Thursday 24 February 2022

My favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.    




My sister's art journal. My sister is so darned talented. She doesn't think that she is, but I think she is pretty amazing when it comes to this. I am in awe of it all.  These are her latest pages.  I hope that she doesn't mind me showing you.  Too late!  I already have.  I am proud of her. 


 
(source


Wooden spoons, especially old ones.  They carry the history and DNA of a cook's kitchen. I know we wash them but I think they still retain a bit of whatever you have beaten with them in their patina . . . 


 


Baking.  I love baking. I have never thought I was particularly good at it. My sister is the baker in the family.  I have always loved doing it however. Baking  . . .  trying new recipes  . . .  tasting . . .  the smells, the textures  . . .  the sounds.  Love it all. 


 

Hot water bottles and hot water bottle covers.  I need to get a new one and make a new cover for it. Sigh  . . . I am the great procrastinator. I have been thinking this since I moved back to Canada . . . 


 

Pillows and pillow covers  . . . 


 

Reading alcoves  . . . little spaces where you can tuck yourself away with a good book . . . sweet.


 

This  . . .  love, this. The gingham, the cardigan . . .  my sister once gave me a gingham skirt. I loved it so much. It was red . . . 


 

Sewing notions  . . . needles, threads, spools, buttons, etc.  I love notions  . . . 


 


Cookie cutters  . . .  I had a huge collection that I had amassed over 40 years . . .  gone now, but not forgotten. I like to think they are bringing great joy to someone else now . . .  other hands, other families, other children . . . 


 
(source

Hot cocoa with marshmallows on top  . . . love, love . . . 



 

This  . . .  if chairs could talk, what would it have to say  . . . what stories could it tell?


 

Charm brooch  . . .  love, love, love . . . 



 


Lace at a window  . . . charming  . . .  


 


Sweet pastries  . . .  filled with nuts and fruit  . . . dusted with icing sugar.  Yum. 


 

Bows of all kinds  . . . 


 


Hair in plaits  . . .  I plait my hair every night before I go to bed  . . . 



 

Ginger cats  . . .  they are my favorites  . . . don't you wish you could sleep like that? 


 


Awww  . . .  soon . . . 


I didn't sleep very well last night.  I did something to my back yesterday and I was in agony.  I got up to go to the loo about 12:30 and as soon as I stepped out of bed I felt in agony from my head to my toes. I somehow got there and back. I didn't think I would fall back asleep but somehow I did and this morning I feel a lot better. I'm not in as much pain anyways.  I have had back problems for years,  and I have counted myself very lucky this past year and some not to be suffering as much as I have done in the past.  I count it an extra special blessing this morning to have somehow had the pain from last night ease.  I will be taking it easy on my back today


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Appreciate
the little things ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

 


In the kitchen today I am sharing an old recipe for Easy Cinnamon Sugar Cruffins.  Simply delicious.  I have also written a post about a spice mix called Prairie Dust Spice Mix.   It is especially nice on steak and other grilled meats. I also share my tips for cooking the perfect steak.


Have a wonderful Thursday.  I have a busy day tomorrow.  Blood tests first thing and then my annual diabetic eye test in early afternoon.  I am not sure if I will have time enough to blog, so don't worry if I don't make it on. I'll be back Saturday morning for sure!   In the meantime don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.. a sure busy day tomorrow..I don't love those days..Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back troubles are nothing to laugh about for sure. Take care and hope you all all better soon. Be good to your back and don't over do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little reading alcove - just love it!
    Hope your back feels much better - try to rest if you can.
    As always, the food pics and your sister's wonderful art are delightful!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    All of your favorite things just tug at my heart...your sister is super talented by the way! I hope your back doesn't cause you any trouble today, get some rest and try to stay off your feet. Good luck with your blood tests tomorrow, I know how stressful those tests can be. Yes, spring is coming! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

  5. Feel better, nothing worse than a sore back which I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better fast. Take care on your busy day and thanks for a lovely post. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely that you and your sister share so many enjoyments together!! She IS a wonderful artist...and so are you!! Goodness, you can find a lot for sale out there that is not as good as what you 2 can do!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!