Tuesday 1 February 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, February 1st, 2022

Outside my window ...



The sun is shining brilliantly, but it is very cold. It is -13* out there.  (That's 8.6* in Fahrenheit) My two sentinels are on neighborhood watch.  Nothing gets past their watchful eyes.

I am thinking ...
I have been watching I Am Georgina  on Netflix. She is the model girlfriend of Cristiano Ronaldo. They are expecting twins later this year, and already have one child together and he has a son and twins from surrogate mothers as well.  I had thought they were married, but have learned that they are not. Maybe I am a dinosaur, but I would think that if you are willing to have that many children with a woman you should be willing to marry her and provide her with the security that any woman deserves.  I just think its a bad sign that he is not willing to commit in that way, but again, maybe I am just a dinosaur.  I wouldn't be having children with a man who doesn't want to get married in any case.

I am thankful for ...
With the bitter cold this morning, my heat pump, my slippers and my warm house!

In the kitchen ... 


 
Donut and Jam Bread Pudding, for three. I made this on a whim yesterday as I had some stale donuts. I was going to throw them out to the birds, but instead thought I would try this. Its delicious!


On my "To Cook" list ... 



Sometyme Place.  Apricot Shortbread Bars. These look good. I had a great recipe, clipped from an old Canadian Living magazine. It was a winner of a contest many years ago. There was these squares,  a molasses cookie, an almond cookie and these bars, perhaps one more.  Sadly it got left behind in the UK.  Does anyone out there have the recipes??? I would love to have them!


Good to know ...  



 
Kirbie Cravings. Homemade flavoring extracts. 

I am wanting to create ...
 

Remembering when I made matchbox dolls  . . . 
 



And Raggedy Dolls  . . . 



Mouse Dolls  . . . 


Teacup pin cushions . . .  



Paper dolls  . . . . 

And a whole lot more.  I need to find more time to be creative methinks. I am missing it.

I am reading ...



The Road from Gap Creek, by Robert Morgan
This is the sequel to a book I read late last year by the same author called Gap Creek.
This sequel to "Gap Creek" tells the story of Julie and Hank's marriage years after they moved away from Gap Creek. They are now the parents of four grown (or nearly grown) children, and the life they live is based in large part on what they can raise and grow on their farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. 

Taking place in the 1920s and '30s, the story of this one family serves a microcosm of the larger events taking place in the country and the world . . . from the booming '20s to deadly epidemics, from the Depression to World War II. While they are dirt poor, they are rich in love, and that is what makes this story just bloom. Writing in the vernacular of the time and place, author Robert Morgan has created a tale that rings true and authentic.  

I am really enjoying this book. 

Dreaming About ...

 

Sewing notions  . . . 

 

Pancake day  . . . 

 
(source

Pretty teacups . . . 

 


Pretty stoves  . . . 

 

spinning tops  . . . 

Something to Watch ...


My Best Friend Anne Frank, on Netflix.  Very good.

Makes me smile ... 

 


That's a cat for you! 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Snow down by the river  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *The primary cause of unhappiness
is never the situation,
but your thoughts about it.
~Eckhart Tolle•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     


6 comments:

  1. I love pancakes and that picture was so good, it made me hungry. When pancake day comes we know there will only be 6 more weeks until Easter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me want Pancakes as well Pam! Good thing its pancake day this month! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Marie, here's a recipe from Canadian Living, hoping it in the one you are looking for. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/baking-and-desserts/recipe/apricot-almond-bars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for that Mam! Its not the one, but it looks fabulous! I may find a new favorite! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Do you remember that you have gifted me the teacup cushion???? It was the first time we met!!❤❤ that from the picture!!have it on my desk still... ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember Tatiana! I wish I had the things you gifted me. My journals. Sigh . . . I am happy you still have the pin cushion! It was one of the favorite things I ever made! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!