Tuesday 22 December 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, December 22, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's totally dark and very cold.   The days will start drawing out now that we have experienced the shortest day of the year, the Winter Solstice.  It will be a while before we really start to notice a difference however.

I am thinking ...
 photo 12391221_10206785533788944_1289239621484953073_n_zpsacixdide.jpg

Thinking about the England Manchester Mission Christmas Party today and how much I am going to miss going to it.  I had been really looking forward to it.

I am thankful for ...
The miracles of modern medicine which mean that I am not as sick as I could be.  Also thankful that so far Todd has escaped.  At the age of 77 he does not need to get the chicken pox.  I continue to pray that he does not get them.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN4646_zpstv53edqf.jpg

Skinny Sprout and Carrot Gratin.  This is delicious and at only 110 calories a serving, something you don't need to feel guilty about tucking into this Christmas!

On my "To Cook" list ... 
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites 

From View from a Great Island.  Copycat Trader Joe's Gone BananasThese look fabulous!

I am creating ...
Holiday Cheese Wreath ~ this easy and festive Christmas party appetizer is made by arranging cubes of cheese in a ring, accenting with cherry tomatoes and a garland of rosemary, and finishing off with a bell pepper bow! | FIveHeartHome.com:

Holiday Cheese Wreath.   From Five Heart Home.   This looks really cute.  What a novel way to serve cheese!

 Christmas Play Dough

From Growing a Jeweled Rose, Christmas Play Dough.   These sound good enough to eat!

  

From Attagirl Says.   Shadowbox Christmas Ornaments.  I love these.  There is a complete pictorial tutorial.



No source, but loving these snowman painted jar lids.   What a great way to recycle!



Mason Jar Lid Holiday Wreath From Kristen Duke Photography.  So simple.  It's just mason jar lids and washi tape.  People are so clever!

 

Popcorn Snowman gift.   Love this.  It's so cute.  From Fun Free Christmas.

I am reading ...



Lineage of Grace, by Francine Rivers

In this compilation of the five books in the best-selling Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers, we meet the five women whom God chose—Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. Each was faced with extraordinary—even scandalous—challenges. Each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling. Each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World.

I love these types of books and I love Francine Rivers as an author. Scarlet Thread is one of my all time favourite books of hers.

Looking forward to ...
 

The beds are all made and decked out in their Christmas finery.   Tatiana arrives tomorrow!  Only one more sleep. I got all my bedding at Asda, and it was not too expensive either.   Just what you want for bedding that will only be used once a year!

Makes me smile ...
I won a giveaway from Happy Loves Rosie.   A box of photographs from  Cheerz Retro.  I decided to make it a box of grandchildren photos and I was smiling the whole way through picking out which ones I would use.

I am learning ...
That there is no end to the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father. 

Dreaming about ...


Pretty blouses . . .



Pretty Cardigans  . . .

 

Polka Dot shoes  . . .  red ones  . . .



Woolen overcoats in muted plaids and cable knitted shawls . . .



Pin tucks  . . .

A favourite quote for the day  . . .
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~
ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸.❀⁀
⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, 
and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. 
~Norman Vincent Peale

One of my favourite things ...
 photo 10583835_10206785550549363_7702970172614445171_n_zps4aa81its.jpg

Serving with these fabulous young people, from left to right, Elder Hollingsworth (Las Vegas), Elder Loelsi (New Zealand), Elder Singsam (New Zealand), Sister Gregson (Utah), Elder Judd (Utah), Sister Holmes (Canada).

 photo 12365898_10206785551909397_3191575176768524797_o_zpsqwxesq55.jpg

Don't you just love the Christmas Jumpers?

A peek into my day ...


I just love making my husband happy and taking good care of him.  I can't imagine it being any different.


And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



      

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be reading that your shingle pain has eased a bit, but sorry you don't feel like going to the award party. I am sure now that the spots etc have all come out you are not infectious to anyone...but perhaps another day at home will be no bad thing. You and Tod have been doing a lot just lately and now the excitement of your Xmas visitor arriving, I love the bedding....you say only to be used once but you can never tell when you will have another visitor !!.....like the idea of the sprout and carrot gratin, I'm going back to have a look at the recipe...please dear Marie take the chance to have a nice rest today read your book and have Mitzie tucked in beside you...love to you and of course dear Todd xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marie,

    I think you deserve a rest but it is a shame about the party. I love the idea of reading with Mitzie at your feet. My NImbus has taken to sleeping near me and she tries to nudge my kindle out of my hands.

    I have had a long day and my bed is calling. Have a wonderful day and I am sure you are looking forward to lengthening days. Meanwhile I am looking forward to my days not starting before four am. It will be quite some time before the days and nights cool.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Pinned those shadowboxes also..loved them so!
    I bet every day sees you feeling better and better.
    Is that your bedding?Amazingly adorable!
    Have a nice day Marie..the weather sucks here.Yes I said that;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sybil! I meant once a year. I plan on using them every Christmas! I got matching ones for Todd and I as well, so we are all festively decked out! I am resting now! I would love to facetime with you sometime. You will have to send me your contact details! Love to you, Mary and Maisie! xoxo

    Thanks Suzan! I got your lovely snail mail today. What a lovely suprise! I Love getting letters! It was just the ticket to put a nice smile on my face! God bless you too! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! The weather sucks here too, and your saying so made me laugh out loud! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!