Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, March 3, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's dark and cold.  I can just see the sun beginning to rise above the rooftops in front of me.

I am thinking ...

 photo DavidOct2014_zps931392d9.jpg

It's my baby brother's birthday today.  He's fifty five.   I am thinking about how much I love him and how much I hope that he has a lovely day. Happy Birthday David!

I am thankful for ...
 Baby Brothers!!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN0422_zps0cbaj5v0.jpg

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Loaf.  Scrumptious!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo 9d79c8042fd00a8bd160ca00af8b31d2_zpsctb6agk8.jpg

This German Rhubarb Cake with a Meringue Topping has been on my Pinterest for a long time now.  I think I will make it soon.   From My Kitchen in the Rockies.

I am creating ...
 photo 10403175_10153056034592489_2115795432318640221_n_zpskw9fazkg.jpg

These are my sister's needlefelted "Rocks."  She is planning on embroidering on them.  I think she is doing very well with her needle felting!

 photo feathergifttags1_zpsdusicei6.jpg

I love these feather "Gift Tags."  They're really unique.  From Down and Out Chic.

 photo mondopompompillow106_thumb_zpspyagfwyc.jpg

I am really loving this Pom Pom Trimmed Pillow.  From Living With Punks.

 photo 704799dd4dd3102a54c3755b34846ace_zpscuvb3nsu.jpg

I love these little book pin cushions.   From Patchwork Pottery.   Instant pattern download.

 photo c60649d88a59803e6175134510d76f56_zpse7olxwkr.jpg

Blinking Origami Eyeballs.  For the boys!  From Kids Activities Blog.   Kids will love these!  So much fun and a tiny bit grusome.

I am reading ...
Isabelle Goodrow has been living in self-imposed exile with her daughter Amy for 15 years. Shamed by her past and her affair with Amy's father she has submerged herself in the routine of her dead-end job and her unrequited love for her boss. But when Amy, frustrated by her quiet and unemotional mother, embarks on an illicit affair with her maths teacher, the disgrace intensifies the shame Isabelle feels about her own past. Throughout one long, sweltering summer as the events of the small town ebb and flow around them Amy and Isabelle exist in silent conflict until a final act leads ultimately to the understanding they both crave.
This is a book by the same author of Olive Kitteridge.  I enjoyed that so I thought I would read another one of hers.  Actually this is the first novel she had published.  So far it is quite good.


I am hoping ...
Now that our daffodils are blooming.  I hope we don't get a snowstorm or some such.  That would be horrible.

Makes me smile ...

 photo 2c4213f3eba879ae49fb4e0cac4bd5ac_zps0wvqksbt.jpg

Puppy Bellies always make me smile.   They're so cute.

I am learning ...
Read John 17.  I think you will learn something too.   Very touching and thought provoking.

Around the house ...
 photo cups_zpsf2vjmhzm.jpg

Loving this storage idea for cups.  I don't have that many cups and can't imagine having that many cups, but I do like this idea.

 photo b1642520186791760ed1b6f50b050fa7_zpscw13a0qw.jpg

I just adore these brightly coloured pillows.  Such a lovely pick up to any room.

 photo bowls_zpsgpkqkzua.jpg

I have these bowls.  I only have two of them and I adore them.  They are Green Gate.  They match my table cloth, which is also Green Gate.

 photo 86af52be7e20c98dc548a7f2b9462e2f_zpsxb12ss6e.jpg

This bedding makes me sigh  . . .

 photo 543304349a0141aafa481756a2f67369_zpsl9dtcejj.jpg

So do these curtains  . . .  sigh . . .

I am pondering ...
 photo DSCN0794_zpsyep6snin.jpg

His mouth is full of shrimp.   But I love this picture of him.  How did I get so lucky?  I don't know, but I am one very lucky woman to share this man's life.

A favourite quote for the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“  


Each of us can make a difference.
~Henry B Eyring

One of my favourite things ...
 photo a197f9287fba5635303c5ac1530cbb18_zps4ikbfjio.jpg

Lily of the Valley.  I loved them.  So delicate.  So Pretty.

A peek into my day ...

 photo aedf42cc8b19127ebdbbeb23909c12f4_zpszn0jj5vt.jpg

Are you smiling?  So am I.

 And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!




