Saturday 21 January 2017

The aliens are coming . . .

 

 Last night about 6:30 pm Todd went out to our shed to get a jar of marmalade as I was making us toast for our tea.  I get this really lovely whole wheat with rye bread and its fabulous toasted.  We were going to settle in to an evening of Call The Midwife prior to the new season beginning on this next Sunday.  He came in all excited and pointing to the sky and said to me, "What do you think about that?" 

Up in the sky to the back of our house in the night sky torwards Flint was the biggest hugest star/planet I had ever seen.   I thought wow, that's amazing.  We watched it for a while wondering if it was the Police Helicopter or an airplane, but it was staying pretty steady in the sky, not getting any larger or any smaller, or moving.  There was no noise or sound.   The helicopter would be making a lot of noise and an airplane would surely be moving.

I said to Todd, "Get your binoculars so we can see it better."  

We turned off all the lights in the house and sat at the dining room table.  It might sound silly, but I had in mind if it was a UFO, I didn't want the aliens to know we were watching them.  I felt that having the lights on might somehow draw their attention to us.  I know  . . .  crazy.

 

 We sat at our little table eating toast and looking out at this strange phenomena through the binoculars for quite a while.  Through the binoculars it appeared to be a cluster of smaller bright lights, amazingly bright lights, in the shape of a sphere and the sphere appeared to be oscillating.   Rotating . . . .  and spinning  . . .  and as it did the stream of light from each little fleck of bright light almost had a tail.  The only way I could describe it was that it looked like a dandelion head all fluffed out and gone to seed, just waiting for you to blow on it and scatter the seeds hither and thither . . . . but the shape would change from a perfectly round sphere to a cup facing towards the West and then back to a sphere again, but remaining pretty stationary in the night sky, not moving closer or up or down.

The dog next door was going spastic.  Barking, Barking, Barking.  I wouldn't let Mitzie out, just in case.  I didn't want any aliens taking her.  (I know . . .  once again . . . silly me.)

We went upstairs to look at it from the bedroom window, thinking that somehow a different perspective on it might enlighten us even further as to what it was  . . .

But it didn't.   We remained in the dark as it were . . . physically and symbolically.


 We went back downstairs.   I decided to text my next door neighbor to see if she could see it.  It was her dog that was going mental.  She could see it as well and our neighbor from across the street was also there with her and they were filming it.  By then they had bravely moved into her back garden.   I decided to be very brave as well, and put my coat on.  I went out to stand in the garden.   Todd was not so brave.  He stayed in the house and he saw a falling star . . . which I missed.  Shucks . . .

No noise . . .  just silence, along with the frantic barking of the dog next door.  Oh, and Mitzie scratching at the inside of the kitchen door now wanting to come out also.   No way was I letting her out so that the aliens could abduct her too.  I was firm in that philosophy.

We discussed should we call the police?  Should we call the news?   Should we just ignore it and get back in the house?  We decided on the latter and went back into our respective homes.   It just somehow felt safer.


Todd and I drew the curtains tightly closed and finished our toast, which was quite dry and hard at that point, but we didn't want to waste it.   We finished our watching of Call the Midwife in the dark . . .  just in case.  We didn't want to draw undue attention to our house.  You know  . . .  because aliens would surely pay closer attention to a house brightly lit up than they would a house all in the dark filled with two adults and a cocker spaniel eating dry toast to the flickering lights of Call the Midwife. We were not taking any chances . . .  okay  . . .  so it was me.  "I" wasn't taking any chances.

It was still there when we went to bed, and we were none the wiser. 

Ahhh  . . .  life its a funny old thing is it not?  In the dawning of a new day I am thinking it must have been Venus . . .  but still . . .  I think it is  kind of strange that it looked like a glowing head of oscillating dandelion fluff.

If I start making mountains with my mashed potatoes you will know that something is terribly wrong.

 


We may need to consult Steven Spielberg on this one.  Scotty, beam me up.  I don't think we're in Kansas anymore  . . .



 In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lemon, Fruit and Nut Breakfast Scrolls.  Delish!

Have a great Saturday.    I need to do a bit of shopping, but still taking it easy.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget  . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


and I do too!



8 comments:

  1. Wow. Always wanted to say I saw a UFO....from the safety of my dark house lol. Lucky the marmalade was stored outside or you would have missed the best dinnertime story of your life....and blog post.....well, maybe not the best, but so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Linda, tender mercies eh! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that was a bright star shinning for you. I did see something about them being very visible and bright. Lovely sight for sure. Never would have thought about aliens. Ha ! I'm a star watcher. Hope you have a super Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was exciting!:)

    Oh you lucky duck w/ call The Midwife starting..

    Perhaps it was Jenny Agutter up there wanting to share previews..of one of the best shows on earth!

    With This Is Us:)

    Remember the Twilight Zone?:)
    Have a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thought Pam and we surely needed a bright star at this moment in our lives. It has completely clouded over today so we won't be able to see tonight if it is there again or not. Hope your Saturday is a special one! xoxo

    You will get it eventually Monique! Oh, I do so love CTMW. It's one of the most stellar programs out there. I know I am preaching to the choir here as you love it also. I remember Twilight Zone very well. Can still hear the opening music! Loved it as a child. Bonne weekend a tois aussi! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering if it was the space station you saw? According to my son, sometimes it is quite visible. But your story is more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie!

    Oh my goodness, how exciting! Did you ever find out what it was? It's pretty strange for sure! My grands would be so delighted to see a UFO... :-O

    Can't wait for the new, Call the Midwife, it's one of our favorite shows as well.

    You make me laugh, Marie!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    P.S. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are pretty sure it was Venus Colleen and Barb. We were hoping to see it again last night, but there was too much cloud cover! Apparently there have been quite a few UFO sightings over the UK, but it's just Venus or so we have been told! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!