Friday 27 March 2015

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg



 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy. I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

One year, when my children were growing up, I didn't have any money to buy any presents for anyone other than my children for Christmas and so I painted rocks for my parents and in-laws.   They turned out really nice, cost a bomb to send.  (I sent them via the bus as it was a lot cheaper than the post.)  I was looking at painted rocks this morning and look what I found!

 photo 94a9baba367424571740bca39c234fd3_zpsdtsreqlw.jpg

You could have a whole village of them in the garden.   What a sweet idea.  Cute little crofter's cottages.  Love the multi coloured stone paths also!

 photo d8bc3ec8e742b7e21b5de2edd594862f_zps4zcs0jvc.jpg

Or maybe camping is your thing?   Found on Etsy.

The thing with painting on rocks is . . . the size and shape of the rock almost dictate what the end result will be and they often come out completely different than you planned, but so lovely irregardless!!

 photo 429a43c2c29d07b4eca6c1540d30957a_zpsighzbhja.jpg

Small or large, they are all gorgeously fascinating!  Again from Etsy.

And rocks for the most part are free canvasses.

 photo 3ff94ac5cdde1ea6b4f4b887535ad095_zps94iddi9h.jpg

 Love, LOVE these pretty jars, made from old jars, lids painted and pretty knobs attached.   From Lolly Jane!

 photo 0b8c085fbe81eff359932a041bc48422_zpshzh3vepz.jpg

What a positively BRILLIANT idea!  An old school desk converted into a light box!  From Flickr.  Beats holding a piece of paper up against a window and trying to trace from that!

 photo 4f84b9862af22dc3320de05aacf8069f_zps3ixjsyvr.jpg

Did you do May Baskets when you were a child?  I did.  Just look what I found!  Printable May Baskets.  Vintage!  From The Alexanders.

 photo 0ec7932930a2117cd2af916a17e2df75_zpsvnka64kq.jpg

ADORABLE gift bags.   So sweet and easy to do.  Paper bags, fabric, paper doilies, butchers twine.   From A Little Sweetness . . .  and so much more!   Check it out!

 photo a1947cf3c758971e6b60306b3d17ab75_zpsgmxoltzc.jpg

What a cute Cake Topper Idea!  I love it.  It's a clothespin doll!
Karas Party Ideas.

 photo cdcb87bd8dc537594506d64e97d88b9d_zps49rbdhbb.jpg

Ohhh . . .  so sweet.  No source, but was found here.   I just love this.   It's so cute!

 photo 68eed3c633fac83f7c40e99309ce5c8b_zpspjhfcb2t.jpg

These are just beautiful.  DIY Vintage Style Pillow Cases.   A complete tutorial.   From Town-n-Country Living.

 photo Ballerina_zpsqks89nvi.jpg

Pretty Little Paper Napkin Ballerinas.   Adoreable!  From iCreative Ideas.

 photo cf9fd0483b19175b90df74a5af5de9ba_zps113fmgpx.jpg

Little Fabric House Tutorial.  It is in Russian but you can translate it.  Found HERE.   It's so cute!

 photo ac49b996728cd2df884cc893a752b989_zps28ckahna.jpg

Washi Tape Flowers.  So CUTE!!  I love them.   From  Just Something I Made.   This is a great blog!

And that is it for this week!  I hope you found something to strike your fancy!

 photo a8610cc9ce77ed2866be58f8d03bec2f_zpsww5urr1u.jpg

Great news everyone!  All of our prayers have been answered and my eldest son (who has been un-employed for about a year now)  has had a concrete job offer, to work in his field, in the city he lives in!  Praise God!  So happy about that.  Thank you all so very much for your prayers.   They have been very much appreciated.

Now we just have to keep praying that the other son will get a job too!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Do not spoil what you have by
desiring what you have not;
Remember that what you have now
was once among the things
you only hoped for.
~Epicurus, Greek Philospher
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

 photo DSCN1144_zpshdstvcg5.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pot Roasted Pork Loin with Leeks.  Seriously tasty and so simple.

Have a wonderful Friday my dear friends! Don't forget . . .
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, what wonderful news about your son. I wish him all the best for this new venture in his life. It will make such a difference to him and his family. Have a lovely weekend. I'm off to meet my daughter in Manchester today, we're having a spa day! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Katie! I hope you have a great day and a fab weekend! It looks like it is going to be dry! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear your son got a job. I pray the other one will soon have one too. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cheery happy post..
    That light box idea is genius..and all the other cuties..YAY for your son!!!
    Now that sarts off a weekend in a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pam, your prayers are very much appreciated! xoxo

    I thought you would like the light box Monique! The job does get the weekend off to a great start! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh dear friend; I have missed reading your posts. I am back blogging and reading blog posts today and yours was one of my first ones.
    I did accomplish some good things but it is good to be back with my blogging friends.
    I loved your finds today. Of course, I always do. I especially liked the painted rocks. I think it would be a great idea to do with my grandchildren some time.
    Your quote picture was awesome.
    I am always so happy your son found a job. I have had two of my son's lose jobs and it is so hard on them. I will keep your other son in my prayers for finding a job. Of course, My husband lost some jobs through the years that were tough.
    Sending Love and hugs your way!
    I like the gift sacks and

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see a comment from you LeAnn! I have missed you! I, too, know how hard it is to lose a job, but thankfully Todd was on a pension so we still at least had some income. Your prayers are always much appreciated. Love and hugs to you also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!