12 comments:

  1. Hi Marie! Great stuff in this post! Mostly, I love Todd eating shrimp...hee! He's so happy that it's not Italian food. ;-) Hey, I made your Cheesy Tuna Bake again tonight. Yummy! I had dill this time. Big hugs! xoxo PS. Please shoot me an email telling me which Salt Lake Temple shots your want the most. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val! He was really happy because the whole meal was courtesy some free vouchers I was sent for TGI Fridays! Nothing like free stuff to put a smile on his face! I'll e-mail you shortly. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Marie,

    I love the chinaware and the linens you are sharing today. I have just cheered our meal times by swapping our every day china to a mixture of these three patterns by Maxwell Williamshttp://www.maxwellandwilliams.com.au/mw/range-cashmrenchan.asp

    The three patterns I have are Veronique, Jacqueline and Antoinette. I bought all four patterns for a teaset a while ago. I have an obscene amount of accessories which include teapot, sugar bowl, serving platters and a three their cake stand.

    Let us all celebrate our girliness.

    God bless your day nd may he send more meal vouchers your way. Todd looked so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dishes Suzan! You lucky girl. I would love to have more Green Gate, but only have the few pieces and I use them mainly for photos. Everyone is under threat as far as using them goes. I will not have them chipped!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the dinner sets at $80 each and some of the platters for $20 instead of $70. I am stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Marie! So nice to see your brother! You two could be twins!! ;o) So happy to see Todd. Oh, we miss you all... :o) Some years now since we were there to meet...*sigh*... Oh, happy days! PEANUT BUTTER CHOC CHIP LOAF... Have we entered heaven now?! I can't wait to try that recipe, Marie! Your sister's felt rocks are a FAB idea--so pretty! Those book pincushions are just too charming--love! I LOVE the Green Gate homewares--so pretty! I wouldn't mind having only those in my kitchen. But the old Ikea set we have will have to do a while longer. I have two Green Gate latte cups. I use 'em for tea though, or hot water with lemon. ;o) Have a good week there, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe I don't have a pin cushion..Must rectify that..
    Love the little girl on the lazy boy chair:) Jacques has one downstairs and it is the boys fave chair or lying on the couch w/ blankiets when they watch movies here..Your brother just looks so nice too..
    Breaded shrimp..yum Todd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to have daffodils blooming! I can hardly wait ! Ours are still buried under piles of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a bargain Suzan! Lucky you! Xxoo

    Tracy, Thanksg! I know it was such a lovely day we spent together. You and TJ will have to come over sometime and stay with us in Chester! That would be lovely. I have a couple latte cups from Green Gate also. I love to drink my ginger and lemon tea from them. Love and hugs to you, TJ and Monsieur Charles! Xxoo

    Monique, my dad has always had a lazy boy chair. We were never allowed to touch it, for fear we would either break it or hurt ourselves in the mechanism! I would love one but would probably spend the whole time in it sleeping! My brother is a very nice man? But then again I am a bit biased!

    Pam, I wish for you lots and lots of daffodils when the snow finally melts! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ltae today Marie but had a busy start to the day this morning...As always a very interesting read. I hope your brother has had a lovely day, you are both so alike, I think I remarked on that before. Your photographs are really lovely Marie you are such a very talented lady...I like Lily of the valley as well It was our Margarets favourite she had quite a lot of perfume etc etc in the house, She always got Mitch to pick us both the first blooms from the garden they dont last very long indoors but lovely smell when they are here...Wonder if he woill remember this year..Hope you have had a good day although the wind was cold we had a lot of sunshine..and forecasters say warmer later in the week...fingers crossed...
    thanks for e,mail what an exciting end to this week I am going to have LOL xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blogs are such a treat to read! They are all beautifully designed. Your recipes are so tempting with all those fabulous photos and the accompanying commentary; your drawings are charming, and your reflections always so interesting to read. I love ALL the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sybil, I don't know why, but I never get a notice now when you have commented! I did not deliberately ignore your comment on this post! I just didn't see it until Trudy commented! I am hoping that you got the package today, and that you are happy with it. If not, then it will be Monday I suppose! We are having a warm summery early spring day here today (SAturday) it's really nice! xoxo

    Trudy, you are so kind to say so! You've made my day. I thank you so very much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!