Saturday 26 February 2022

Saturday this and that . . .

 
(source


I think oft times as the night draws nigh
Of an old house on a hill,
Of a yard all wide and blossom-starred,
Where children played at will.
And when the deep night at last came down,
Hushing the merry din,
Mother would look all around and ask,
"Are all the children in?"

Tis many and many a year since then,
An the old house on the hill,
No longer echoes childish feet,
And the yard is still, so still.
But I see it all as the shadows creep,
And though many the years have been,
Since then, I can hear my mother ask,
"Are all the children in?"

I wonder if, when those shadows fall,
On the last short earthly day,
When we say goodbye to the world outside,
All tired of our childish play.
When we meet the Lover of boys and girls,
Who died to save them from sin,
Will we hear Him ask, as mother did
"Are all the children in?"
~Florence Jones Hadley, Are All The Children In 


 
(source


As a parent, I cannot think of any greater wish, prayer, desire but to know at the end of day that all your children are safely gathered in.  To know where they are and to know that they are safe.  I sat here thinking yesterday and this poem came to my mind, and I thought of all the mothers in the world, the daughters, the sisters, Aunts, nurturers  . . . who, for one reason or another,  do not have the peace of knowing that their loved ones are safely gathered in.

Old men make wars that young men fight, and women are left to mourn and wonder . . . . are all the children in . . . 

My heart breaks for the situation in the Ukraine.  I am so not political.  I cannot understand how some minds work. I probably never will. This need of mankind to want more at any cost, at any price.  I just want Peace.  

I just want all of God's children to feel safe and warm. To have enough to eat in their bellies and shelter to keep them protected.  To be loved and cared for.  To be safely gathered in.

I worry about what comes next, and try not to.  But it is there borrowing into my mind.  I am appalled and heartbroken . . .  and feeling more than a little bit helpless.  All I can do is to pray, and to pray, and to continue to pray. 


Has life not been hard enough over these past two years?  How much more can we take?


 


I had a healthy eye report yesterday at the eye doctor, but I do need new lenses as my left eye is worse than it was. I am not surprised. It is my bad eye and I knew there were changes. But thankfully as a Diabetic, there is no problem there. My eyes are healthy. I am keeping my old frames. They are only a year old.  I could not see the need to get new ones.  When the lenses come in, I will just go and bring my glasses into the clinic and wait while they grind them down and fit the new lenses in. 


I got some drops to put in morning and night to combat dry eye, and some wipes for blepharitis. I did not know I had it. Its not bad, but would explain the dry itchiness I get most days. It is usually relieved with a warm wash cloth. These wipes should take care of the problem. 


I am so grateful for my sister.  I am grateful for her anyways, but yesterday, driving through a snow storm, sitting there waiting outside in a cold car until I was done, and then bringing me home on roads that were becoming increasingly snowy.  When you have those drops put in, you can't see properly afterwards. You need someone to drive you.    


 

I am looking forward to picking up Eileen this afternoon and our girl's night together.  I had bought the new Walton's movie before Christmas and was saving it for us to watch together.  We are going to cook together and then watch the movie, play with the cats lots and just enjoy being together.  The last slumber party I had with her was the night before she got married, almost 10 years ago now.  I made my croissant breakfast casserole for she and I to enjoy for breakfast on her wedding day.  So much has happened and changed since then, but one thing has remained steadfast and that is the love we have for each other. 


And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day . . .  I have lots to get done before she comes.


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *I have loved you
with an everlasting love.
~Jeremiah 31:2•。★★ 。* 。 


 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Browned Butter, Pecan & White Chocolate Cake. Quite simply delicious. No other word.  The smell alone is to die for.


I hope you have a great Saturday. Be safe. Be happy. Be blessed. Don't forget  . . . 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    

9 comments:

  1. Have fun! Can you let us know which eye drops and wipes were recommended? TY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique, I got Systane Complete Lubricant Eye Drops and 1-Lid 'N Lash There is also another version of the Lid 'N Lash with tea tea oil. You are welcome! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your sleepover sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the precious time spent with your daughter ! I too am praying for all those in a state of war. We need to pray more now than ever !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I am looking forward to it. I think our world needs our prayers more than ever now! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the sleepover and the movie. Seems dry eye is a common symptom, I also use Systane Balance and prescription Olopatadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers, family, movies, cooking and kittens…..sounds lovely. Enjoy, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about war...and haven't we had enough the past 2 yrs...well, apparently the "powers that be" think not. War, it is what rich men do to poor men's sons...how many rich men's sons go to war anyway?? Not in my lifetime. Because of Vietnam, my husband had to go off for 6 yrs to the Navy. During the best years of his youth. And for what? THAT war was not even ended properly. It was an awful time for us as we had fallen in love shortly before he had to leave. We got married after he was in 3 years...but that included LOTS of time apart even so. And such is not good for a relationship. Not really. Very very sad...how much we look forward to the world to come, indeed we do!! Imagine peace and love enough to go around and all evil gone.
    Glad your eyes are basically ok. Our last visit we learned we are in stage 2 of diabetic eye disease...sad, as tho' we are diabetics, before now, we were fine. Do your best to get the diabetes improved, Marie. We are working harder now on that ourselves...so as to hold onto at least what we have. Hope you and your daughter have a fine time!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A heartfelt post today dearest Marie!
    I too wish for world peace and I'm praying for the Ukrainian people. There are also many faithful members of the church in Russia. It's all so sad.
    It is sign that the Savior's coming is soon. I am old, but believe it could still be in my life time. I look forward to that great day. So many refugees from different countries coming here, also.
    I glad your eyes are doing well. I have dry eye too and it is really bad at night when I get up. I love that you have your sister to help you.
    I hope you did have some sweet moments with your daughter before you had to cut it short.
    Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!