Sunday 25 December 2016

Merry Christmas!

  

Merry Christmas to you all my friends!  May your days be blessed with love, family, friends, good food, good health and more blessings that your cup can hold.  Thank you all so much for your support through the year and your faithfulness in visiting me.   I think you are all pretty special!  Love you to bits.

I hope he doesn't mind, but I am sharing Kyle's video with you.  Kyle did his mission here several years back and we loved having him in our home for meals and visits.   I had no idea at the time that my friend Valerie was his mom and she had no idea that we were the Rayners he spoke of in his letters home.   This video is just brilliant and won an award this year.  He is such a talented young man.  Its funny when these youngsters are here on their missions you never realise just what their talents are in their "real" lives.  They are just Missionaries and focused on that.  It is always a surprise to see after they are finished what happens.  So may go home and get married and start families and have these fabulous educations and careers.  They are such an inspiration to me.  I predict good things for Kyle.  Enjoy!




God bless you all!


7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Marie! Have a wonderful Christmas Day with your family! Great video, very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth called in early and woke the household by screaming out Merry Christmas. The three of us were not impressed. We then got a wiggle on and went to spend time with dad. He was in a happy mood and enjoyed the attention and presents. I was going to take dad to mass but he was so happy and interactive I could not waste that opportunity. We came home and made sandwiches and a cheese board to share at Bethany's. It was strange because we had a blackout and it covered a huge area. Just as well there was no cooking to be done here.

    The happy side of the thundery showers was a much cooler but still humid world. Beth had to be the teacher and had games arranged. When Jermu's family came they brought the dad's sister. She spoke English so very well and was a joy. We spent the afternoon playing pictionary style games and when the rain stopped a very soggy game of French cricket was played. That was pure craziness in itself. After that we played a Finnish games called Molkky. See here to read about it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6lkky. It was addictive and fun and everyone from mum down played it. Usi, J's father, made the game lots of fun by standing everything back up and helping things run smoothly.

    Mr Jermu made a huge vegan meal. Beth did not have the blackout and Jermu cooked his heart out. He did well. Beth decorated beautifully and it was a pleasure to sit under the verandah and relax.

    I don't normally talk about gifts. This year Beth surprised me with a suitcase ornament with a picture of the Eiffel Tower upon it. Pip found me a dvd series about Queen Victoria. In fact all my gifts had some true thought and love behind them.

    It isn't even 8 pm and I am ready for bed.

    God bless you all and have a safe and happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Marie, hope you and Todd have a wonderful day! Lots of love xxx

    Happy Christmas Suze, sounds like you had a lovely day! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have had a lovely day my dear friends. Hope Santa stopped by and unloaded some Lego !...It's been lovely here emstarting with the early service at church when there were more people than I have seen in a long time which made it all the more special......we even had a wee baby 4 months old a grandson of one of our members camebwithmhis mum dad grandma and grandpa.....night night dearest Marie and Todd....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, it sounds as if you have had a perfect Christmas. I am so pleased and someone else even did the cooking. Yay!! Thanks and God bless! xoxo

    Thanks Kate! We did! Love right back atcha! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! God bless! xoxo

    Thanks Sybil, we had a perfect day. and yes, I did get something to play with! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!