Sunday 13 September 2020

Sunday this and that . . .


In Spring I thought my garden was
a Paradise sublime . . .
In June I said the time of roses
was the sweetest time . . .


Now as I go strolling past
the border by the wall  . . .
I declare my autumn garden is
the best garden of all . . .




Shaggy headed dahlias
in every tint and tone . . .
flaunt their gay and gaudy blooms
against the  old grey stone.


Glorious chrysanthemums
in copper, pink and white  . . .
weave about the berried shrubs
a pattern, rich and bright.



Daisies, mauve for Michaelmass . . .
the sunflowers' wild display,
the fountains of the golden rod  . . .
no wonder that I say

My september garden,
with its colours, bold and clear . . .
is the loveliest of all,
the climax of the year.


The days are really drawing in now.  I am getting up in dark and going to bed in dark and it seems to have happened overnight.  This morning it is incredibly windy and overcast, and yet yesterday it said we were going to have highs of 25 (which is pretty warm). According to my weather thing on my iPad however it says that by 9 am we will be in full sunlight and it is 17 degrees right now.  Doesn't feel like 17! 

I dreamt last night that I bought an Inn in Vermont and my mom and dad were going to help me run it. That was always a dream of mine, to have my own B&B.  I just never won the lottery! (That would have been the only way I could have done it.)  This Inn in my dream was filled with lovely antiquities and there was a whole wall of vintage Pyrex Casseroles in a variety of colours. 


I remember thinking in my dream, Oh Cindy is really going to love this!  I was busy in the dream thinking about which rooms all my kids were going to have for their bedrooms and where I was going to put the dining room and kitchen.  Dreams are funny things . . . 

I think one of those Murder Hornets (Asian Hornets) was trying to get into my back door yesterday.  I saw it. It was huge Huge HUGE!  Thankfully it flew away.  I know they have been spotted down South. Those things are dangerous.  They kill bees and we have been asked to report if we have seen one so their nests can be destroyed.  I never saw where it went however or had the chance to take a good look.

Three of my children were in contact with me yestereday. I talk to Eileen every day on Messenger.  Anthony contacted me to give me back to school photos and just to say I love you.  We have a date to talk at 9 this morning and Doug facetimed me as well with Jake. He had gotten a new toy, an airfryer and he wanted to show it to me and to say he loved me also.  He wants to talk again today as well.  I have three really good kids there who love their mom.  Jake was reading to me from this book he had about some super hero dog.  Doug was cooking Pogo's in his air fryer.  I am so grateful for children who work hard to make me a part of their lives.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day . . . 

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Letter writing
is the only device
for combining good company
with solitude.• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。
~Lord Byron˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。 
  





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Canadian Butter Tarts.  Yes, I went there  . . .  naughty, naughty.

Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday, no matter what you get up to.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

   

And I do too!!  














8 comments:

  1. Those cookie/tarts look delicious. Here in the States we call them Tassies. I've never made them but they look so good I just might have to go over to your other blog and get the recipe! :)

    I have odd dreams too. Sometimes I have no idea how I dreamed something because of the strangeness of it.

    It sounds like you have very loving children. My son is 22 years old and is still living with us. He takes good care of his mom. He is always thinking of me and does sweet things for me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a good child to help keep an eye and take care when they are gettiing older Mary! It sounds as if we are both blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love that 3 got i touch with you and continue to do so!! Yay..let us know how the airfryer goes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He cooked a whole chicken in it on Sunday. I can try to send you the photo! It looked fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  3. May those 3 children who are so good to you, be especially blessed for how they care for you!! (And their spouses who allow them to keep in close contact too!!) Our daughter here is supposed to come see us a bit this afternoon...but the smokes from the fires on the West Coast is unbelievable...it looks like thick fog...you cannot see much beyond the bldg today!! SCARY!! We are going to be laying low till it passes...rain expected late today!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the smoke is unreal. Praying you stay safe! It is very scary! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It's raining here today and everything is dark and gloomy. Good day for a Sunday nap for sure. Hope you enjoy your day. It will be a quiet one here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy days are perfect days to relax and just chill Pam! Everyone needs a quiet day now and then! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!