Tuesday 22 February 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, February 22nd, 2022

Outside my window ...
It is clear and sunny. A bit chilly at -3, but things will warm up as the day progresses. It is expected to be 8 by tonight.

I am thinking ...
I need to get harder with myself and get back on schedule. I am getting really slack and as a result it is getting more difficult to fit in all that I have to fit into my days. Lately I've been going back to bed after I get up and feed the cats, telling myself that there is nothing I have to get up for, but really I need to be more disciplined.

I am thankful for ...
The Come Follow Me Program via my church.  It is helping me to dig deeper into the scriptures and I am especially grateful for David Butler and Emily Freeman and Don't Miss This. Their insights are amazing.  I am learning so much from them.

In the kitchen ... 




Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes.  These turned out fabulous!  A new favorite! 



On my "to Cook" list ... 




A Family Feast. Ham and Vegetable Soup. Looks fabulous! 


Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ...



Thrifty and Chic   DIY Corner Cabinet for Dining Room.   I love, love this.



Dadas Place. Crochet English Garden Baby Blanket. 




Now this is very pretty.  Japanese symbols crochet squares. Click here. 




No source, but so cute.



Your Crochet. Cute. Cute. Cute. 


I am reading ... 


The Art of Mending, Elizabeth Berg

Laura Bartone anticipates her annual family reunion in Minnesota with a mixture of excitement and wariness. Yet this year’s gathering will prove to be much more trying than either she or her siblings imagined. As soon as she arrives, Laura realizes that something is not right with her sister. Forever wrapped up in events of long ago, Caroline is the family’s restless black sheep. When Caroline confronts Laura and their brother, Steve, with devastating allegations about their mother, the three have a difficult time reconciling their varying experiences in the same house. But a sudden misfortune will lead them all to face the past, their own culpability, and their common need for love and forgiveness.

This is one of Elizabeth Berg's books that I hadn't already read. So far so good! I love her books.


Dreaming about ... 

 

Fresh air  . . .  Spring Breezes  . . . 

 

Greengate dishes and linens  . . .  love them  . . . 


 

Blueberry pancakes . . . 


 

Ladder back chairs  . . . 


 

Spring blossom  . . . 


Something to watch ...


Down to Earth with Zac Effron . . .  on Netflix. Very interesting. Watching it for a second time.


Makes me smile ... 

 

Puppies by the fire  . . . heart melting . . .


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Viewing the birds at the back from my bedroom window. Trés interesting. 


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*If you desire to make a 
difference in the world,
you must be different
from the world.
~Elaine S Dalton•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


 





7 comments:

  1. You probably never went back to bed in all your life..maybe this is a way of resting:) As I think you are a bit like me..gogogogogo:) ENJOY!!Prefect season for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie! It’s hard to get going early on these chilly mornings, give yourself some grace and enjoy some extra cozy. The potatoes and the soup look so yummy. Have a sweet day, 2/22/22…..lucky us! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just saying to a friend how hard it is to keep myself on track since I retired. Every day seems like a day off just to relax and enjoy. But I don't get much done that way. I need to work a little harder on my own schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Routine is important, I tended to let mine go during the winter months and all the covid shutdowns. I'm slowly getting back to them. I'm a visual person, so making a list of things to do and crossing them off reinforces my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kitties behind the curtain - they are so,so dear. And that soup and potatoes look delicious!
    Last night I made the tuna pizza/english muffins for dinner - loved them! Thank you! I had bookmarked the recipe and finally got around to making it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Sleep in...you deserve it! You know I always love your daybook, you find the most beautiful things. That cute puppy makes me want one, very cute. The book you are reading sounds really good, and I love the ladderback chair...especially the color...love it!

    Have a great week, Marie XOXO.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do think you should sleep in. Through the years, you were always getting up so early.
    I am very hungry right now and that food looks so yummy. I wish I could just whip that up for tonight.
    I think I need some happy brain chemicals. That was a great list.
    The granny squares stole my heart, but of course, I will never get to learn how. It's a dream.
    Just think we are not too far away from spring and opening our windows for fresh air.
    The dishes are so lovely. I would love a set for Easter.
    The puppy picture is the best. I'm sure you still miss your Mitzie.
    Blessings and hugs for you sweet friend!
    You always have the best of

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!