Tuesday 8 September 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FOR TODAY, September 08, 2020

Outside my window ...

The sun is coming up.  The shortening of the days has become really noticeable now. I am getting up and going to bed in the dark.  It seems to have happened overnight.  What's up with that?  

I am thinking ...

Blogger seems to have automatically gone to the new blogger.  I am a person who hates change. I hope I am able to cope with this one. We shall see how it goes!

I am thankful for ...

The love and support of family and friends and my faith. Sometimes life is just so hard. I don't know where I would be without it.

In the kitchen ... 


In the English Kitchen today, Walnut and Chocolate Pie. Oh baby  . . . .  

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 
 Mexican Street Corn Fritters from Closet Cooking. 

Good to know ...  


I am creating ... 

 
Interweave.  Making fabric yarn. 


Fabric Art DIY.  Woven fabric basket. 
 
 

Joys Jots Shots and Whatnots.  A tutorial to make a mug organiser. 


 
Southern Mom Loves.  Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad Tutorial.



 
Sparkles of Sunshine.  Easy Sew Wrist Support. 


I am reading ... 





My God Hath Been My Support, by David T Morgan


Nephi, that great hero of the Book of Mormon, is often viewed as a pinnacle of devotion: steadfastly faithful, profoundly spiritual, and unwaveringly obedient. But the beautiful passage of scripture often referred to as Nephi’s Psalm reveals that, like all of us, Nephi faced his own inner struggles in this mortal existence. His heartfelt introspection demonstrates that amid the trials of life, discouragement can burden us all—but it can also be overcome.

In My God Hath Been My Support: Seven Keys to Understanding and Enduring Personal Trials, author David T. Morgan looks to the words of Nephi’s Psalm to offer an inspiring message of hope and a loving call to action. Featuring tools and ideas on how to overcome adversity, increase feelings of self-worth, and endure the ups and downs of mortality, this scripture-based roadmap to a more fulfilling life is a joyous invitation to learn from Nephi how to transform sorrow into joy.


The author has a lot of wisdom in dealing with personal challenges. His insights come from both his professional and gospel experiences in life. I appreciate the usage of the "Psalm of Nephi" from the Book of Mormon. Nephi is probably my favorite prophet and his example in overcoming challenges and remaining Christlike is unsurpassed. Morgan hones in on this and gives several reasons why Nephi's example should be followed. I appreciated the personal stories and the C.S. Lewis references as well as the self-examination questions at the end of each chapter.  

 Dreaming About ... 


Beautiful quilts . . .

 
Beautiful book covers  . . .

 
Beautiful collars  . . .

 
Beautiful embroideries   . . .

 
Beautiful bee things . . .  
 
Something to watch ... 


Away on Netflix. Very good. 
 
Makes me smile ... 

 
Grace enjoying her Raggedy Baby I took over to her yesterday. She is such a sweet little girl. 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 

The Seven Sisters cliffs and coastguard cottages from Seaford Head; showing Cuckmere Haven (looking East). Cuckmere Haven is an area of flood plains in Sussex, England where the river Cuckmere meets the English Channel- between Eastbourne and Seaford. 

The area is a popular tourist destination with walkers, and for the water activities on the river. The area welcomes an estimated 350,000 visitors per year. The beach at Cuckmere Haven is next to the famous chalk cliffs, the Seven Sisters. 

The beach was used for the opening scene in Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood: ‘Prince of Thieves’ and featured in the film 'Atonement’ (2007). 

 A thought to carry with you ...  


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Thoughts become things, 
If you can see it in your mind; 
You will hold it in your hand.”
~Bob Proctor  •。★★ 。* 。

   

 And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 

  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
  



 

PS - I did it!  Whew! 

6 comments:

  1. I am getting around the new Blogger so you will too;) Wonder how long we will be redirected when we visit our blogs? Love the same things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you just never know Monique. I am not a person who loves change although eventually I will come to terms with it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The small things in life do turn out to be the best !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list to help peope stop procrastinating. It's been the bain of my existence for years. I do work well under pressure, though. But it would be a good habit to break, I think. Grace is such a sweetie. It was nice you could spend some time with her. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I felt so bad for her at first because she was so sad when her momma left, but eventually it was alright. Love and hugs always, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!