Friday 18 February 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


I love this white rabbit paper doll printable I found on Klippdockr.  It looks quite Victorian.  I have a thing for white rabbits and Victorian things, to find them together is just wonderful!   There's a lot of printable paper dolls on that page including a Victorian Sheep!  




NO tutorial or any instructions, but just a lovely brooch/pin made from velvet scraps.   Sigh . . .   A little something to appreciate the beauty of. 




A chalkboard dresser.  From Shelterness.   I wonder if this would help husbands to organize their dressers better?




Free Vintage Embroidery Patterns from Tip Nut.  I love vintage embroidery, especially for tea towels! 


 



This is printable.  Just click on it and it will become bigger and you can download and save it to your desktop to print later.  I love children's verse like this. 




Some really cute ear warmers you can make your self.  Complete Tutorial on Delia Creates.  There are a whole lot to choose from.  All very pretty.




DIY Stamped Clay Bowls.   SO simple and so nice.  From Gathering Beauty.   A complete tutorial from start to finish. 


 


DIY Flip Books for kids.  Such a fun idea and you can put their photograph in it so they can turn themselves into a bird, or a monster, or whatnot!  From The Art Room.  A brilliant idea.  Making and playing with these could keep the kiddos busy for hours. 




A great idea to use buttons as earring holders.   From The  Travel Writers Life.   Just brilliant.  I would have never thought of that. 




Make your own Twig Arbour.  What a brill idea.   From the people at BHG



 

I love bags.  My motto is you can NEVER have too many of them.  I think this one is gorgeous.  I found it on Flickr.  But the pattern is here on Think Liz, and it's free.   I don't know about you, but I love free! 





I love, LOVE Aprons and here on TIP NUT, I found free ebook downloads  for over 50 vintage type aprons.  You can't go wrong!  I remember when I got married the first time (I hate having to say that), I received quite a few aprons as shower gifts.  Not many people wear aprons anymore. 





From You Put It Up.   Five do it yourself shower curtain ideas that anyone can make.   




This is a most unusual crochet necklace.  Not sure I would do it in this colour, but I think in another colour with different beads it would be really nice.   Found on Flickr .


 
 


From For Women First, a genius use for orphan socks.  I would have never thought of doing this, but having seen it, it only makes sense!   I know I often pull an old sock over my hand to dust.   You can really get into the nooks and crannies that way.   The hands are the perfect tool! 



Not sure I would be brave enough to attempt this on my own, but I am tempted.  How to cut your own bangs   Found on Refinery 21.



 

How to hem your jeans and keep the original hem intact.   This is genius.  Why didn't I think of that?  Found on Do It Yourself Divas



 
A simple way to keep brown sugar soft.  Pop a few marshmallows into the bag.   They absorb any excess moisture.  Sugar stays soft.  From Storage and Glee



Free Kitchen Printables from Yellow Bliss Road.   Very retro.



 


More printables, but I really love these freebies with a positive message.   From Kind over Matter.   These would be great to pop into someone's lunch bag,  or through a letter box, etc. 






Domistic Bliss Squared.   How to fix scratched furniture with a simple mix of vinegar and olive oil.  I Love LOVE household tips like this that you  can do using things you have in the house already. 

 



A really fabulous and attractive way to organize your recipes.  I love this.  I need to do this.   From Confessions of a serial Do It Yourselfer. 




For the budding artists . . .  a lot of information on techniques, pencils, colours, sketching, etc.   From Alisa Burke.  Very informative. 

And those are my finds for this week. I hope that there was something of interest here for you! 

Its very blowy and rainy out there this morning. All of the snow has pretty much melted off the roof tops across the way and my bird feeder is half visible now.  Everything looks so dirty however.  They are expecting heavy rain turning to freezing ice pellets then snow. That's this time of year. Its very transitional.  We are all supposed to be going to supper at Angie's tonight. Not sure if we will make it actually, but there will always be other days that we can do it. 

I went to my sister's yesterday for supper. Oh, but she had made the most beautiful pot of stew.  It was so delicious. I could have made a real pig of myself for sure, but I didn't. She is such a good cook.  Most of all I just enjoy spending time with her.  Even Dan, but  mostly her.  Dan wants me to cut his hair, haha.  He needs to look at some photos of Anthony when he was younger. He will change his mind. I am really, really, REALLY bad at cutting hair. Unless you want it buzzed. That I am good at.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Being negative only makes 
a difficult journey more difficult.
You may have been given a cactus,
but you don't have to sit on it.
~Joyce Meyer•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . . Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes.  I love these!!

I hope you have a wonderful Friday, filled with lots of things you enjoy and the people you love. Stay happy and stay safe!  Don't forget!


‎═══════════ ghೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒgೋ ═══════════ ‎
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  




3 comments:

  1. Yesterday our snow had all melted away. There was on a few patches left here and there, but when I got up today we had a new covering of snow on the ground and it's a bit icy out there too. Our weather will take a while to straighten out. But Spring is on the way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee...a ton of great ideas today, Marie...thanks so much!! I am with you...I wear aprons...ALWAYS...cause I are sloppy when cooking!! Heh, can double as a bib too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a mild day yesterday with lots of rain, and puddles everywhere, then snow overnight that accumulated quickly. Lots of cancellations and delays this morning. I love the embroidery site, have been doing lots this winter. And I will check into that flip book idea, the grandkids from BC are visiting in May so it looks like a fun activity to do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!