Monday 14 February 2022

Small and wonderful things . . .

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
  



Snow for Valentines Day. At least the weekend was free from it.  I was able to drive my valentine cookies over to Eileen and Tim. Her whole face lit up when she saw them.  They gave some to their friend Calvin because his Aunt passed away at the weekend. She was his only living relative. That will hit Calvin hard because he has no other family.  He is developmentally challenged just like they are.  He works at one of the grocery stores in town, and is a much beloved member of the town. He will be okay. Everyone loves Calvin. That is one thing I love about this town. They embrace everyone and value them.

That makes a difference.



These two are best friends. The yin to each others yang. I love this easy relationship that they have. It mirrors the same one I have with my own siblings.  They do most things together.  They are wonderful companions both to each other and to myself. They do sometimes get up to mischief together, but that is to be expected. They are only cats after all.  And cats are curious. I love them to bits. Of all the decisions I made over the last year or so, deciding to bring them into my family was the best one.


 

They are Purr-fect for me! 



 


I know what it is like to love and be loved.  Did you know that there are 7 distinct words to describe Love in the Greek language?  They just don't use the word "love" indiscriminately. 

Eros: romantic passionate love
Philia: intimate, authentic friendship
Ludus: playful, flirtatious love
Storge: unconditional, familial love
Philautia: self love
Pragma:  committed, companionate love 
Agapé: empathetic, universal love

I have experienced all of them.  Its okay to love yourself. I didn't always know that, but you know what, if you are going to love others, you must first love yourself.




They forgot one  . . .  puppy love.  Happy to have experienced that one as well.






Grateful for a mother who taught me about unconditional love, and forgiveness.  I miss my mom.  She deserved so much more than she got out of life. I am grateful for her example. 





If only everyone in the world could learn to love unconditionally, with forgiveness in their hearts for all mankind, and acceptance. There would be no more wars, no hunger.  Children would not go to bed afraid. There would be a place for everyone to lay their head.  Everyone would be fed and clothed and cared for.  Maybe one day  . . . .  

Faith, family, home, friends . . .  I am surrounded by abundance.

I wish for each of you a beautiful Valentines Day. Be loved.  Be safe. Be happy.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛. You are your home.
Take care of yourself.•。★★ 。* 。




 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake. Oh my goodness, but this is some tasty!

Have a beautiful day, hopefully will with an abundance of the things which really matter in life. Don't forget! 

═══════════ghೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒgೋ═══════════ ‎
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day..Oh poor Calvin:(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel for Calvin. He must feel so alone. But he has good friends and good people he works with so he will be okay I think. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentines Day to you!.. Be filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I hope you had a lovely day! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, Marie! Your posts are always a valentine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Day Mary. You are so kind to say so. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Cherry cake….yum. A prayer for Calvin. Have a sweet day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell you if I ever land in a town like yours, a team of wild horses won't drag me away!! Sounds like Paradise!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty nice little town Elizabeth! It does have charm! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much Becky. It is one of the few photos I have of myself with my mother. She was usually the photographer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!