Wednesday 11 January 2017

Some days I got nothing . . .



I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I saw on facebook this week that made me giggle.   First this . . . which I hate to admit is actually kind of a good use for something which is going to get throw away, an old microwave.  It did make me laugh because it is kind of hillbilly/valley/mountainfolk-ish.  If a couple of teenagers with a baseball bat are only going to take it out anyways, might as well be a microwave . . .  beam me up Scottie.


Does this happen to you?   I have days/nights when I cannot get my brain to turn off.  I could be sitting on the couch watching television just half an hour before I get into bed and falling asleep, so asleep that I have to re-watch what I was watching the next day because all I remember is the beginning and closing credits . . . get into bed and BOING!  Wide awake.  I think I may have found a cure for that however . . .  I bring my ipad to bed with me and start to watch something on that and within probably 5 to 8 minutes I am nodding off. 

Yep . . .  watching television without occupying my hands at the same time obviously puts me to sleep.

 

Doesn't everyone?  Although in all fairness I do like them in omelettes also, or scrambled boiled and stuffed, in a sandwich.  Umm . . .  I like eggs I guess.  But then again, they are kind of a funny thing.  I have to be in just the right mood to eat them and I can only eat a small portion before my gag factor kicks in . . .  unless they are in a cake/cookie/pie.  The gag factor never kicks in then.



Ain't it the truth.  It happens to us all.  But it's nice to know that Disney Princesses are not immune from it.



The genius of some people boggles my mind.  It is kind of cute however.   I find myself thinking why don't I ever think of things like this.    It would never occur to me that holding a cat over my face would make me look like Batman.




Awww . . . .  cute.


The result of "How Old Do You Really Look Like" analysis.  Umm . . .  to think there are people who actually believe the results of these kinds of things.  For one thing you cannot see my clothes or body in this thing, and for another I think I look much, much younger than 57.  (that was a joke)


Ummm . . . Okay.  I do feel a bit sorry for the pet goat.



Meanwhile back at walmart  . . . .



My friend Val however, posts the nicest things.  I always like her posts.   They make you go aww . . .  they make you think  . . . they make your heart smile.

  

This came up on my memory feed from 2014.  I still like it.

  

Points to ponder (taken from a 1995 Friendship book)

  • One out of ten people in the world is born to aggravate the other nine.
  • Never do or say today things you cannot live with tomorrow.
  • If we listened more carefully to what is happening today, then history might not have to repeat itself so often.
  • Chance made us sisters - hearts made s friends.
  • What a big difference there is between giving advice and lending a hand.
  • If I can't be thankful for what I receive, I'll be thankful for what I escape.      

And with that I will let you go.  It sounds incredibly windy out there today.  I can hear it whistling down the chimney and beating against the window.  Brrrr . . . wrap up warm people!



In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Con Queso Bake.  This was good but very spicy.

Have a great Wednesday, wherever you go and whatever you get up to  don't forget!


 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!


7 comments:

  1. I agree..Val is one of the net's treasures:)What a gifted kind girl.

    Marie..I read Leggs instead of eggs..and I thought..in a cake..lol..
    but I do love eggs.Any way except raw..except if they are in a batter like your cookies:)
    Lucas loved them..a 10..I make him rate lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is Monique. Truly. I don't know how I ended up with blue script there. Wierd! Oh well, one of the internet mysteries we cannot solve! lol Leggs. Do you remember the pantihose that came in a plastic egg called L'eggs? I do! I am so pleased that Lucas gave them a 10! He is the best rater! Children are so honest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another terrific round up. I take a pad and pencil with me and put it beside my bed. Amazing the number of things which appear in your head to prevent you from sleeping. I write them down, empty my head and hardly ever look at what I've written down the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda, I thought about taking a pen and a notebook to bed, but I am always afraid it would wake me up if I started writing thing down, lol. I have a problem with insomnia! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an egg lover at all...only occasionally do I think...in love an egg then I will have two very lightly boiled eggs..but only if they are fresh free range....Mary however does like an egg and she will have an omelette quite often if we are out...Oh and I almost forgot her very favourite and one I make for her to cheer her up and if we have White bread in the house is French Toast and actually I quite like it as well...but we rarely have white bread in the house so that's not often on the menu...tonight's meal...it's in the oven now...is fish and chips both frozen lets hope it will taste ok it looks not to bad......getting very cold down here so wouldn't be surprised if we some snow tomorrow, hope it has missed you, if not. Take care and keep warm ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do remember..because you made me remember..egads you have a perfect memory of our youths! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to remember that Sybil and if you ever come here for a meal make sure not to serve you eggs! We only ever rarely have white bread in the house also, and oven fish and chips is a treat once every fortnight or so. I like the Gastropub cod which is only very lightly battered because it is not greasy and I like to think I am eating something a bit healthier than not! ;-) No snow yet, but it is a lot colder! xoxo

    I do have a great memory Monique, which makes me the perfect player for Trivial Pursuit and as a partner on quiz nights! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!