Tuesday 1 September 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, September 1st, 2020

Outside my window... 
The sun is just rising and it s a cool 9 degrees. Not sure what that is in farenheit, but its pretty chilly. We had to put the heat on in here for a short time last night, it was so cold.  I also put the winter bedding on our bed yesterday.

I am thinking ... 
Have you ever noticed that if you look at one thing shopwise on the www you end up seeing it everywhere afterwards? I know why this is, but I am not fond of the practice.  For instance say in the  morning, I search for monkeys.  The rest of the day my browser/pages/etc will be filled with ads for monkeys.  And, sometimes I don't even have to have looked for monkeys, it is like they are reading my mind. Maybe its only something I've thought about. How on earth are they doing THAT?

I am thankful for ...
All that I have been blessed with. A dry roof over my head, food in my belly, clothes on my back. I have nothing that I truly lack. 
In the kitchen ...  



Easy Jam Hearts.  Something to bake for all the kiddos going back to school. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 



Gonna Want Seconds.  Cowboy Stew. Look at those perfect cubes of potato!  


Good to Know ... 



I am creating ... 

  

Vechernie Posidelki on Etsy.  PDF Pattern. 


  

No Source, but I really love these pillow covers. 


  

Danita Art. The Bunny Bug. Inspo only. 



Elsa Moore.  Beautiful felt brooches.  




Jennifer Jangles.  Happy Scrappy Scarf. 

 I am reading ...  


 



My God Hath Been My Support, by David T Morgan

Nephi, that great hero of the Book of Mormon, is often viewed as a pinnacle of devotion: steadfastly faithful, profoundly spiritual, and unwaveringly obedient. But the beautiful passage of scripture often referred to as Nephi’s Psalm reveals that, like all of us, Nephi faced his own inner struggles in this mortal existence. His heartfelt introspection demonstrates that amid the trials of life, discouragement can burden us all—but it can also be overcome.

In My God Hath Been My Support: Seven Keys to Understanding and Enduring Personal Trials, author David T. Morgan looks to the words of Nephi’s Psalm to offer an inspiring message of hope and a loving call to action. Featuring tools and ideas on how to overcome adversity, increase feelings of self-worth, and endure the ups and downs of mortality, this scripture-based roadmap to a more fulfilling life is a joyous invitation to learn from Nephi how to transform sorrow into joy.


The author has a lot of wisdom in dealing with personal challenges. His insights come from both his professional and gospel experiences in life. I appreciate the usage of the "Psalm of Nephi" from the Book of Mormon. Nephi is probably my favorite prophet and his example in overcoming challenges and remaining Christlike is unsurpassed. Morgan hones in on this and gives several reasons why Nephi's example should be followed. I appreciated the personal stories and the C.S. Lewis references as well as the self-examination questions at the end of each chapter. 


Dreaming about ... 

Pretty collars  . . . 
 

  

Pretty cups . . . 



Fields of sunflowers  . . . 

  

Old pewter kettles that look like teapots  . . . 



A cottage to call my own  . . . 

Something to Watch ...   

What we do in the Shadows.  Hilarious.  We are watching on BBC iPlayer. 

Makes me Smile ...  

  

Making goofy faces.  They both look happy. That makes me happy. 

Corners of my kingdom ...  

   


Porth Ceiriad, Gwynedd, Wales
Source the Queens English
on Facebook
 


A thought to carry with you ...  


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I think, that if I touched the earth, 
It would crumble; 
It is so sad and beautiful, 
So tremulously like a dream.”
~Dylan Thomas•。★★ 。* 。 

  


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
 

  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
  



6 comments:

  1. The air and light have changed here also..Funny faces:)Hope Mitzie is way better..Love that cottage to bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is feeling a lot better today Monique. She is 10 now and in human years that is 70 so she is bound to have more bad days than in the past, poor thing. I love that cottage to bits also. I could see you painting it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. And yes.. I look for say a new paint..it pops up everywhere:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its annoying and you know today I have had two phone calls both offering me upgrades on services I don't even have. Scammers! So irritating!

      Delete
  3. We finally got a break in our hot weather and it was cooler today; it felt so good to be outside a bit more. I'm not ready for the cold at all.
    The Heart Jam cookies and Cowboy stew looked good.
    Yes, it's always good to know how to apologize.
    I love the pillowcases. I don't hardly ever see cute ones like these.
    The Happy Scrappy Scarfs are cute, along with the tea cups; which I always love.
    I do love older homes and cottages and it would be fun to have one. I love the architecture of them all.
    You have some cute happy faces there.
    I always enjoy your Daybook entries.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when we get to the other side we can have our dream cottages LeAnn! Wouldn't that be fun. Love and hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!