Friday 1 January 2016

Friday Finds . . .


 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


A few of the things I find each week which strike my fancy and I hope that they strike yours also!  My very first for 2016!



 Key Lime Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting, from She's Got Flavor.  We have the lemon cake mixes here now, just not the green jello.  Sigh  . . .  It sure looks good, but I probably shouldn't be eating stuff like this anyways.  But a girl can dream can't she?

 

Homemade Flower Pot Heater.    With the cold Winter season coming up and it's storms, power outage possibilities etc., this is a fab idea!  From  Living Green and Frugally.

 

Quilter at Work sign.  Free pattern from  Sew Happy Me.

 

Fold up take along tote.  From Angela Yosten.   A free pattern.  It's so cute!

 

Cloth Paper Dolls!  So sweet!  Free pattern.   The Pursuit of Sanity.

 

Take Along Games from Dane Made It.  A complete tutorial.  Great for long car trips to keep the kids busy, or for days when you have the grandkids over and want a bit of quiet time together.

 

This little Bumble Bee Cardigan is just the sweetest!  I love it!  From Knitted Bliss.

 

Kitchen Organization Ideas.  I so need this!  Found on My Life and Kids.

 

How to Organize Your Fridge and Keep it that Way.  From the Imperfect Homemaker.

 

Recycled Tin Can Cutlery Holder.   How ingenius!  Home D'Zine ZA.

 

The next holiday up is Valentines Day and here is a craft for that.   Cute Valentine How Do I Love Thee Printable  from EAB Designs.

And that is my finds for this week!  I hope you found something you could use!

 

Look at what I did!  I made my very first handbound book!  Tatiana showed me how.



It's really cute.  We didn't have the proper linen thread that she uses, so we used a skein of embroidery floss.


 photo 10334292_10100733226700559_6521054033165021808_n_zps4z8jxoa9.jpg

Lucy taking a nap.  She's so sweet.


 photo 12463578_1048165791933548_332028960_n_zpsq5xohgdb.jpg

Tatiana with Sister Holmes and Sister Gregson.   There was a baptism at our church yesterday afternoon, so we went along for support for the young girl who was being Baptised.  Always good eats afterwards as well!  Back to healthy eating today though!  Or else!

Oh, and I got my letter from the Diabetic Eye Screening Clinic and everything is a.o.k.  Yay!  I was surprised at how quickly the results arrived!

A thought to carry with you through the day and begin the year on  . . .

~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~•~♥♥♥~•~~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~
When we have learned what we need to learn 
and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, 
then we look ahead and remember that 
faith is always pointed toward the future. 
~Jeffrey R Holland, The Best Is Yet To Be
~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~•~♥♥♥~•~~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . . Artichoke Chicken.   Scrumdiddlyumptious!


 May 2016 be all that you hope for!  On this, the first day of that year, my wish for you is that you will be able to feel and know every day of this year that  . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!



5 comments:

  1. Good morning dear Marie, and on this very first day of the year may I be the first to wish you and Todd a very happy new Year...may it be filled with good health and much happiness.....thank you for these great ideas....I remember up in Scotland we did a thing very similar with a candle in a big clay flower pot, it's amazing the heat that it generates....Wonderful that you managed the book binding...another thing to add to your store for doing even more crafting !..clever you.....it's a very cold frosty morning down here but I expect that will mean a nice sunny start as well..I am having Mitch over for the first meal of the year today so must away and get myself started .....have a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I love the post today. You find such wonderful things to share. I love the photos of your friends. Everyone looks so happy.

    Your book looks wonderful. What a wonderful thing to do.

    Hugs and love and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy new Year..love the book you made..look at the scalloped pages..you had so much fun this holiday season:) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sybil, as a Scot I know this is an important holiday for you! Hogmannay? It began very frosty here as well this morning but now we are back to cold rain. xoxo

    Hugs, love and Happy New Year to you as well Suzan! xoxo

    Thanks Pam, and a Happy New Year right back! xoxo

    We have had lots of fun Monique, but it is coming to an end now as Tatiana goes home on Sunday. :-( We will miss her! Happy New Year to you all as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!