Thursday 29 December 2016

Raindrops on roses . . .

  

These are a few of my favourite things.


Quiet nights in.  Just Todd, the dog and myself.  Cosy and warm, perhaps with a good film on the telly, contentment . . . 

  

Fairy lights.   We have them strung over our bed and wound amongst the rails.  We have them hanging over our lounge drapes.  We have them draped on our mantle, tucked away behind the cherubs.  I love fairy lights.


Stormy days from the inside looking out.  Nothing makes you appreciate home sweet home  more than being tucked up safe indoors  . . . out of the wind and the rain and snow, and a loved one to share that feeling with . . . .be they man or beast.




A cosy throw to wrap up in.  Cocooning  . . .



A kettle for boiling  . . .  water . . . so you can make warming drinks like herbals teas, hot chocolates . . . or cup-a-soup.  Chicken noodle please.



Scented candles that smell like home sweet home  . . . with ginger and spice, cinnamon and nutmeg . . .  and wood fire smoke . . .



Warm fluffy slippers to keep my feet cosy . . .



Oversized sweaters  . . . they are like little knitted mumus . . . .



Someone to curl up with.   Todd.  Mitzie.  A warm body will do, so long as they don't snore too loudy.


A good book to get stuck in to  . . . . any suggestions?

 


Can you feel it?  The season of canoodle is upon us.  I love it . . . 💗💗💗  What are some of your favourite canoodling things?


.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*A thought to carry with you through today  . . .


° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * 
   *.˛.° ˛°. .   We can only be said to be truly alive

          in those moments when our hearts 
                    are conscious of their treasures.
                          ~Thornton Wilder  *。*˚*。*˚


Spiritual Enlightenment



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Gingersnap Glazed Ham.


I wish for you a perfectly splendid Thursday . . .  along the way of your day don't forget . . .

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie.

    I loved the snuggly stories. It is just too hot here.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to be looking from the inside out on a cold and stormy day. I'm with you ! Hope your Thursday is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, books

    A Litlle Life..not Little..it's deep

    I Let You Go..

    Lilac Girls...very good..

    My Name Is Lucy Barton

    The Burgess Boys

    Inside The O'Briens

    My Sunshine Away

    Eleanor and Park

    The House We Grew Up In

    We were liars

    The Girl On the Train

    It was me all along

    Orphan Train
    Child 44
    The Goldfinch
    Love Anthony..

    Part 2 next time LOL
    I have Goodreads..and I rate them there..

    I like so many of the same things..

    How tragic..Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect day for us to snuggle. Freezing winds, snow on the hills around. Time for chicken soup, knitting and a very hot fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Suzan! I am so sorry you have to put up with such hot temps. That is why I would and could never live where you do. Heat and me do not mix together very well. xoxo

    Hope you had a great day also Pam. xoxo

    I will have to check out some of those books Monique. I have read some of them also. Carrie and Debbie, very sad. :-( xoxo

    Sounds perfectly cozy Linda! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would choose for mine; most of yours. I love to cuddle up with my hubby and Sammy and watch TV or read a good work. We don't get a lot of time to do this. That being said; we do try to do just that once in a while. Thanks for sharing your list; it helped me know what I want to be doing.
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!