Friday 13 January 2017

My Friday Finds . . .


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!

 

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Hearts.  Be still my beating heart.  These look gorgeous and my peanut butter loving soul wants to try them.  From Baker By Nature.




I love this simple scarf pattern.   It looks very easy.  From Stitch and Unwind.  I have a huge yarn stash I need to use up.

I am sorry for another Crochet pattern, but I can't resist showing you this blanket.  I love it.  From Cool Creativity.


From Your Homebased Mom, something for the kids and grandkiddies.   Bread in a Bag.   I might even give this a go!



Kiss Me Countdown.  A sweet way to count down the days until Valentines Day.  From Eighteen 25.


Valentines Garland.  No source, but it would be very easy to do.  Playing cards (cheap enough at the dollar/pound shop), a paper punch to cut two holes in the top of each card for threading through ribbon.  Torn fabric strips to tie on and knot, anchoring between the cards.  Simple.




Hands holding hearts Pop Up Valentines.  From The House that Lars Built.

 

 From the Dating Divas.  The 28 Day Marriage Challenge.   Looks like fun!  With date ideas and romance tips.  Woo hoo!


Free Printable Love Coupon Book.  I heart Naptime.  I don't personally think that either Todd or I would like Breakfast in Bed, but some of the other things we would enjoy like half hour back rubs!



 Free printable Stationary.  I like this.  From Glenda's World.  Journal Pages and stationary and a whole lot more cute free printables.  Love LOVE this page.
Twelve small changes for heart health.  Easy enough.  Well, quitting smoking is quite hard.  I know because I did that 29 years ago.  Wasn't easy, but it can be done and is well worth the effort.

 


Hazelnut Mice.  These are so adorable.  From Renaissance Revival.  cute.


 Our and about Backpack, via Love Crochet.   This is so darned cute.   I love it.


 I like this drawstring one from Lion Yarns also.


 Garter Stitch Swingy Sweater from Ravelry.  I love, LOVE this.

And those are my finds for this week!  I hope that you found something there you like.    It's cold and windy out there this morning folks and the roads are said to be icy.  We don't have any snow here in Chester (we seldom do) but they have widespread snow across Great Britain causing travel chaos everywhere.  I do hope it doesn't impact your journey to France Suzan!  Hope you enjoy Paris as much as you have enjoyed the UK.

Jose brought Dexter over to play with Mitzie yesterday.  She was not overly impressed, but Dexter was so cute.  I told Jose if he does it more often they will get used to each other.  Dexter wanted to play but Mitzie just wanted him to go.  lol  All that puppy exuberance was over the top for her and when he started to eat her food, that was the straw that broke the camels back.   She was in a real pouty mood after that.  Its not like she wanted her food (it had been sitting there since breakfast) but she didn't like him nosing around it either.  Dogs are so funny.  I love them!

I have the Zone Leaders coming for lunch and the boiler man coming around the same time to service the boiler.   Figures, coldest day of the year and the heat will be off.  Duh!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*Each day is a day of decision,
     and our decisions determine our destiny.
          ~Russell M Nelson  •。★★ 。*


  Spiritual Enlightenment 




I was craving it so much I baked one yesterday.  French Canadian Salmon Pie.  Recipe is in the English Kitchen today.  It was sooo tasty!  I love this pie.

Have a super Friday.  Whatever you get up to don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



 

8 comments:

  1. Darling Marie I am packed to go. Beth has yet to and the train leaves at 10.30. It is wet here in London. I haven't' been outside yet. Thank you for your most gracious hospitality. Please tell Todd that we enjoyed your cathedral more than the abbey. I think the charge of 20 pounds was steep and had visions of Jesus clearing the temple!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo many good things here today, Marie! Those choc covered peanut butter hearts...well, they're going right to my thighs and everywhere else just looking at them, and I wanna eat 'em all... LOL! That waffle stitch crochet blanket looks very cozy. Andt that crochet backpack--too cute. Can never have too many crochet patterns/ideas for me! ;) LOVE that Valentine's Day countdown! I need some Valentine ideas, so this is great! Oh, Mitzie... so sweet she is. Don't you love it when pets are pouty and moody, just like people?! LOL... Good luck with the boiler and heat today! Happy Weekend to you all there... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the cutest things Marie..
    I think the hearts are stellar also..and of course all the stitching and knitting things..Hope you are having a great day..6 hours ahead of me..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it doesn't take long to service your boiler. Being a cold day it won't take long for the house to cool down. Keep warm and have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked out the bread in a bag. Some great ideas on this site! Love all the knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie. Lovely finds as usual Marie! We're in the Lake District this weekend, it's really cold with lots of snow on the mountains. Just gorgeous! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun things you have found for us today, love these wee hazelnut thingies ! You could make then so easily and I'm sure they would sell it would just be remembering next time we see hazelnuts lying around on the ground for free....and if I could crochet I think that back pack is a great idea as well. You find so many things, I don't know where in your day you find time ! What with entertaining lovely visitors looking after atoned and Mitzie, doing your wonderful art work, the list could go on and on. You make me feel so lazy. However one New Year ....hope for....I don't make resolutions.......is to start knitting again. I have made a start just a child's hat but it's a start. My problem is I always want to keep going till I finish something and as I knit quite fast my hands get really stiff and sore. This time I TRY to stick to only knitting for a short time and stop, so far I've managed not to bad....about to go to bed now so I better say. Night night and God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have had a most spectacular visit to London Suzan, barring the cost of the Cathedral. That is why we have never gone into it yet. Far too pricey but sometime when we are feeling flush we will. We did enjoy having you and Beth here so very much. I hope the rest of your travels run smoothly and that you enjoy them very much! xoxo

    Happy Weekend Tracy! I love all the joy I can see in your words. That makes me very happy! This Valentines will be pretty special I am thinking! xoxo

    We had a pretty good day Monique! Busy but good! I so want to do those hearts! xoxo

    It was done in about an hour Pam, so that was pretty good. It was pretty cold here yesterday and is positively frigid this morning! xoxo

    Thanks Linda! I am intrigued by the bread in the bag myself! xoxo

    Thanks Kate! I can only imagine how gorgeous it is with the snow on the mountains. It is an area of great beauty anyways! Love and hugs. xoxo

    A start is a good thing Sybil! Your fingers will soon be nimbled up again. I don't get near done as much as I would like to get done. I have been really slack so far this year and I need to kick my butt! Too much wishing instead of fishing? I am not sure how that saying goes! DUH! I bet you could do something really special by knitting. Have you seen the twiddle mitts that people knit for those who have alzeihmers? It doesn't matter if you make mistakes or anything because they all add to the texture and fun of the mitt! God bless you and Mary and Masy also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!