Friday 11 September 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

  


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!    


 

Flikr. No instructions, simply inspiration.  Toadstool pin cushion made using a clothespin so that you can clip it anywhere. 

  

Fabric Art DIY   Jean house slippers.  Nice! 

 

 

 Ever wondered what they are for, or what you need when it comes to sewing machine feet?  Wonder no more. 

  

No source, simply inspiration.  So pretty. 

 

 

Again no source.  Just inspiration. What pretty envelope liners. 


 

The Postman's Knock.  Artistic Envelope Ideas. I love TPN.


 


Dream a Little Bigger.  How to fold a note into its own envelope. 

 

Repeat Crafter Me.  Cat Paw Chair Socks. 


  

Felt Christmas Mouse Tutorial from Molly and Mama. So cute!   A free pattern. 

 

 

How to dry acorns and make your own floral arrangements with them.  From Life At Clover Hill.  


 

Clay Flowerpot heaters.  DIY.  From Synchronicity Twins

  


10 Home Remedies for Arthritis in the Hands.  From e Pain Assist.  


 


The Eleven Best Homemade Frosting Recipes.  From The 11 Best.  


 

Wooden Block Pumpkins.  Cute idea.   Kate Arthur

 


I just love LOVE this shawl.  From Cherry Heart.   It's not a free pattern, but its not expensive either.  She has LOTS OF PATTERNS.  Some of them are free. 

 

Small Batch Apple Butter, from Dessert for Two.    7 hours in the slow cooker and it makes two pints.  Just perfect for us. 

 

Craft Punch Corner Bookmarks.  Confessions of a Craftaholic


 

These chair seat covers are also really nice.  I do like them.  Free Pattern.  Poppy Creates.  They are essentially one large granny square, so very easy to do and a great way to use up yarn scraps. 

  


A pretty way to keep jewelry tidy.  From Sunlit Spaces


 


How to make a pretty Autumnal Succulent Planter using a cheap styrafoam pumpkin.  From Maison de Pax


 


Free Printable Vintage Christmas Tags.  From Wild at Heart.   


 

 Crochet Hook Holder.  From Little Treasures.  This is so cute. 


 


7 Stunning Pumpkin Painting Ideas.  From the people at BHG.  


 

A novel way to wrap gifts, using black and white postcards.  I like this.  From Nicety.   I quite like brown craft paper for wrapping gifts.  There are tons of ideas out there for dressing them up. 

 

Doll Face Necklaces made using wooden beads.  So cute!  From Psselbolaget, the crafty Swedes.
I LOVE it! 

 

Name Stone gifts from Thrifty Home.   Love these.   What a lovely gift these would make. 

 

And those are my finds for this week.  I really hope there was something of interest here for you! 


 

 

Look what I won!  Pinch me please because I must be dreaming. I won one of the items on the latest Susan Branch Giveaway.  A pretty bluebird mug.  I am going to have it sent to my  sister because if anyone could use a little bit of joy this year, she could!  I am so excited about it!  I hardly ever win anything like this.  Colour me over the moon! 

A thought to carry with you  . . .

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*There is no such thing
 as a failed experiment,
Only experiments with
unexpected outcomes.
~Richard Buckminster Fuller

 


In The English Kitchen today, Salad Bar Subs.  Delicious!

Have a great Friday!!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!!

 

12 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I read Susan's new post and saw that you had won. Congratulations, Marie. Cindi is going to love the mug. I know it will cheer her up. My friend Paula emailed me and said someone called Marie in Chester won. Does your friend Marie live in Chester? Oh, yes, I said. She does. And she won! You must be thrilled! Nice that Susan's people will mail the cup to Nova Scotia. And our "Home for Christmas" books will be here soon. We are such lucky girls! Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled beyond measure. I know this will mean so much to my sister Elaine! And Susan wrote me ever such a lovely note. I printed it out and it is in my journal along with my other special things. We are such lucky girls Elaine, and not the least because we "found" each other! Love and hugs, xoxo
      PS - I hope your sciatica is feeling better!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning the mug!! CUTE!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I can't wait until my sister gets it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So glad you won the cup! I know how excited you must be. A couple of months ago I won a Gladys Taber book from another blogger's giveaway and was ecstatic for days. I am a huge Gladys Taber fan and reread her books every year. It is so nice when you win something you really, really cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always nice to win something Mary. How wonderful you won a Gladys Taber book! They are quite scarce. That was very lucky! I love her books also. Yes, i is nice to win something you will cherish! xoxo

      Delete
  4. OHMYGOSH thrilled for you:)THRILLED THRILLED THRILLED..and kind of you..I am always tempted but exchange and shipping makes them as pricey as can be..
    Yay.
    Love TPK too and those envelope liners!

    Yay again.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I have only ever bought the one and thankfully at the time they were selling them from a shop over here so I did not have to pay customs, etc. Sadly that shop does not sell them any longer! I was thrilled to be able to give this to my sister. I am hoping that it will be at least one bright spot in 2020 for her! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the new post yet..will this aft:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, her posts are so lovely they need to be read and digested and savoured. I usually read them more than once! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the mug! What a cheerful gift to send to your sister !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!