Tuesday 27 December 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, December 27, 2016

Outside my window ...
It is cold and dark.  Not raining however.  That's always a bonus in the Winter.

I am thinking ...
This can't possibly be my last daybook entry for 2016, and yet it is.  How did that happen?  2016 just whizzed by at the speed of light!  Scary!

In the kitchen ...


Crispy Chicken Wings, light, crisp and healthier than most wing recipes as they are baked with no fat added.  Just a crispy flour coating and a spritz with low fat cooking spray.  New Years Eve finger food!

On my "To Cook" list ...


Slow Cooker Cuban Pork.  I have wanted to try this for a while.   From Belly Full.

Good to Know ...


I love painting my nails.   I really do.  I tend to stay away mostly from dark colours, but every once in a while I let loose and play the vamp!

I am creating ...


I recdently purchasd this pattern from Gingermelon.  Fun fun!  I love Gingermelon's patterns.  They are cute and easy to do.



Cupcake coffee cup cosies.  So cute.  FromTwinkie Chan.

 

A Crochet Hook Storage Case.  I love it. From Naztazia.  There are actually a lot of free patterns there.

 

A Tri-fold Mini Album.  From Authentique.

 

Junkaholics' Homemade Christmas Pressies.  Lots of food for thought there.

 I am reading ...

  

The Fairest Beauty, by Melanie Dickerson

Sophie has long wished to get away from her stepmother’s jealous anger, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be her chance at freedom—but can she trust another person to keep her safe?

Gabe knows he defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the orphan girl has stolen his heart. Though romance is impossible—she is his brother’s future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else—he promises to himself he will keep her safe, no matter what.

When the pair are forced to run to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help—but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Can they find a way to protect Sophie while also safeguarding their hearts?

A play on Snow White.  A bit of fluff, but somethings you need a bit of fluff.

I am looking forward to ...
  

Getting stuck into the Book of Mormon again this year in Sunday School.

Dreaming About ...
 

 NYC in winter  . . .

 

Second star to the right, straight on til morning  . . .



Vintage red  . . .

 

A cosy chair to curl up in  . . . 

 

Flowers in her hair  . . .

Something to watch ... 
  

Harvey starring James Stewart.  Elwood P. Dowd (James Stewart) and his best friend Harvey are inseparable. They go everywhere together, spreading warmth and kindness throughout all the bars in town. The only trouble is that Harvey is a 'Pooka' - a six foot-plus rabbit that only Elwood can see. When Elwood and Harvey embarass the former's social-climbing sister Veta Louise (an Oscar-winning Josephine Hull) once too often, she finally opts to get Elwood the treatment she thinks he needs, and arranges to have him installed in the local mental asylum. However, Harvey's unseen but ever-felt presence ensures that all does not go according to plan.

I love these old films.

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see,
but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.
~Johnny Depp 

Makes me smile ...

 

It took me all yesteray morning, but I got it done and it was fun!  I am so glad that Santa brought me some Lego!  It was challenging and it made me think.  I loved it!

One of my favourite things ...
 

Listening to the Queen's Christmas message every Christmas Day.  I have done this since I was a little girl.  It is an essential part of Christmas for me.  I love it.  Her message this year . . .  "WE can do small things with great love."  I said to Todd, she's been reading my blog!


Corners of my Kingdom ...


The Old Bridge at Sligachan, Isle of Skye, Inner Hebrides. Scotlan.  The Isle of Skye is on my bucket list.

And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

 


10 comments:

  1. I have never played with Logos. It's wild how many sets there are now. What fun gifts for you guys. :)

    Harvey is one of my favorite movies. ♥

    2016 FLEW by, fastest year yet for me, I think.

    We have a few leftovers here but ended up getting a pizza last night, and I made brownies. The thing that tasted best to me during Christmas dinner, though, was a simple tomato-cucumber-onion salad. :) I always crave cold salads at holiday meals and finally wised-up this year and decided to make one. It hit the spot, and I'm making another big dish of the same one today.

    Enjoy your Tuesday, Marie. 'Last few days of the year?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you darling Marie. I am still sick and have had dry toast and water today. A few minutes ago I thought a piece of cake would be nice. Let us hope it is a positive sign. All we have is fruit cake and I am sure that is far from ideal right now.

    Actually we have very little festive food in the house. This year we have all been given a huge amounts of chocolate. We are quietly trying to share it around. Pip gets migraines and I am diabetic. I think I have finally convinced the extended family that we should only be buying gifts for tiny people.

    I have never seen Harvey. It sounds delightful.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself craving salads also Val! Made myself a big mixed salad on Christmas Eve and then a coleslaw to enjoy over Christmas. All the best to you in 2017! Xoxo

    I hope you feel better soon Susan! We have a very poorly dog here today. So far she Has just vomited several times but she is definitely very poorly. God willing it is nothing serious. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are unique..Legos:) Noah loves them..my other boys not so much..fun for you and yes great for them mind..the patern you bought is adorable Marie..when I put a dark polish..the very next day if not the same..a chip and boy does it show:)
    I bought a dark Opi at the $ store and yes true to form..chip.
    I love Vitry nail repair..and Sèche Vite top coat..on a pale pale pale pale pink:)They last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I didn't get in to coment yesterday, dear knows where the day went!! I don't think I even got commenting on your Xmas day blog...I'm so pleased that you got the hoped for Lego you are so clever to have made up such a fine thing......I had our friend Val over yesterday for Boxing Day lunch, I was going to make salad but had so much left from xmas dinner that I just more or less repeated the previous days food except the ham was cold rather than hot. I even made a dessert at the last minute I opened a cake that Beth had made and found it was a chocolate cake...more like a brownie...so Mary set to and peeled half a dozen wee oranges which I decorated around the ...cake...having laid the ...cake on a layer of brandy butter and then they had plenty cream to pour over..Val certainly enjoyed it....Masy has had a lovely time over Xmas she got a new toy from Lyn it's .poo bear she loves it I must send you a video to let you see her reaction to it....now I am going to see if I can find today's blog...this is Tuesdays. As we are now in Wednesday I'm sure you must have put a blog in early....
    PSis Mitzie better, I note in one of your replies that she was a bit poorly ? Xxxxxxlove you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just need to actually make the toy now Monique! There is a little girl's birthday coming up in February and I think it would go down well. I have in mind to do a whole house in a box for it. We shall see. Best laid plans and all. I have pale pink on my nails at the moment. I like it best of all. xoxo PS - playing with lego is a great way to feed your creativity and your brain.

    Sounds as if you have had a great Christmas Sybil! We have had leftovers two days in a row. I think you are a day ahead Sybil as today is only Tuesday! lol Was it the sherry? lol I will look forward to seeing Masy in action. Mitzie is very poorly today. We have not been giving her any treats so I think she must have picked up something in the garden. Who knows. People also throw things over. Bad, bad. I hope she feels better soon. Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to add that the bunny is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun daybook. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to! You are so creative! Enjoy this week between Christmas and New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the Queens speech this year, I will have to look it up and watch it. I sure hope she feels better real soon. Not ready to lose her yet.
    I will be glad when this year is over, too many deaths.
    Anyway, I enjoyed the visit
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Suzan! xoxo

    Thanks Deb! We are just taking it easy! Happy New Year to you! xoxo

    I hope we don't lose the Queen either Janice and that she and Philip feel better real soon too! Thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!