Friday 23 December 2016

Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!

 

Old Fashioned Paperback Book Cover.  A free crochet pattern from Oombawka Design.



Cosmetic Zip Pouches, made using only 2 fat quarters of fabric.  From Polka Dot Chair.





I love this craft bag.  I might make myself one of these to take to the hospital with me when Todd is having his treatments.  From Sew Sweetness, a free pattern.




How to remove permanent marker from every thing. 



Store and organize board games in a shoe organiser.  Brilliant!




This is so cute.  A Christmas Tree Cheese Ball.  From The Girl Who Ate Everything.



DIY Rosemary Wreath Placecards.  From Tesco Living.



Painted Confetti Dish Towels.  From Dandee.


  

Decoupage Hangers.  You need wooden ones for this.  So pretty.  From Prima.

 
 Pretty pillow cases from Decor 8.  I love pretty pillow cases.




 A rag quilt tutorial.  From Fleece Fun.

 

 Shirley Temple anyone?   I have always wondered how to make one.  From Culinary Hill.

 

From Ravelry.  Christmas Balls Ornament set.  Not free but not expensive either.  Maybe for next year.   I can't decide which one is the cutest.

 

How to make mittens from an old sweather.  From Good Homes Designs.   Sweet.

 

From Pulling Curls.  Real Tips for real families.  I don't know anyone who could use this.   I am always looking to be more organised.  It's my artsy craftsy self who is totally disorganised.

 And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something of value that you can use. I find lots more than this, but these are things I think you just might like. I hope that you did!



I finished it.  And I have another one sketched.  You are the first to see it.  I called it "Bringing Home the Tree."  And I have another one started.  I went upstairs yesterday afternoon to go to the loo and ended up in the craftroom and sat down and just started sketching.  I was lost in my own little world and didn't even notice it getting darker until Mitzie came up and nudged me to tell me it was time to get her supper.  That's what it is like when you are in the depths of creation.  Everything else disappears except for what is springing out of your fingertips  . . .


 A thought to carry with you . . .

⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
"Our Heavenly Father’s plan 
contains the ultimate 
expressions of true love. 
All that we hold dear, even our families, 
our friends, our joy, our knowledge,
 our testimonies, would vanish 
were it not for our Father and 
His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ."
~Thomas S Monson
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

That is the greatest gift of all.

Spiritual Enlightenment 




Have you got time to bake one more Christmas Cookie?  I hope you do.  These Italian Christmas Biscotti are fabulous!  Buttery little soft sugar cookie pillows of delight.  Recipe in The English Kitchen today.


Have a great Friday! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. What a cute piece of art. You really are talented. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you also Suzan! xoxo

    Thanks Linda! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that cheese tree..and the Topless Baker on IG made cute macarons ones:)
    Your new piece is beautiful..Marie..I don't want to pry..have you heard from your agent?


    Have a beautiful day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to check out how to make one of those Shirly Temples. I've heard of them but can't remember having one! No baking going one here at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing at all from my Agent Monique. Very disappointing. I will have to look for the Macaron Christmas Trees. Can you believe I have never made a Macaron? I know! I am way behind the times! I have been busy delivering gifts today and cooking a turkey for Doreen. Now tomorrow I can relax! xoxo

    Oh, I wish you lived close by Pam! I would give you some of mine! I was thinking I might make some eggnog this year. But the non alcohol kind. God bless! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Ma, I havnt done any baking this year...must be the first time ever that I havnt made the mince pies, or the Christmas cake....never mind bought ones will have to do...There is plenty in the boxes etc......and now today we went for lunch to my lovely niece Beth and Husband Max's for lunch and what did she give Mary and I for Xmas the basket we gave her last year ! That she said we must open when we got home as this year she had made home makes for us....so I opened and in there was home made cheese scones, mince pies, and cheese straws. These are all things her Mum Sarah made ..the difference being that Sarah was a real champion cook and her scones nearly drifted of the plate and her cheese straws were just divine I have yet to eat better...poor Beth she is trying so hard to copy things her mum did, and truth to tell she will never make a baker....bless her of course I could never tell her, I have just phoned to say how delicious these scones were !!! After all it's the love behind the gift that matters and she loves us so much, as does Max. Neither of them were at all well but they still insisted in us going over....so although I'm lacking in the delicious mince pies etc we have plenty to...eat ?....
    Hope you managed to get the turkey cooked for Dorothy and taken round to her bet she was happy....now I'm off to chop up some chicken thighs for Marys cat, he is old now and really only likes well chopped up chicken, I cooked them before we went out and now comes the chopping up !! Enjoy tomorrow Marie and Todd. Weather looks as if it might be nicer than today's rain and gales xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Friday ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Sybil and Mary! What a thoughtful gift from Beth! The thought alone made up for the lack of expertise I am sure. How very sweet. Doreen will love her turkey I am sure. We used to have her here at the house for dinner, but those days are long since gone due to her mobility. God bless you both and a very Merry Christmas. xoxo

    Thanks Deb! You are so welcome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!