Tuesday 8 February 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, February 8th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its quite mild this morning, +2*, its raining, things are melting. The temperature is supposed to go up to +6 today.  They say it will be +10 on Saturday, but then the temperatures are going to drop again to the below zero level.  That is typical for this time of year, the transition weeks, as things get ready for Spring.

I am thinking ...
Yesterday I listened to the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square, Music and the Spoken Word, all day on YouTube. It was the most beautiful soundtrack for my day. If music sets the mood, it was a wonderful mood to be in.  I could listen to them forever.  I imagine that heaven is filled with beautiful and uplifting song such as this. 

I am thankful for ...
My faith, my family, my friends.  I am surrounded with love and carried aloft.

In the kitchen ... 


Rustic Smashed Red Potatoes.  For two. These were fabulous. In fact, so tasty that I might have the remainder for breakfast this morning! (I can think of worse things to have!) 

On my "To Cook" list ...




Apple Cranberry Coleslaw from Lemon Tree Dwelling. This looks fabulous. 

Good to know ... 


 
I am wanting to create ... 


Homemade at My Place.  Granny Bunnies. 

 


Big A, Little a   Basket of bunnies. Cute! 




Robin's Egg Easter Baskets.  SweetnShabby on flickr.  Inspo only.


 


Baskets for any occasion. Sunday Girl Designs on Etsy.  Cute! 




Make it Love it.  Drawstring Bunny Bags.  

I am reading ... 


OPEN HOUSE by Elizabeth Berg

In this superb novel by the beloved author of Talk Before Sleep, The Pull of the Moon, and Until the Real Thing Comes Along, a woman re-creates her life after divorce by opening up her house and her heart. Samantha’s husband has left her, and after a spree of overcharging at Tiffany’s, she settles down to reconstruct a life for herself and her eleven-year-old son. 

Her eccentric mother tries to help by fixing her up with dates, but a more pressing problem is money. To meet her mortgage payments, Sam decides to take in boarders. 

The first is an older woman who offers sage advice and sorely needed comfort; the second, a maladjusted student, is not quite so helpful. 

A new friend, King, an untraditional man, suggests that Samantha get out, get going, get work. But her real work is this: In order to emerge from grief and the past, she has to learn how to make her own happiness. 

In order to really see people, she has to look within her heart. And in order to know who she is, she has to remember—and reclaim—the person she used to be, long before she became someone else in an effort to save her marriage. Open House is a love story about what can blossom between a man and a woman, and within a woman herself. 

I had read this book many years ago, but am revisiting it and enjoying it every bit as much this time around. It is a very enjoyable read.

Dreaming About ... 

 

Poppy whimsey  . . . 

 


Pretty little pig tails  . . . 


 


Peonies  . . .  I love them  . . . 

 
(source


That warm patch of sunlight  . . . 


 


It won't be long  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Sweet Magnolia's on Netflix.  I had started to watch it a long time ago, but you know who didn't like it.  I am reacquainting myself with it now and enjoying it a lot. 

Makes me smile ... 




 

A pair of grandsons enjoying the snow on the Island, building forts, sliding, etc.  Josh and Jake.  Makes me happy to see them happy. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Trestle Bridge, Antigonish   

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *You can spend minutes, hours, days,
weeks or even months
over-analyzing a situation; trying 
to put the pieces together,  justifying
what could have, would have happened.
Or you can just leave the pieces\
on the floor, and move on.
~Tupac Shakur•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     



6 comments:

  1. I read that book years ago too an author I like:)
    Funny that Netflix show never reeled us in..
    Watched the last Ozark.. awful.
    Awful convoluted last series..last show.
    Laura Linney what a pill with friends like that you do not need ennemies lol..that fake face of concern..she must have played her role well..I dont like her anymore;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the earlier series of it, but somehow never got back into it. Ozark. Its funny how a role an actor or actress plays can color our view of them! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The kids do enjoy the snow.. Only good thing about winter I can think of. Our weather is about the same as yours ...warming up and then going back to below freezing. Definitely a period of transition. Take care and don't slip on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we must be in the same weather area Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The photos of those cute grandsons is precious.
    Our weather right now is warmer. We need moisture; we are in a drought. Hopefully, we might have a snowstorm on Valentines.
    Your book sounds like a great one.
    Easter is coming sooner and I do love that time of year. Your items made me excited to decorate.
    I always love the Daybook entries, so I can see what you are up too.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had more than our fair share of moisture this winter LeAnn! But we need it too! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!