Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, March 24th, 2015

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining.   It is a bit cool, but not too bad.  I am really late getting started this morning because my computer has been acting up.   We have windows 8 on this thing and I hate it.  It's slow and it freezes and it's annoying.

I am thinking ...
Still no news on my son's job.   I wish we would hear something soon one way or the other.  Keep praying!

I am thankful for ...
Not living in Canada and having to shovel up all that snow.  How depressing it must be getting for everyone!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN1129_zpseoega8lb.jpg

Mile High Buttermilk Biscuits.   So good.  You need to bake these!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo fried-tacos-recipe_zpsrvgpspoj.jpg

These Fried Tacos from Buns in My Oven look pretty tasty.

I am creating ...
Working on my portfolio for the liscensing company.  I have done six sketches over the past couple of days, just waiting for my new skin colouring markers to arrive so I can begin the business of colouring them in.  I use Copics.  Not cheap, but worth the extra money for the finish you get.  Mary Englebreit uses copics on all of her work.  Quality speaks for itself.

 photo 4d5a07097da122a240a2205889e1f35c_zpsvktnaftu.jpg

Loving the idea of these priviledge cards instead of candy for Easter.  From Over the Big Moon.

 photo b874e7ecff12828b6f9a25bddd092496_zpsz8xjut9h.jpg

I really like this Easter Wreath.  It's nice and colourful and looks very easy to make.  From Country Is.

 photo 8a63390a062469d9de00c4aef914e330_zps1n8tzeog.jpg

Make your own Infinity Scarf.  Love this.   From Come on Ilene.

 photo 215a7f3b2aceea81e7ac07a0205614f1_zpskhtf2zpj.jpg

Fabric covered cereal boxes for picture mats.  Brilliant idea.   From The Life of Amy J Delightful.

I am reading ...

 photo still-alice-500x772_zpsydxmqlcm.jpg

Still Alice, by Lisa Genova

This may be one of the most frightening novels you'll ever read. It's certainly one of the most unforgettable. Genova's debut revolves around Alice Howland - Harvard professor, gifted researcher and lecturer, wife, and mother of three grown children. One day, Alice sets out for a run and soon realizes she has no idea how to find her way home. It's a route she has taken for years, but nothing looks familiar. She is utterly lost. Is her forgetfulness the result of menopausal symptoms? A ministroke? A neurological cancer? After a few doctors' appointments and medical tests, Alice has her diagnosis, and it's a shocker -- she has early-onset Alzheimer's disease.

What follows is the story of Alice's slow but inevitable loss of memory and connection with reality, told from her perspective. She gradually loses the ability to follow a conversational thread, the story line of a book, or to recall information she heard just moments before. To Genova's great credit, readers learn of the progression of Alice's disease through the reactions of others, as Alice does, so they feel what she feels -- a slowly building terror.

In Still Alice, Genova, who has a Ph.D. in neuroscience from Harvard, uniquely reveals the experience of living with Alzheimer's. Hers is an unusual book -- both a moving novel and an important read.

I can't put it down.  It's a very compelling read.

I am hoping ...
That Spring is really here and what we are experiencing isn't a big tease.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 5e01d51d762428bf9d1c2dbfbd3d1418_zps8ta64duu.jpg

Ladybird toenails.  I wish  . . . 

I am learning ...
How to budget.  It's hard with a pound that shrinks more with each day that passes.  Choices are becoming tougher and tougher.

Around the house ...

 photo f6816412b3a6db68e645e3de19b089d1_zpshqetltur.jpg

I really like the colour of these walls.  I would  love to pain our lounge with this same colour.

 photo 70fb3692c1ad8af7172ceec485352353_zps6dzklwbv.jpg

I really, really, really like the colour of these kitchen cabinets.   And the floor of course.  Also loving the silver coloured door handles, etc.

 photo 5308491c27daf715ec1e0541114ea912_zpsrxx4x038.jpg

A stove like this would be a dream come true . . .  except in white.  I wouldn't like it in turquoise.

 photo 10063c50db657def39613a4f0f5f7073_zpsyjb8ugik.jpg

What an adorable bath.  Not liking the brightness of the walls, but that could easily be remedied by choosing a lighter colour . . . maybe light blue.  In any case I adore that mirror and tub.

I am pondering ...
No money for holidays again this year.   We are hoping to be able to afford to go to the Chester Zoo one day at least.  I am pondering if we will be able to manage that or not.  Here's hoping!  I'm also wondering if my package has arrived at it's destination yet or not.  I am on pins and needles!

A favourite quote for the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

 `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“ 


Throw a lucky man into the sea,
and he will come up with a fish in his mouth.
~Unknown

One of my favourite things ...
 photo d5a3498cfc9e53130b5f815ef44713b7_Jet_zpsq8j6ot0y.jpg

Pizza.  I Love the stuff.   I have not had a take away pizza since I moved over here.  My cousin owns a pizza restaurant back home.  Every time I go home I stop by and buy a slice.   It's called the Pizza Factory and is in Middleton, NS.   Best pizza in the valley.

A peek into my day ...
 photo ed6568af1c9a3f624bc42a8350970cad_zpsmpm9xnj6.jpg

I wish.   The soul is willing, but the body is weak.  Some days it is a struggle just to walk, I am in so much pain.   I need to make myself do more.

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small
*´¯`.¸¸.☆
     ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


 Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! Don't forget . . .


 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



6 comments:

  1. I had internet woes this morning too. It' wasn't really my computers fault but that of my internet provider. Had to spend almost an hour on the phone getting it on track once more. Good thing I was up early or I would be feeling really behind about now. All fixed for now so hopefully the rest of the day will run smoother. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Windows 8 would cooperate for you..we actually like it..I know..I am surprised but we do..anyways Windows 10 is coming out..soon..so we will see..
    I have seen the Copics..beautiful tools.
    The artistcashier at Michaels told me they are excellent..she uses them.
    I wish you would paint a few cookies.I would be bowled over ..bowled over..but I know you are busy.
    The stove..wow..
    I pinned you biscuits..they must be fanatstic..Go check though I have no idea what the heck the comments are.
    Not depressed yet.
    Marie..I think you are a supre trooper..living with constant pain is definitely not a picnic in the park.
    KUdos..

    Kudos..
    I love pizza too..I make it once every 2 weeks I would say..ever since I found that latest recipe..we just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Still Alice..I read it a few years ago.. I am sure the movie is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show you have much a part of our lives the internet is now Pam! I could not cope without it. I really miss it when I can't get on line. Happy that you were able to sort out your internet woes! xoxo

    I would love your pizza recipe Monique. I am still looking for an excellent crust recipe. I have liked the ones I have made, but looking for one which is like the ones you get at a pizzaria! I have not seen the film about Alice, I wanted to read the book first. I put comment approval on my food blog because I have had some idiot from the far East leaving HUGE spam links and I hate that!

    One day I may paint some cookies. Watch this space. I don't think it is as easy to get the food colours here. I will have to look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just food colouring Marie..
    Like for icings etc...
    I saw that on your cooking site..gee whiz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is it the liquid food coloring Monique, or paste? xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!