Thursday 8 December 2016

Raindrops on Roses . . .



These are a few of my favourite things . . .



I adore Country Music.  I didn't always like it.  The year I went to take my Secretarial Training (the year after I graduated from High School) the bus driver who picked us up was a Country Music Fan and that is all he played on the bus.  I slowly came to love it.  That was the year Jolene came out by Dolly Parton.  I have to say that I much prefer the ballad type of Country Music and that a lot of the modern stuff doesn't sound an awful lot like Country, but I like it all.  We got rid of Sky Sattelite TV this year and went to Free Sat and they have a Country Music station on it!  Yay!  Todd and I were just thrilled to pieces!  We listen to it a lot and watch the music videos.  We are in Country Music Heaven.  I have my favourite singers and songs.  A lot of them are old school but then I am an old school kind of a girl.

I got to see Tanya Tucker sing in concert in person once.  Aaron Tippen was opening for her.  It was a wonderful experience.  That woman has such a powerful voice.  Simply amazing.  My daughter Amanda went with me.  She used to like country music also.  When she was little she knew all the words to Patsy Cline songs and everything.  She would sing along with me in the car.  I wonder if she remembers that  . . .



Cold Leftover Pizza Breakfasts  . . . It isn't something I get to indulge in very often because pizza isn't something we have in the house very often.  I had food poisoning a few years ago after I had eaten pizza and was very ill for about 4 days.  I didn't think I would ever love pizza again.  That's usually what happens when you  get sick after eating something.  Thankfully that didn't happen.  Whew!  I still love pizza.  The Chicken Parm I had on the same day however  . . . have never been able to stomach it again.  I am pretty sure it was the Chicken Parm that made me sick.  Food poisoning is NEVER fun. 

Ohhh . . .  how I miss it.  Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle Ice Cream.  I have not had it since I moved over here.  I used to treat us to a bucket of it every year for Christmas.  You get those crunchy bits of candy cane in it and the chocolate crackle bits.  It was so good.   I've never been able to find it to indulge in whenever I have been home, so it is probably only a seasonal thing . . . as I have always only ever been there in the summer.

Perhaps I will have to try to make my own.  We shall see . . . 



President's Choice Products.  I always loved them.  They were always really tasty.  Their cookies, their fish, their chicken . . . their sauces etc.  If it was President's Choice I always knew it was going to be good.  They used to do a sauce I loved called Grandmother McGilicuttie's Sage and Onion Sauce.  (Probably spelt the name wrong)  That was the secret ingredient I used in my turkey gravy every year that made my gravy taste better than anyone elses.  I loved their  Scottish Cod in Batter and their Chicken Strips.   I don't think they had a product that I tried that I didn't like.

Ohhhh  . . . their Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies  . . .  drool.

I better stop talking about food now  . . .


Pretty coffee mugs and latte cups.   I don't even drink tea and coffee, but I love the mugs etc. that go along with it.  I just adore this one I am showing you.   I do drink herbal teas from time to time and I enjoy them in a nice mug.    A pretty much, or a cup and saucer.   Pretty big mugs like this also come in handy for serving soup.  I love soup in a mug, especially tomato soup.

Ack, back to food again . . .  darn!


Pearls.  I adore pearls.  It is very June Cleaver.  I have pearls, but I never wear them, except for in my ears.  It's that old neck thing.  I hate my decolatage.  It looks old.   You can make your face look young, but its pretty hard to "youthafise" your neck.   That doesn't stop me from loving pearls though  . . .  they feel so cold when you put them on, but then they warm up and feel so nice . . .   I have a beautiful necklace that a dear friend sent me with a gold bow on it.  You know who you are.  I treasure it.  It is one of my most precious treasures.  Gifts from friends always are.   Some day I am going to buy myself some pearl drop earrings.  Just because . . . .

I thought maybe this morning, but I woke up and haven't won the lottery yet so oh well. ha ha


Blossom Blast Saga.  I love Love LOVE it.  It is a matching game and I love matching games.  You have to line up matches of flowers and get them to burst.  Different flowers, different bursts, etc.  It is mindless fun and a great way to lose yourself and stretch your brain at the same time.  And this one is pretty.  And as we all know  . . .  I love pretty things.   I am not interested in blowing up Zombies, but I love blasting flowers.




