Thursday 17 September 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   

(source

Parasols . . . the prettier the better  . . .  
 

Clover blossom. When I was a child I used to suck the sweetness from each petal, or at least that is what I imagined I was doing. Just like a bee . . . 
 
(source)  

Warm woolies . . .  tis the season . . . 

(source

Hot porridge with fresh fruit  . . . 

(source
 
Log cabins  . . .  I always fancied living in one  . . . 

(source

Root Vegetables  . . .  
 

This  . . .  I used to cross stitch all the time. Have not done any in years now  . . . 

(source

Stained glass windows  . . . 



The three little kittens, they lost their mittens  . . . 

(source
 
I want one . . . a toadstool bag  . . . 

(source)  

Snail mail, beautifully done  . . . 

(source
 
Knock Knock, who's there? 
 
(source

Highland cattle . . .  wooley and with character . . . 

(source
 
 
Bread and honey, honey and bread  . . . 

 
This, so whimsical  . . . 


Fresh farm eggs . . . 

(source
 
Pretty tea kettles  . . .   
 

(source
 
Tea party cakes  . . . 


 
Mittens worth darning  . . . 

 
Hair gear  . . . 

(source) 
 
Raccoons . . .  so long as they aren't getting into my bins  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . .

☾ ° ° * 。 
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You mustn’t wish for another life. 
You mustn’t want to be somebody else. 
What you must do is this:
“Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks.
★★ 。* 。 
 
I realised this morning that this whole year has made me feel a bit like child in the backseat of the car asking  . . .  Are we there yet?  So over it . . . 

 

In The English Kitchen today, Corn and Chicken Scallop . . .  delicious. 


Wishing for you a lovely Thursday filled with a few of your favourite things. Don't forget!
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   

































2 comments:

  1. That hair gear:)
    Perfect for lockdowns..OY will we ever see being with people we love hugging again?I do love it though..sparkly.
    I think those are Mackenzie Childs teapots many IGers have them..
    and I follow a girl who makes those exact egg cartons!
    Love the snail mail.I always thing the seal would pop off..en route..
    I was a realtor for so long I gleaned ideas.. In the upstairs bathroom here I had a stained glass window put in the wall..I have never regretted it.Some things just always called my name:)
    I had the window :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to wonder Monique! I think eventually we will be, but who knows how long that will be. I would love to see your stained glass window! Maybe I have already, but would love a reminder! I am sure it is beautiful! I have my birds! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!