I am a thinking person Excentric! I have an enquiring mind and sometimes I think so much I scare myself and have to stop! I love science to a degree, but love geography and history more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie you certainly had us all thinking and laughing today...it really is a funny old world when you think of it,.............it's amazing to read that you had midges in the garden when down here only a few hundred miles south where you might expect midges it was so cold if there had been any they would have had to have fur coats on !!!.......we are certainly in need of being well dressed up this week, every morning it has been thick hard frost that some days has not melted anywhere unless the sun was shining directly upon it..this morning as well as ice we had thick fog to deal with. I had to take my car to the garage And had to go out and run the engine for about 15 mins before the windscreen was clear of ice. Then I had to brave the roads to Chippenham to the garage. My neighbour Val kindly followed me to bring me home, she had the same palaver as me before she drove off behind me........heard from the garage it's something to do with tyres I should get it back tomorrow......Hoope you have had a good day...Mitzie must be enjoying getting out in the garden, although it might be still a bit muddy !! Night night. God Bless. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie I managed my first full night's sleep since flying home. I woke early though and went for a walk and lost my car keys. I was cross as I was tired and had to do the 1.3 km loop over again. Good for my body and the Lord made sure I found those keys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely of your friend Val Sybil. As we get older our friends are mean so much to us. Well they always have, but you know what I mean. Mitzie hasn't been allowed in the muddy garden. She is made to watch from behind the gate! Its cold as blazes here today! xoxo

    Oh Suzan, there is a reason for everything. I am sure that the Lord was making sure you got a bit of extra exercise. Glad you found the keys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!