Tuesday 22 September 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

  
FOR TODAY, September 22, 2020

Outside my window...
It is still dark. The sun is just beginning to rise. It was dark at 7:30 last night. I cannot believe the days are drawing in so quickly and I can't believe we are already nearing the end of September. 

I am thinking ... 
I really hate things changing. This switch to the new blogger has been really hard for me. I still edit all of my photo in Picassa and that is an old, old program that is no longer available.  Why do I use it. Because I know how to use it and am comfortable with it.  I haven't found a new program that quite comes up to it.  I hate change.  I like old slippers and old books. And yes, old friends.

I am thankful for ...
Old slippers, old books and old friends. 
 
In the kitchen ... 
 
Today I am sharing my Victoria Sponge Cake. I was unable to upload any photos onto any of my blogs yesterday for some odd reason, so today you get an old recipe, but one of my favourite recipes! 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 

 
From Cookies and Cups.  Garbage Bread.  This looks fantastic! 
 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
Buzzfeed.  32 websites women need to bookmark.

I am creating ... 
 
 
Angela Carter on Instagram.  Embroidered spools.  Beautiful.  


Alexandra Mackenzie on Etsy. Hot Water Bottle Cover.  Love this pattern. Completely customizable. 

 
Makezine. How to Prairie Point a dish towel. Love this. 
 
 
 
You Tube. How to accessorise a headband.

 
Crochet Beha.  Granny blanket tutorial. Love this idea. 
 
I am reading ... 
 
 
Meeting Christ in the Book of Mormon, by Ryan H Sharp

This inspiring book from popular CES speaker Ryan Sharp demonstrates how your favorite scriptural heroes were able to connect with the Divine and can help you in your own spiritual journey. 

Be inspired by:

Nephi’s steadfastness 
Alma the Elder’s and Alma the Younger’s conversion 
The conviction of King Lamoni, his father
 The Anti-Nephi-Lehis Captain Moroni’s obedience 
Mahonri Moriancumer’s faith 
 
Along with many others. This book shows how mortal men came to know the Savior. Learn to meet Him as they did by following in their footsteps and discovering Christ in new and profound ways. 

This was recommended to me by a friend.  I am really enjoying the spiritual insights in this book. 
 
Dreaming About ... 
 
 
Thatched roofs . . . 


 
Green doors  . . . 

 
A doll house with many floors . . .  

 
Warm socks  . . . 
 
 
 
Pottery mugs  . . . 

Something to watch ... 
 
 
Catching up again with Anne with an E. 
 
Makes me smile ... 
 

Corners of my Kingdom ...  

 
Wherwell, Hampshire.  Wherwell is a beautiful village on the River Test in Hampshire, England. Picturesque thatched cottages line the roads.  Photo credit to Liam Pearson on IG. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The most beautiful turn of events
is when obstacles that were meant
to tear you down, 
end up strengthening you
in ways you could never have imagined.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚  
 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
   
  
















17 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! HAPPY ATUTUMN, my friend! Good to catch up with you here! Once again, I'm slow to making the rounds... LOL! Hard to believe we're welcoming autumn, and in the last quarter of the year. In this troubled, difficult year, I take even more delight and comfort in the seasons, and the gifts each one offers. And what a delight is your Victoria Sponge Cake! I've not made that in ages. LOVE those pretty embroidered felt spools! Sooo many pretties today! Those headbands are lovely. I don't think I've worn a headband since the 90's... Did I just date myself? LOL! ;) Wishing you all a blessed autumn time... and sending you much LOVE & HUGS!! OXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Autumn Tracy! I have always worn head bands! Like you, I can’t believe we are into the last quarter of the year., This has been one for the record books! Love and hugs. Xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Snapseed.
    Photo Editing.
    Love it.


    And that entry:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have downloaded it but never used it yet!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Truly you do live in a beautiful country!! And enjoying all the crafty ideas too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Oh that I had enough hours in the day! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wonderful daybook filled with so many crafty things. Nice of you to take time to share them all with us. Happy first day of fall !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Autumn Pam! It’s my favourite time of year! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely daybook. Welcome to fall. I don't like change much either, Marie and so much has changed this year. I'm definitely going to try that garbage bread. Looks so easy. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look rather tempting Elaine! I just need to get myself some ground steak. They don’t have Velveeta cheese here so will have to improvise! Xoxo

      Delete
    2. I meant to ask how is your sciatica doing? I’ve been praying you feel much better. Love and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete
    3. Hi Maria, thank you for your prayers. My sciatica is better. I still get twinges but nothing like it was. The Tylenol1 helps. Ever since I had my hip replaced due to arthritis, my legs ache and I find it hard to get comfortable at night. But I manage. Thanks for your concern. Love and hugs, Elaine

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie, Always enjoy your blog. For what ever reason I am having problems with your cooking blog. I can open the English Kitchen, but cannot scroll through it :( This does not happen on any other page / blog I open. I don't know if the problem is my end, but I do miss reading (and occassionally trying) your recipes. Angela, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I don’t have any problem scrolling down the English Kitchen on any of my devices. I am not sure what the problem is? Xoxo

      Delete
  7. I too think fall is sneaking up too fast. I'm not liking the new blogger either. The program I am using for photos is ending in December and that is upsetting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I don't know what happened there. Anyway, you had a number of fun items to look at and want to make. I did like the Granny Blanket a lot. The book looks like a really good one.
    I would love to see a Thatched roof sometime.
    I do have always treasured doll houses. This was is adorable.
    As always, I love the corner's of the kingdom photos. I hope someday, to see the beautiful country you live in.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! Blessings, love and hugs to you and Roger also! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!