Friday 9 December 2016

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!

 

Use an old book cover to create a new scrapbook for the holidays.  From The Nerd Nest.  I love this idea.  Plus the old pages you take out could be used for altered art.

 

Holiday Card Holder anyone?   What a unique idea and great repurposing.  From Four Corners Design.

 

Martha Stewart.  Table Place Card Holders from twigs and branches.  Unique!   I love it!  Such a simple idea!



I REALLY love this one from Christmas.365 Greetings.   How very pretty and such a simple thing.

 

I could not find a source for this, but what a lovely idea.   This is so cute and so simple.  Three candy canes glued together and tied with a bow.  The perfect place card older.  You could glue them with Royal Icing glue.   Then the whole thing is edible.  (Except for the bow and the card.)



Christmas Cookie Cans for giving using Pringles containers.  From Fun Squared.  Now I will have to save my Pringles Containers all year round for this!  Wish I had thought of this myself!  It's a beautiful way to present cookies to neighbors and friends!

 

30 + Cute ways to wrap Christmas Presents.  From No Biggie.

 

No Source, but I love this idea of using an old picture frame for a unique and pretty door wreath.  Its a great way to use up some extra baubles as well!



This is cute.  A DIY Family Photo Christmas Wreath.  I love it!  From The Crafting Chicks.  Its supposed to be for Valentines Day, but it would work for Christmas very well I think!



Create Craft Love.  A lighted Burlap Garland.  Simple.



Crafts Unleashed.  Embroidery Hoop Ornaments.  Cute!




Red Velvet Cake Roll with Chocolate and Peppermint Buttercream Frosting.  From Platter Talk.  This looks so good!  A great alternative to Christmas Pudding.



 Reindeer Cookies from I Heart Naptime.  Wish we could get Nutter Butters here.



 Cookie Cutter Fudge from Betty Crocker.  So sweet and I don't mean that just because of the sugar content!  These are cute!

 

 Mason Jar Friendship Soup.  With a free printable label.  From Oh My Creative.  What a great neighbor or friend Christmas Gift.



 Manicure/Pedicure in a jar.  I love it!  Complete tutorial on You Tube. Also for many others.

 

Snowman Soup from Oh My Creative.
 
 

Free Mug Cosy Pattern. This would make a great gift along with a lovely mug.  From Patterns For Crochet.

  

A Simple Granny Shawl.   Nice.  I love this.  From  All Free Crochet.  This would make a great gift.  A great way to use up bits and bobs as well.

 

Ravelry.  A cute neck warmer to knit.   Love the ruffle.

 

I love these curtains.  Art Com Quaine.

 

It might take me until next summer to get this done, but I like it.  A Crochet Fly Curtain.  (Necessary over here because we don't have window screens or screen doors.)  From  Mrs Thomasina Tittlemouse.  (Loving the Blog name.)   I really REALLY like this.  A complete Tutorial.


And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something of value that you can use. I find lots more than this, but these are things I think you just might like. I hope that you did!

A thought to carry with you . . .


⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
Sometimes the wrong choices
bring us to the right places.
~Unknown
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment 





In The English Kitchen today.  Crockpot Turkey Breast.  This was excellent.  I am doing my Christmas Turkey crown this way for sure this year.  We loved it.



It was tender, moist and delicious.  And the gravy was to die for.


Have a great Friday! Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

10 comments:

  1. been in North Wales for a few days this week which was lovely. My daughter is coming home today for a couple of days and we'll be back down to London soon for Christians first birthday, it's all go! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can probably tell my phone is playing up again! I love all your Christmassy things!!! Xxx

      Delete
    2. As you can probably tell my phone is playing up again! I love all your Christmassy things!!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie. Love all the Christmassy things, I can't believe it's coming round so quickly!
    We've

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Kate. These new phones are fabulous but also a big pain in the butt at times! Love you. Enjoy your trip to London! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crocheted neck warmer. Just the thing to have on these cold days! Hope your Friday is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make the turkey in the slow cooker. It works so well and frees up the oven for other things. 'Seems to make a very juicey meat too. Sometimes I cook it in just olive oil and Italian seasoning; last Friday (belated Thanksgiving here), I just used butter, salt, and poultry seasoning. It's always so good this way.

    And I wish I'd thought of the cookie cutter/fudge idea for gift-giving. Maybe next year! I always give my brothers a batch of Grandma's fudge, but I don't think they bake enough to get much use out of the cookie cutters after, but someone else might. . . .I'll keep it in mind for next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that one too Pam! Although today it has gotten really warm here. Up in the high 60's. Unheard of this time of year. Not complaining! xoxo

    That sounds lovely Val! I Will have to try it that way also. I am going to do the fudge for our little visitors! I picked up the cookie cutters today! xoxo

    I love the ruffle too Monique! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the coments about cooking the turkey in the slow cooker, makes me wish I had kept mine now..I gave it away as I just couldn't get things to cook in it as well as in the oven....love the idea for wrapping, I might make a start this weekend....take care and enjoy the few warmer days xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!