Tuesday 13 December 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, December 13, 2015

Outside my window ...
It is cold and dark and surprisingly dry.  For the moment anyways!

I am thinking ...
About how very fast this past year has flown.  It hardly seems possible we are almost to the end of it.  How did that happen?  Last year this time we had no idea that Todd would have cancer before the end of the next year.  Life is full of surprises, twists and turns.  We never know what is around the corner.  We must treasure each moment for what it brings.

In the Kitchen ...


They are not very pretty, but boy oh boy are they ever delicious!  Gingerbread Scones!  Stogged full of white chocolate chips and a fabulous gingerbread punch of flavours!  The smell when they are baking it out of this world!

On my "To Cook" list ...



Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Cookies.   From The Recipe Critic.  Oh.  My.  Word.  Must.  Bake.

Good to know ...


True or not I now have an excuse for eating all of the cashews in the mixed nut tin,

I am creating ...
I have a new painting on the go, but until it is revealed here are some new ideas.



From wooly wormhead, a free pattern for a tea cosy hat, or ponytail hat.  There are a load of hat patterns on the page.  I happen to love this one.



A cute little ice skate ornament.  Love this.  From Craft Stylish.

 

Mitten Ornaments.  A free pattern from Red Heart.  If I start now I could have enough by next Christmas for every grandchild.

 

I think this little Hobby Horse Ornament is really cute.  Free tutorial at Tanith Rowan Designs.

 

My Sister posted this photo on Facebook.  These are all ornaments we used to make for our Craft Sales, except for the Angel on top.  Those little clothespin angels, the snowmen, Santa Claus, little stars.  I made all of those things and I plan on doing tutorials for them to show you on here next year.  Fun fun!

I am reading ...


To Capture What We Cannot Keep, by Beatrice Colin
In February 1887, Caitriona Wallace and Emile Nouguier meet in a hot air balloon, floating high above Paris - a moment of pure possibility. But back on firm ground, their vastly different social strata become clear. Cait is a widow who because of her precarious financial situation is forced to chaperone two wealthy Scottish charges. Emile is expected to take on the bourgeois stability of his family's business and choose a suitable wife. As the Eiffel Tower rises, a marvel of steel and air and light, the subject of extreme controversy and a symbol of the future, Cait and Emile must decide what their love is worth. Seamlessly weaving historical detail and vivid invention, Beatrice Colin evokes the revolutionary time in which Cait and Emile live - one of corsets and secret trysts, duels and Bohemian independence, strict tradition and Impressionist experimentation. To Capture What We Cannot Keep, stylish, provocative, and shimmering, raises probing questions about a woman's place in that world, the overarching reach of class distinctions, and the sacrifices love requires of us all.

Just beginning.

I am looking forward to ...
The Ward Christmas Party on Saturday night.   I am hoping, hoping, hoping that we can attend and that Todd is not too tired.

Dreaming about ...


Room with a view  . . .




Organised baking drawers . . .




Heart Strings . . .



A floral scarf to wrap up in  . . .




Silver birds in gold lockets  . . . Alex Munroe . . .

Something to watch ...



My friend Val turned me on to this  . . .

A favourite Quote for the day  ...
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

The best way to spread Christmas Cheer,
is singing loud for all to hear  . . . 
~Buddy the Elf 

Makes me smile ... 
  

An embroidered kitten crawling out of the pocket . . . I love this!

One of my favourite things  ...


 Homemade French Onion Soup.  There is nothing tastier  . . . I don't like there to be too much cheese.  I have had it in restaurants where the cheese gags you there is so much of it.  Just enough to give you a good taste will do.

Corners of My Kingdom ...


 Eastgate Clock, Chester . . .  all lit up for Christmas.  This is the second most photographed clock in Britain, second only to Big Ben.  And to think  . . . I get to see it all the time.


And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


PS - Could you please keep my good friend Kathy in your prayers today as she goes into hospital to have a Malignant Melanoma removed from her leg.  Thanks! 


7 comments:

  1. So much to comment on! Cashews, yes! Very expensive here but if theyre medicinal then I'll just have to fork out.
    I love your art work. Waiting to see the next creation.
    Yes to French onion soup and knitted ornaments, East gate clock and the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about this latest piece Linda. I keep going into my craft room to look at it and every time I do I fall in love again!! I can't wait to finish it, but I am working at it slowly because I want every aspect of it to be perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea that there is a good reason to eat cashews! Who knew? Have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Todd just gets better and better..poor guy..
    you are right..life can change in one single heartbeat.One moment.
    I actually hate that.
    Unless it's for the better.
    I know..I am not realistic.

    Cashews..J has some every day:) Costco has big pots of them.
    Lots of cuteness here.
    Your ornaments and craft sales bring back so many memories..I was a craft sale girl too when my girls were young..

    2 change in a heartbeat things..you are wished..
    Todd ALLBETTER
    YOU getting a contract for your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Pam! They are my favourite nut! I know they are also considered a superfood also! You have a terrific Tuesday also! Xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I am always reminded of how much worse things could be and so I am grateful for what we have. God forbid it be one of th grandchildren or a worse level. Stage 2 is filled with lots of hope. You just have to take the cards you are dealt and plYmthe best hand possible! I think each day we are given past the age of 50 is a great blessing. I have out lived my grandfather by almost 10 years and Todd has outlived. Oh his parents by almost 20 years. You take your blessings where you find them. I know you do too! Oh, I have always seen you as a craftspweson! Love you to bits! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just said a prayer that Kathys operation is a success and they get all the melanoma out first time. What fun these wee mittens would be on a tree we could put a sweet in each...in fact just had an idea knit or crochet 25 of them then embroider the numbers on...I think you already know what I'm going to say next.....sew each mitten on a background piece of felt it whatever we have lying around...There we have it our own Advent Callander we could even put cracker jokes in them the ideas are endless might even DO it next year !....Mary and I had a good day. Went along to Chippenham our nearest small town well Bath is one way Chippenham the other both aprox 5 miles but Chip. Is so much quieter, although so busy this morning I was amazed to get a parking spot we left at 8.30 normally in by 8.55 latest, today I did t get parked till 9.15 just traffic...anyway it was a good shopping after that so the good Lord was certainly on our side.... Helen came down around lunch time to collect the 20 parcels I had wrapped for her last night, she said it would take her hours !! To do the last 10 LOL...night night. God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy Sybil, wrapping 20 parcels. You had a job there!! Well done! I wish I was a better knitter, but I will give them a go! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!