Tuesday 17 March 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, March 17th, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's a lot brighter this morning.   Either the days are getting noticeably shorter or I am doing this a lot later!

I am thinking ...
I was just exhausted yesterday.  Not sure why.  I had no energy whatsoever.  I wonder what was up with that?  I could have quite happily just lay down and slept forever.

I am thankful for ...
New beginnings.  New days.  Hoping today I find my get up and go!

In the kitchen ...

  photo DSCN0991_zpsnmucbfxe.jpg

I baked a Wholemeal Wreath loaf.   From scratch!  And it turned out really well!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo Smores-Blondies_zpswpam5gft.jpg

These S'mores Blondies from Crazy for Crust look amazing!

I am creating ...
I've been working on my portfolio.  There is a big trade fair in May in NYC that they want to be able to take my work to.   Fingers crossed something actually comes from it this time around.  I wish the liscensing company were much better at communication.

 photo b0716aa3db30336fcd9740caef510cad_zpsopflmwqk.jpg

Loving these felt people I found on Flickr.   Like 3D paper dolls.

 photo svea goba 16_zpsk8oyzbvh.jpg

Is this not adorable?   From Casaetrend.   It's a mushroom house votive holder made with a small jar and fimo clay.

 photo 49bebf121df7ea5e0fc4751d709f320b_zpsxogfxph2.jpg

Housewarming Gift in a Jar.   From This Little Life of Mine.

 photo 74e3157f8d444d65178e571a7f1e0cb9_zpsysnrtwxa.jpg

Housewarming Gift Tags from MmmCrafts.

I am reading ...
 photo EIM-pb-jacket_zps2eoa4ycx.jpg

Elizabeth Is Missing, by Emma Healy

In the short prologue, Maud, the narrator-heroine, has just discovered the remains of a compact mirror she recognises from 70 years ago in her friend's garden. This is a tantalising glimpse of the twin mysteries to come. What happened 70 years ago and why has Maud forgotten it? And what has happened to Maud's friend from the garden, Elizabeth, who has, according to Maud at least, gone missing? Maud's attempts to ascertain Elizabeth's whereabouts are hampered by the fact that she cannot remember what happened a few seconds ago, let alone whether she actually saw Elizabeth last week or even last year. Her visits to Elizabeth's house (when she remembers that is where she set out to go) don't help: Elizabeth is not there but somehow she doesn't seem to be not there either.

Maud spends a great deal of her time trapped in her house, which she is dissuaded from leaving for her own safety. Although often she forgets this and goes to the corner shop to buy peach slices – again. (Not that that was what she went in for.) On a daily basis Maud's long-suffering daughter Helen and various carers pop into the house. Maud has very little idea where they came from, when they arrived or how long they have been there. She writes herself notes: "No more peach slices." "Elizabeth is missing." But the notes seem to make things worse not better.

The narrative flits between the present day and Maud's digressions into the postwar period, when her newly married sister, Sukey, went missing. These passages come alive with detail and life: Maud does not struggle to remember anything when she is transported back in time in her own mind. Sukie, older than Maud by a few years, has recently married Frank, who is not the most trustworthy of sorts and deals in black-market goods. When Sukie disappears in the mess and confusion of postwar London, Frank falls briefly under suspicion. But Douglas, Maud's family's lodger, also seems to know more than he's telling. And what about the terrifying madwoman who lives rough on Sukie's street? Did she see something?

So far, I am quite enjoying this book.

I am hoping ...
That Anthony hears about the job soon. It's trying his patience to not know I am sure.  It's trying my patience!  Keep praying!

Makes me smile ...

 photo birthday008.jpg

This photo of Mitzie taken on the day we brought her home, always makes me smile.   She was such a brave little puppy.   Love her so very much

I am learning ...
I've been reading this book written by a woman I saw on Oprah's Soul Sunday, entitled Sacred Covenants by Carolyn Myss.  It's on awakening your Divine Potential.

Around the House  ...
Decluttering.  Why do we hang onto so much stuff??  I really want to get rid.  It just pains me however to get rid of things that are or could be useful.  It's not an easy thing for me to do.

 photo a3f1d160db06dc9aa1ce581c7cf30e75_zpspgq9a9ak.jpg

This makes me happy.   It's so hard to go from cluttered to this though . . .  I am trying.

I am pondering ...
I popped something into the post yesterday and I am on pins and needles wondering how long it will take to arrive at it's destination.

A favourite quote for the day ...

 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“  


And in the end it's not the years 
in your life that count, 
it's the life in your years. 
~Abraham Lincoln 

One of my favourite things ...
 photo 44b2161b68075c1545435690994dfd52_zpsqmsl6kio.jpg

Granny Square Afghans.

A peek into my day  ...

 photo a1efdb44a24a73c35ca2ac97e6442bad_zpsnxubhgqq.jpg
(source)

Researching Paper Mache.  Not sure why, but it fascinates me.   I have it in my mind to do some one day when I have the time.   Will I ever have the time?  I don't know!  I sure hope so!

And that's my day book for this week!  
    ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small
*´¯`.¸¸.☆
     ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 

  Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! Don't forget . . .


 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 



7 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Hope you're feeling more fire in you as the day goes! I'm feeling a bit slow too... mostly due to "monthly", though... ;o) You had mentioned in a comment at my place that you had a cough--hope you're doing OK. Wish I could send a BIG jar of my lemon-honey! Not sure how that would do so long in the past, though... LOL! That Wholemeal Wreath Loaf is BEAUTIFUL! Do I need bread flour for this necessarily? I don't have bread flour, that's hard to get here. I have just "regular" wholemeal flour. I wish I was better at break making. I do simple things like Irish soda bread--where it really can't be messed up too much... LOL! VERY exciting about the craft fair in May in NYC and your work being represented--hope it goes FAB!!The book you're reading sounds very good---must add to list. Hope your Anthony gets a good news call this week! :o) The paper mache looks fun--great idea. So many idea, so little time, 'eh?! I know the feeling well!! Wishing you a lovely week there, my dear friend. Just LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! OXOXOX ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I love the votive holder. WE have a beautiful bowl like that. It is of Nuremberg.

    I am safely in Sydney. The flight was good but by the time we landed I had lost all hearing. Fortunaltey it is righting itself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year about this time I finally feel like I've come out of my winter hibernation mode but it hasn't hit me quite yet. I took a nap yesterday afternoon and also went to bed early. It was much warmer here and I did get out for some fresh air, maybe that is what did it. Hope you have some success at that trade show. Every day is filled with new possibilities !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are perkier today!
    I started and finished a new project yesterday..my craft room is a MESS..I will do another today while the upheavel reigns..and then stop until after Easter.
    It's snowing here..
    There's a St Anthony prayer for emplyment..not certain what your thoughts are on that..but he's Anthony too..:)
    Fingers crossed..
    I think I know where the package is flying to..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, so nice to see a comment from you. I think it is the cough which is dragging me down. It is a bit better today. I am just tired all the time. I wish I weren't I don't think I sleep really well at night. I seem to sleep for about an hour and then start having disturbing dreams, wake myself up. REad for a bit and then go back to sleep and it's very disturbed for the rest of teh night until I get up at about 5:30 am. Sigh. Love ou so much also. xoxoxo

    I am glad you got to Sydney safe and sound Suzan. Hope your cruise is all you want it to be ! xoxo

    Thanks Pam. I think it is nice to have the longer days coming along and bright sunshine. Here's to Spring and Summer! xoxo

    A bit perkier Monique, but not totally myself yet! Love the St Anthony prayers for Anthony. They have to be extra special, yes?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!