Swing coats and jackets.  I love the shape.  I especially like this one because it has big buttons and I love big buttons.  I don't know why I love this shape, maybe because it is a cross between a cape and a coat?  I am not sure.  I only know I like it.   I hope clothes in heave are free, because here on earth I have never been able to afford to dress the way I like, perhaps in heaven I will.

It wouldn't be heaven otherwise!



I love this coat too  . . .



German Christmas Markets.  I have never been to one, but I hope to go to one some day.  I can only imagine the sounds and smells and festivity in the air.  Maybe I will be disappointed, but somehow I don't think I will.  One day  . . .

And those are some of my favourite things for this week.  Do share some of yours!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
She made broken look beautiful
and strong look invincible.
She walked with the universe
on her shoulders
and made it look like
a pair of wings.
~Unknown
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . Apple and Cranberry Pie for one.  You bake it in a mug.  Todd really enjoyed this.   The pastry is phenomenal.

Have a great Thursday.  Stay safe and stay happy, don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!



8 comments:

  1. Hello Marie,

    I broke my no internet rule. This boat doesn't have much to interest me and I can't even find a place in our room to sit and knit.

    I loved your post. I am hoping and praying that my coat will be warm enough. The countdown has begun. Meanwhile today was spent in Port Vila where it was hot and humid. It was joy to walk into the ship. I have spent a frightening amount of money on Christmas spirits for cooking and taxi fares. It used to cheap and quaint here but the western world has the island in its grip and we even experienced a traffic jam.

    God bless you and sorry for sending my long screed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pearls too..in fact I wear them every day in my ears..you know the packs that come 6 pairs on a card for $4.99?

    THose..I have real antiques drop pearlls that are a thing of beuty..I must take a pic one day..but they wer my great aunts..amybe 150 yrs od..and screw on..thty are so light I fear losing them,you know how quickly that can happen..and when I do wear them I screw them on so tight..they kill.

    I have a few peral nackaes..one has 6 huge strands..costume of course..the only real ones I have ..my mom's.
    I find they are such classics..
    The bow one must look so pertty on you w/ your hair:)
    I think I had a swing coat before I married..I have a swing cape..most uncomfortable thing lol.
    I agree re PC products..I am always raving about Trader Joe's in the states..but if PC put every product they sell in one store..it could easily be a TJ.We have German friends and I always ask about the markets:)
    We are to have a few..but we rarely go into Mtl..the traffic w/ all the construction..we go strictly for drs appointments.
    Off to look at your mug pie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I thought maybe you were on your cruise and then read your lovely message on FB this morning describing your adventure thus far Suzan! I hate it when something disappoints, especially when we have paid a lot for it. I can't wait for January. xoxo

    I was really lucky a few years ago and was given some pearl earrings by a company for advertising Monique! And I have a single strand of pearls that I am afraid to wear in case they get lost and the lovely gold bow one from you. I would be afraid to wear your Great Aunts also for fear of losing them. I wonder if you could have them converted to pierced ones? Just a thought! Many jewelers do it now without spoiling the original integrity of the jewelry. Will look forward to you sharing a photo! I avoid city driving at all costs. I take the bus! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love country music. When I first arrived in Greece the U.S. had bases here and I listened to the armed forces radio all the time. I grew to know a lot of the old songs and really missed it when they closed down and went home

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a happy post for me to read today, just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT always amuses me when I read about all the food you like or liked...I love a Pittza Mary and I buy them from Iceland and have one most weeks they are only £1 great value, we like the thin crust ones that go nice and crispy when heated...managed to go up to Chippenham and get various bits and bobs including the smoked gammon Mitch decided he wanted for Christmas Day dinner..I am quite tired tonight it's been a busy day so just going off to bed so I will say night night sleep tight and God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh food loving ladies you should be here. So many choices on this ship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame Linda! You can find lots of country music on You Tube, which is what I used to do. I just love Country Music! They have always had about 50 pop channels on the TV. Was so happy to finally get a Country one! xoxo

    You're very welcome CHuxx! xoxo

    I love a good frozen Pizza Sybil, especially the thin and crispy ones. Todd is not a fan though because of his teeth. I love smoked gammon also, might get some to go along with the turkey! Love and hugs. xoxo

    Oh Suzan you big tease! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!