Thursday 3 September 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   



The art of Suffolk illustrater Lucy Grossmith. Her paintings are whimsical and have so much detail in them. I think they capture the essence of England beautifully.  



I love these bunny cupcake stands.  I think they are so cute.  This is three of them stacked on top of one another. 


  

I have been fascinated with windmills ever since I was a child. I dreamt of going to Holland and seeing them in person dotted along the Zuiderzee. When we lived down in Kent there was one in Cranbrook which I got to see.   


 


Cranbrook was a lovely little village I adored visiting.  It was filled with quaint little shops and tea rooms.  It was very picturesque.  Cranbrook, Kent, is another one of my favourite things. 




I love these painted Bee Skeps in Zalipie, Poland. I think they are quite beautiful.  What lucky bees.  




All things tiny . . .  I love miniature worlds  . . . 


  

Postage Stamps. I have always been fascinated with postage stamps, especially foreign ones. When I was a girl I remember saving up my money to buy a package of 1000 stamps from an ad at the back of a comic book. I recently bought a pack of 100 Christmas postage stamps. I thought I could use them in journaling and crafting. 



I love this still from Over the Garden Wall.  They are off on an adventure. I like to take adventures, but these days I am pretty much an armchair adventurer. 


 
 

The artistic Language of Flowers, George Routledge and Sons . . .  


(source)  


Old books, especially anything to do with nature and flowers, botanicals  . . .  



This  . . . .  the bed, the walls, the ceiling, that door  . . . 


  

Mr Tiggywinkle . . .  she is one of my favourite Beatrix Potter characters  . . . 



The Illustrations of Charles Robinson  . . . 


  

Proverbs is one of my favourite books in the Bible . . . 



Colourful mending  . . .  do many people mend these days?  I learnt how when I was a child.  



  

This, although there are times I could do with a little less madness  . . . 


(source)  


Sugar crusted donuts  . . .  can't eat them, but just to even smell them  . . . . yeasty and sweet . . . 


(source)  

All things unsual  . . .  they fascinate me . . . 



Black Sheep  . . .  I once saw a whole herd of black sheep. In a field outside of Chirk Castle  . . . we were on a walk with Peter and Audrey Lee . . .  I miss Audrey  . . . 


(source)  


These  . . .  cameos . . .  beautiful  . . . .



Jacqueline Kennedy  Onassis . . .  I was always fascinated with her  . . .  I won a book about her life when I was in Grade six. It was an award for winning the National Temperance Essay Contest.  I also got a check for $25, which was a lot of money back then. 


  

Old paintings fascinate me. I find myself wondering about the people in them. What's going on here.  Is she afraid?  Is she in admiration . . .  in awe . . . enraptured?  Is she seeing an angel?   

(source)  

Good vanilla ice cream.  I know I am boring, but it is my favourite flavour. 


(source)  

The smell of fresh coffee  . . .  I may not drink it but I can appreciate the smell   . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Keep some room 
in your heart
for the unimaginable.
~Mary Oliver  •。★★ 。* 。 



In the English Kitchen today  . . .  A Sheet Pan Porchetta Dinner.  Deliciously simple.  We loved this. 

Have a great Thursday. It is raining and dismal here again today. It feels very cold also.  I may have to put on the heat.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget . . . 

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    
 


 


 






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day to turn the oven on. It's not raining, but it could do so here today. Cloudy and overcast. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and having some thing different to eat. I miss them stews and soups. It's been too hot to eat them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its turned very cold here Pam! I miss soups and stews in the summer months also, but then in the winter I miss salads! I wish we could just eat everything comfortably all year round! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, such lovely favourites this week. I like Mrs. Tiggywinkle, too. She came in three different poses - ironing, having tea and buying provisions. Your pork tenderloin looks scrumptious. Did the weather improve for you? Hope so. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I love all things Beatrix Potter Elaine! Its gotten really cold here! No sun yet so far today, but its not raining either! I have my fingers crossed! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved scrolling through your favorite things. You had some unique ones that I haven't seen or thought about. The various artwork was interesting. I like the art of Suffolk is very detailed and I enjoyed looking at it.
    The Bunny cupcake stands are really cute. We have windmills here but not as cute as those in Holland. I think the bees would be thrilled to be in those cute boxes. Miniature worlds are adorable.
    I think stamp collecting would be fun. I do home some old stamps that I got from my Aunt that are fun. I don't think they are worth much.
    I do love old book and I have something fun to share about an old Book of Mormon soon.
    I would love that bedroom; it is so quaint. I love the décor and door.
    Mr. Tiggywinkle is adorable.
    The quotes are awesome. I could do with less madness too.
    Now I would love a donut; I do love them.
    I don't think I have ever seen a black sheep.
    I do have a couple of Cameos that I love.
    I too loved reading about Jacqueline Kennedy. I now enjoy reading about your Queen and all the Royalty. Princess Diana was a favorite.
    Ice Cream, Chocolate is a favorite. However, Vanilla if I get chocolate topping.
    Thanks for sharing your favorites today. Big hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to what you have to share about the Book of Mormon LeAnn! I wish I could like chocolate ice cream, but in reality the only chocolate I truly dislike is icecream and milk! Love, hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!