Thursday 17 February 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     


 
(source


Having dinner out with my dad and his friends.  Its just nice to get out of the house and see some other people.  Hazel and Marilyn are some friends of dads that he has been having dinner with on Wednesday nights for quite a while. He also has breakfast with them on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It nice of them to want me to tag along.  I enjoy it!   Usually we all have fish and chips but last night I had a turkey burger, just to shake things up a bit.  I don't think any of us had fish and chips actually! 

 


Dove soap. I've been using it for years. Sometimes there is a message in the bar.  I love the way it smells and the way it feels. Its just my favorite soap. My soap of choice.



 


A vase of flowers on the table.  It just makes the whole room pretty  . . . 



 


Sock yarn pinafores . . .  for tiny rabbits and mice.  Love, love, love  . . . 



 


Proper Petits Fours   . . .  so pretty. Almost too pretty to eat. 



 


British tudor  . . .  so pretty. Miss the climbing roses  . . . 


 

Front porch rockers  . . .  I need to get one of those . . . 


 

This  . . .  my grandmother sang it to me and so did my mom. I sang it to my own children.  Its just a feel good song. Who doesn't want to be somebody's sunshine?


 


A fresh box of chocolates  . . .  I wonder which one was eaten first?  These look pretty good.


 

 
Fresh fruit and veg.  Eat a rainbow  . . . 


 


Warm socks  . . .  and what looks like another favorite . . . toast and jam. 



 

The little things  . . .  they're the best.  


 


Bleeding hearts  . . .  miss my bleeding hearts. 


 


Fresh Berries . . .  nature's candy  . . . 

 


Buttons and threads . . . sewing room candy  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.

A few of you have been asking about Elaine from Toronto.  She has been feeling rather poorly and is being treated for an infection.  It is not Covid.  She is on the mend.  Its always nice to be missed. Prayers and Happy Thoughts are always appreciated.



 
I think all of us are about as tired of Covid as tired can be.  I think it is getting us all down now.  I am so grateful for this online community of friends that we are, for the support and the love. For knowing that we need ever really feel alone.  I don't think you will ever know how much being able to come here each morning and just write my thoughts, feelings, etc. has meant to me over these past few years.  Its been everything to me. I do so appreciate all of you very much. For giving me someone to vent to, for caring, for just being there. Thank you.  The blessing of community is a really wonderful thing to have.

I know I am a lucky person in that I have a real life family that I am in touch with on a daily basis, and that means the world to me.  But there are many who do not have that blessing.  If there is someone you know that you think would benefit from even a quick e-mail today, why not just send them a quick note and let them know that you are thinking about them. It could really brighten up someone's day.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Every clever bunny knows
that tea refreshes - top to toes -
So put the kettle on and brew
a lovely cup for me and you.
~Unknown•。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Skillet Beans & Wieners.  Simply delicious.  Built for two and on the table in about half an hour.

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!  We have a rain warning in effect now, followed by a big freeze. That's this time of year for you.  Everything is in a flux.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    

8 comments:

  1. We are having the same weather!Blah..Oh well..
    Hope our friend mends soon Marie I know how much you care about her.You will have more bleeding hearts there..and do look on Marketplace for your chair!Bonne journée!Those petiits fours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Monique! I will have to check marketplace! Thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your recipe for today, I've been craving some beens and winners and think I'll have some tonight. Like you, I'm thankful for our community connections. Some days the only contact I have with others is on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It is the same with me some days. The internet and contact there is a real blessing! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh how I wish I could spend time with my sweet dad! You’re indeed, very fortunate to have family close by and to take advantage of that closeness. Have a happy Thursday yourself and thank you for your photos and words…I love your words! xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! I count my blessings every day! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely to be missed. I've missed all of you, too. Love and hugs to you all, the kind people who make the world go round, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are and have been very missed Elaine! I pray every day that each day brings improvement and that you will be soon home with Larry! Love you so much. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!