Thursday 3 February 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     

 


Blues and whites  . . . 

 


Pooh bear  . . . 


 


Coziness  . . .  


 

Stained Glass and Hollyhocks  . . .  


 

Fresh garlic butter naan . . . 


 

Standing stones.  I was to some in Cumbria, Long Meg and Her Daughters.  Fascinating  . . . one of the finest stone circles in the north of England.  Second biggest in the country, second only to Stone Henge.  As I said fascinating  . . . 


 

The Wind in the Willows  . . . love these stories  . . . 


 


British Post Boxes  . . . 

 


Sunny windows  . . . 

 

The Yorkshire Dales  . . . prettiest place  . . .  rolling hills, stone walls, sheep  . . . 


 

Stone crockery  . . . 


 

Flowery dresses  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 


Fresh garlic  . . . 

 
(source

Ivy covered walls  . . . 

 


A well laid out garden  . . .  

And those are some of my favorite things for this first week of February.  

I went out for supper with my father and his friend Hazel last night. I actually didn't have fish and chips this week, but a turkey dinner.  It is hard for me to break away from the things I really like. Fish and chips, turkey dinner.  I am quite predictable.  I do like a good corned beef or pastrami sandwich, but those are not on the menu, at least where we went.

I have a telephone Doctors appointment at 9 am for the results of my blood tests. I hope all is okay. Wish me well!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes
on the grass on a summer day listening
to the murmur of water, or watching
the clouds float across the sky, is hardly
a waste of time. •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
~John Lubbock  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 



In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Best Carrot Snack Cake. Perfectly sized for the smaller family, filled with sticky dates and toasted pecans. This is quite simply delicious!

Have a beautiful Thursday. I am goin to try to get out to get some stuff in just in case we lose our power with this ice storm which is expected.  Freezing rain from tomorrow on through Saturday. That's the tail end of Winter. Often worse than the beginning. Whatever you get up to today, stay warm, stay safe and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A few changes but overall I am doing alright! xoxo

      Delete
  2. WE have freezing rain here overnight and now it is snowing. I got groceries yesterday so I'm all set with what is needed for the next few days. Hope your blood tests are just fine. I'm staying in the house today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezing rain coming overnight and then snow. Like you, I'm all set! Staying put for the next couple of days as well Pam! Just a few changes to make, but overall my tests were good. Stay safe! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Smart girl to be prepared! Be warm and safe, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V! Better safe than sorry! You stay warm and safe also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Bestto be prepared, just in case. The storm overnight wassn't as bad as predicted for us, so a little reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its raining now, started this afternoon, it is supposed to turn to freezing rain and then snow. Hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    Love your finds today, especially the sunny window...it looks so warm and cozy! Hope all goes well the the appointment! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the time of year we want cozy Barb! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!