Monday 2 January 2017

Small and Wonderful Things . . .



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




Mitzie is feeling much, much better this morning.  Whew!  Still not 100%, but a whole lot better.  This was the first morning in almost a week that I have not been greeted in the morning by the smell of a sick dog and she is actually quite chipper, although the photo does not express that.  I hate HATE it when she is not well.  After what happened to our Jess, I am ultra paranoid and always expecting the worst.  (Although I know I shouldn't.)  Lets hope that this is part of a steady progression towards her being completely well again!  Baby steps.  Thanks so much for your prayers and happy thoughts.  They are working!



One last glimpse of my beautiful tree which will be coming down today.  I hate it when the Christmas Tree comes down.  Every year I think I have the most beautiful tree and every year I hate to see it go away and back into its box along with all of the ornaments.  It is really a lot wider than it looks here.   The camera's perspective has it looking tall and narrow.  It is not really.  Its actually about 4 feet wide and six feet tall.  There is so much about it I love.  All the blown glass ornaments . . .  the red and white toadstools . . .  the homemade ornaments and remembrances from friends . . . I love all of it.  I wish my whole house could be a Christmas tree, but  . . .  yeh, I guess that would be a bit too much.



I love my tall house tea light holder.  Its very home sweet home to me . . .  lit windows glowing in the dark, the light flickering . . . winter snuggly . . .




Getting to play with Lego.  I love LOVED it.  And I will do it again!  Not into Star Wars stuff though.  Just normal stuff.   What will I get up to next  . . .  we shall see.



I love my little suitcases.  I have in mind to fill them with stuff for little people.  There is a page I love called Manomine.   She does this.



Fills little boxes with little characters and their belongings.  As soon as I saw these suitcases I knew what I wanted to do with them.  Yes, I guess I still am a child at heart.


But are they not just totally delightful.   I can do that.  Feed my inner child.  Playing is good.  We need not be serious all the time.  Life is far too short.  When I think of all the women I admire I see clearly that life for them is not all business, but also plenty of play and oodles of whimsey.


Copenhagen in Denmark.  It is now on my bucket list.  I was watching a Paul Hollywood baking show yesterday and he was in Copenhagen and I loved what I saw.  Maybe for a weekend break when Todd is finished all his treatments.   You can fly there for as little as £29.  We shall see.  I think we will need a break then.   We will be up for some fairytales and frosty streets.

 

A new year/day/page to write on.  What will it bring.  It's exciting and scary and a blessing all rolled into one.  We never know what to expect do we.  The future is always unknown.   That is where faith comes in.  We just have to keep moving forward in faith that all will be well, and if it is not, then we have to know that it will be well again one day, if not for now, and that life is always a balance of the good and the bad.  We need both to become rounded.  Sometimes it seems like there is more bad than good and sometimes it is the other way around.   To be able to make the most of whatever situation we find ourselves in is a blessing.  There is always a lesson to be learned, a strength to acquire, character to develop, etc.  Life is not so much about what rocks the boat, but how you handle the boat when it starts rocking.  Sink or swim.  Its a choice we make.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*In French you don't say "I miss you."
you say "Tu me manques" which means
"You are missing from me."
I love that  . . .  *。*˚*。*˚


Spiritual Enlightenment


 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  French Onion Soup.     Love, Love, LOVE.


I wish for you a fabulous week, filled with lots of small and wonderful things!  Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!


11 comments:

  1. I love the look of that soup. I am glad Mitzie is a bit better. I am still far from well and am beginning to be worried I won't be on my plane on Wednesday. It doesn't help that mum wants me to eat all kinds of things I do not like. The food arguments started before Christmas as I bought the worng prawns. I am allergic to them and I thought I had done my best. They went down the disposal. Then it was a turkey pie mum wanted. I made it. That just went down the disposal. Now she wants me to eat potato which is far from my favourite vegetable. Everything I say or do is just wrong at present.

    Sorry for the whine.

    I am looking forward to leaving the heat. Today has been hot and humid and we had power cuts. Fortunately God supplied a gentle breeze.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those suitcases are adorable...wish they had something like that on this side of the pond. glad to hear that mitzie is doing better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Mitzi is feeling better. Thank you Lord. And please put me on any prayer roll there is - I believe in prayer and would appreciate any and all prayers. We are alone here and I have only told two people -- we are so private and reclusive and it is hard for me to talk about. Thank you all and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear that Mitzie is doing better. That is a blessing and a relief I'm sure. I'm leaving my little nativity set out till January 6th but yes, Christmas will be put away here too. Some how I must get the house looking decent enough for others to see as I've put it up for sale. It's a maze of clutter here as I've been sorting out in order to down size for weeks now. None of us knows just what may come our way each day but I try to remember always this is a day the Lord has made and to rejoice and be glad in it. Hopefully it will be a Happy New Year for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes..good Mitzi is feeling better..could be the holidays..?

    The suitcases..Marie..I had a folding table w/ 4 chairs when I was little..the metal parts were red..but the top of the table had your motif!

    It was like a card table..ring a bell?Iwantitback.
    I hope you get well soon Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear Mitzie is better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Todd and Mitzie have been in my prayers.... thank goodness she is feeling better today. Thank you for sharing her update as I have been sooo thinking about this precious dog. Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So grateful to hear about your sweet Mitzie. She has been in my prayers. Thank you for sharing her update as I have been thinking about her and You and Todd. Happy New Year! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are well enough to travel by Wednesday Suzan. I don't know how you cope with the heat. I could not. God bless. xoxo

    Thanks sis! xoxo

    Oh dear Pam, I feel for you and what you are having to go through, although I know we all have to do it at some point. I have been trying over the past year but it seems an endless chore. Praying you get all you need to get done and that your home sells at a fair price. xoxo

    How uncanny Monique! What a cute table that must have been! We had a metal folding table and chairs also, but the top was plain red vinyl. And yes, it was like a card table. That table was all sorts to us. A place to sit and colour, a fort, a place to sit and have a snack. All sorts! So was our blackboard. We used to also use it as a slide sometimes. Its a good thing we didn't weigh very much! I wish you could still buy card tables. They came in so handy! xoxo

    Thanks Bunny and Cathy. Sorry I did not have a chance to comment yesterday. Today she is feeling even better still than yesterday. Almost back to normal! Whew! Your prayers were appreciated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Mitzi is improving every day. I know how scary it can be when they are ill. Those suitcases are so darn precious. Our decorations are too coming down today Epiphany. I always feel sad putting everything away. The house feels empty without all the added decor and lights. They evoke such beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!