Tuesday 15 February 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY, February 15th, 2022

Outside my window ...
The snow is white, white, white, pristine. Nobody has been through to clear it out yet. No human hand has marked it.

I am thinking ...
My son in law is going away overnight the end of this month. Eileen is going to come and spend the night with me. Our first sleepover since I moved back. It should be fun! We are both double vaxxed and boostered and with just the two of us we should be able to safely distance. I am trying very hard not to be nervous about it.

I am thankful for ...
Faith, family, friends, health, home, kitkats  . . .

In the kitchen ...



Baked Chicken Drumsticks.  Crispy skinned.  Perfectly cooked and seasoned. Delicious. 


On my "To Cook" list ... 



Spoon Fork Bacon.  Capellini with Garlic, Lemon and Parmesan. Quite simply exquisite.

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ... 



 

Ravelry. Remember these?  I used to knit them for my kids and myself years and years ago. 



 

Creativities.  Self fastening flower scarf.  


 

Start Knitting. Comfort Dolls. Free Pattern. 





I have always loved these hearts  . . .  

I am reading ... 



OPEN HOUSE by Elizabeth Berg

In this superb novel by the beloved author of Talk Before Sleep, The Pull of the Moon, and Until the Real Thing Comes Along, a woman re-creates her life after divorce by opening up her house and her heart. Samantha’s husband has left her, and after a spree of overcharging at Tiffany’s, she settles down to reconstruct a life for herself and her eleven-year-old son. 

Her eccentric mother tries to help by fixing her up with dates, but a more pressing problem is money. To meet her mortgage payments, Sam decides to take in boarders. 

The first is an older woman who offers sage advice and sorely needed comfort; the second, a maladjusted student, is not quite so helpful. 

A new friend, King, an untraditional man, suggests that Samantha get out, get going, get work. But her real work is this: In order to emerge from grief and the past, she has to learn how to make her own happiness. 

In order to really see people, she has to look within her heart. And in order to know who she is, she has to remember—and reclaim—the person she used to be, long before she became someone else in an effort to save her marriage. Open House is a love story about what can blossom between a man and a woman, and within a woman herself. 

I had read this book many years ago, but am revisiting it and enjoying it every bit as much this time around. It is a very enjoyable read. I am almost finished it now and will be sorry to see it end. I can't remember how it ends.  Its been so long.

Dreaming About ...

 
(source

Line dried laundry  . . . . such a fresh smell.


 


Fresh fruit and berries, salad  . . .  

 


Wooden clothes pegs   . . . 

 


Pussy willows  . . . 

 

Wax stamps  . . .  so elegant  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



I watched Dances with Wolves on my Roku tv free streaming channel yesterday. It was still good. 

Makes me smile ...

 

Such exuberance. How could you not smile! 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


 


Getting dug out again this morning  . . . . it is a beautiful sunny day however!

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*A wise old owl sat on an oak
The more he saw, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

Do you remember having to memorize this in elementary school?

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     





7 comments:

  1. Your snowbanks:) You could not have picked a cuter better place to live.I like that scarf..I went to French school ..so no:)A ball you will have with Eileen..FUN times.Kevin has aged like fine wine..In Yellowstone he's beyond lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made so many of those slippers. Can't wait to get my laundry outside again. Have a good day and enjoy that sleepover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to buy myself a drying rack for putting my clothes outside I think Linda! You have a great day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I do remember that poem; it's a good one. I do love those slippers and remember having some. I liked all the ideas for knitting and crocheting. When will I ever get back to do that kind of handiwork.
    Wow, you do have the snow. I wish we did. We are in a severe drought and I wonder what is a head for us all.
    Your book did sound interesting; you always have great books to share. I wish I had time to read more.
    I loved hanging out laundry and those wooden pegs brought back some memories.
    I'm sure you will be OK for the overnighter with your daughter. I think that is an awesome things to do.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn! I wish you had more time to do the things you love also! Blessings to you and hugs also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh your recipes, Marie...these look SO yummy!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!