Saturday 3 December 2016

Saturday ponderings . . .




Hello December  . . . the month of the longest night and the shortest day . . .




Drearily wrapped in a sombre cloak of grey . . . after all the colour of October and November  . . .  were it not for the gift of Christmas,  we might think you most unlovely . . .



Amidst the grey and ice crystals lurks the "most wonderful time of the year" . . .



With hanging stars and garnished branch . . . and hearth fires all aglow




Sugar . . .  spice  . . .  and candlelight  . . .



Long held traditions  . . . and love for mankind . . .  family and friend and even foe  . . .



light and love  . . .  love and light . . .

 

hearts burn afresh with the milk of human kindness . . .




hands open to give and to receive . . . oh drear December, unlovely in some ways but ever welcome for she comes to bring  . . .




The greatest Gift of all  . . .



From God to man  . . .  that greatest gift most precious. . . the Birthday of the King . . .from December's hand we take this gift most wonderful, which crowns the end of the year . . .

the Christmas miracle . . .



God  bless us  . . . every . . . one . . .

A thought to carry with you through the day  . . .


⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
All that is of God encompasses love, light, and truth. Yet as human beings we live in a fallen world, sometimes full of darkness and confusion. It comes as no surprise that mistakes will be made, injustices will occur, and sins will be committed. As a result, there is not a soul alive who will not, at one time or another, be the victim to someone else’s careless actions, hurtful conduct, or even sinful behavior. That is one thing we all have in common. ~Elder Kevin R Duncan 
 ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
Spiritual Enlightenment


 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Hazelnut and Chocolate Crumb Cake.  Yum!

Have a fabulous Saturday.  May it be filled with light.  Don't forget  . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. Marie I wrote a post about the light show we are having right now. We are in the midst of a storm. It has been a technicolour lightshow with green skies and interesting sound effects. Happily I can now hear a frog. They are so rare now.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing for comfort like being in the house while as storm rages outside your door Suzan! How lovely. And now I am hearing frogs also. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, I love December, especially when it's been cold and crisp like it has been. I put my tree and decorations up yesterday. I'm so pleased cos I wasn't sure if my tree would fit in the flat, but were there's a will there's a way! I'm all Christmassy now!

    Have a lovely weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were going to put up our tree today Kate, but haven't. Todd is having a nap now. You have a lovely weekend too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did our tree yesterday.I love the mini lights..I hung some on our bead the headboard.I think I wanted to feel like a little girl again..like Alicia does for her princess:)
    It's as grey as grey can be here..not a drop of snow.
    Have a lovely afternoon Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Marie..I can't find my rhinestone bows..I did send off two rose decals yout to see if you would like that idea:)Pinkie I think..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thanks Monique! That is so very kind of you! We have not done our tree today. I have mini lights on our bed headboard all the time. It does make you feel like a Princess! I like them alot! You have a lovely day also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been a busy day down here. We had our last Christmas table top sale at church so was up,there from 9-12 there seemed to be more people but not many wanting to,pay for anything..I think I only took £22 on my table...however lots of things that were left we send over with Pam my friend to Southdown Church as they have a lot of contacts who need Xmas gifts for children, and parents and older folks who might otherwise awake to,nothing....Mary did a table of nice things someone in the village had sent in I think she took,£42 so that was good.....we always say Mary could sell ice to the icemen LOL......when I came home....exhausted.....the post had been and I received my first card and a package !! Very very interesting but I have put it away in the bedroom without even peeping LOL........my brother in law Mitch came over this afternoon, he never stays long but it's lovely he wants to,come....I asked him what his fav.meat for Christmas would be and he decided on a smoked Gammon...so smoked gammon it will be....now we have just had what I call a lazy dinner...I open a can of chicken in white sauce into the micro for 3 mins..out to keep warm, pop in a bag of rice for 2 mins...5 minutes all together and it's on the plate !!!....Mary has just done the washing up again a nice easy quick one, she will go home shortly...and I hope to rest this evening......did I tell you I managed to download the Morman app ? Might listen to that tonight xxxx take care and love each other xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Marie!

    What a beautiful post, it really made me feel like, Christmas! Sometimes, I think as we get older, or should I say, wiser, we understand the feeling of Christmas, enjoy the little things, the magic of miracles. We treasure the sights and sounds, and are ever grateful for the people and blessings in our lives!

    Hugs and love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tabletop sale sounds very nice Sybil! I have not been to one of those in a very long time. We have gotten a few cards so far. I am afraid that most will be getting e-cards from me this year. I haven't the time to do more than that unfortunately. Well, it is the thought that counts. Glad that you are enjoying the Mormon app. I could sit and listen to the music for hours. There are some good shows on that also. brothers Two is ver good as is The District. You might enjoy. Love and hugs to you and Mary. Xoxo PS - your dinner sounds quite nice! I often have those packets of rice in my cupboard, but have never tried the chicken!

    Thanks Barb! Just write what is on my mind. It is hit and miss! Some days you get meat and other days scrap So! Love and hugs. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!