Thursday 10 February 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     


 

Deer, I have loved them since Bambi  . . .  I know that many gardeners do not. They can wreak havoc on a garden, but I love them. 




I love the smell and taste of fresh baked bread . . . when I was a child, on the occasions my mother baked bread, we could smell it before we even got into the house. We knew we were in for a real treat.   That part right there, where the two "bubbles" are joined, that is my favorite part. 


 

Working with my hands.  I love to work with my hands.  I haven't done a lot of it since the munchkins moved in.  They like to be involved and I am not fond of that. 


 

Signs of Spring  . . .  they will soon start to show  . . . 


(source


Log cabins  . . . they remind me of Little House on the Prairie. I loved that show.  When our Anthony was really little, he loved it too. As soon as the music came on he would jump up and down and say "Little House of the Fairies!"  It was so cute.  


 

Cranford, Elizabeth Gaskell . . . I loved the series. I am watching it again on Britbox.  All of the characters in the series are wonderful. 


 


Yarns  . . .  they are calling to me from the closet, but . . .  the munchkins. Next year they will be calmer. 


 


Valentines  . . .  love them  . . .  wax seals too  . . . 


 


Plump soft pillows to nestle into  . . . 


 

Ginger cats . . . next to Siamese, they are my favorite kind.  I had a little ginger cat in the UK once, his name was Dandy.  He was a great hunter, much to my chagrin  . . . 


 

Owls, also good hunters.  One of the sweetest most unique experiences of my life was, one time when driving home from the chapel at night in the UK, I glanced out the passenger window and there flying along side the car was a snowy owl. It was beautiful. 


 


Sweet oranges in winter  . . . . 


 


Shutters . . .  that is one thing I really loved in France.  Shutters to close on the windows at night. So cozy . . . 


 

Robins  . . .  they shall come  . . . 


 

Hot chocolate covered in marshmallows  . . .  I shall make one today. I still have a hot chocolate bomb my sister and Dan gave me for Christmas. 


 

Brown Betty Tea Pots  . . .  I love my little one. 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  

I had a call from my church RS president yesterday. They are wanting to start something with the older single sisters in our Branch. One sister had expressed her fear that she would be dead in her place for days before anyone found her. I have that same fear, although the chances of being found are somewhat better for me.  They are going to start a telephone check up, so we will each be giving a sister to call, text or email once a day and see is she is okay. I think that's a very good thing.  There are quite a few of us. 

I ended up not going to meet my father and his friend Hazel last night. By that time of the day I was really feeling quite unwell. Dizzy and queasy.  I think its the new tablets but I will persevere.  Hopefully I will soon get over it.  I had my shower and was in my pajamas by 4:30.  I haven't been getting up until almost 7 am as well because I am not sleeping really well. Dreamy sleep that goes on and on, but not really restful.  This too shall pass.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Lagom (swedish word)
Not too little, not too much.
Just right.
•。★★ 。* 。 



In the kitchen today, Bread and Cheese Omelet.  Its such a simple thing and crazy good. For one. Another one of my favorite things  . . . 

Have a wonderful day today!  May you experience at least a few of your favorite things! Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
 
    


7 comments:

  1. have a good day..Ive never been to the Cotswolds..I imagine their windows are pretty also..But of the charms of Provence.EVERYTHING.I loved everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in the Cotswolds is pretty Monique! I loved the South of France. One of my most favorite of all the holidays I have taken, next to Austria. Funny how each country has their own charms! Windows, roof tops, etc. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I hope a good nights sleep did you well and that you are feeling better. Sometimes that is all that is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still feeling very poorly, but hoping tomorrow will be better! Thanks Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  3. My sweet friend, I do hope you get feeling better. New medications can be an adjustment for sure.
    I often don't sleep well and our journey through the night is similar.
    I do love deer too. Bambi was such a cute movie, I should watch it again.
    I enjoyed looking through your post. Hot Chocolate and Homemade bread would be perfect. I often like to dip buttered toast in my hot chocolate.
    Yes, your photos brought back memories today.
    Blessings and hugs for you dear one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!