Thursday 10 September 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  

  


Chinese lanterns, or whatever it is that this plant is called. I have always wanted to grow my own, but for some reason never have  . . . 


Toasting marshmallows  . . . its just fun being with friends sitting aroung a bon fire and toasting marshmallows.  The smells. The feels. The tastes  . . . 

 
Teapot lights  . . .  love, love, LOVE! 
 
 


Old wooden clothespins  . . .  they make me think of my mom  . . .  


 
The early morning light on a bright sunny day  . . . 

 
Whiskers  . . . so long as they aren't mine  . . . 



 
 
Votives . . .  they make a home appear so cosy . . .   
 

 
European Robins  . . .  they're such cheeky little things and so cute. They will stay right with you when you are gardening, hoping you dig up a worm or two or three. 
 

 
 Piano music. I will go in the ground wishing I had been able to learn how to play . . . 



Scented Candles . . .  I love them so much.  Especially the warmer scents  . . .  



 
You may say I'm a dreamer  . . .  but I'm not the only one. 

Love this John Lennon song  . . . 
 
 

 
  
 
A hundred thousand wishes  . . .  could one of them be mine? 
 


 
 Cherubs  . . . 


 
Cinnamon . . .  anything  . . .  


 
Red Squirrels  . . . they are so cute with their little ear tufts  . . . 


  


Geese and ducks . . .  love the way they waddle . . .  love feeding them I could sit on the river bank in Chester for hours just watching them . . . 


 
This  . . .  



 
Surprises  . . .  albeit maybe not like this  . . . 


 
String music  . . .


 
Ummm . . .  need I say more? 

How did I get so old. It seems to have happened over night  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . .


☾ ° ° * 。 
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Kindness comes in many forms
but always from the heart. •。★★ 。* 。 
 




 
 In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lemon & Green Olive Pasta.  Seriously tasty.  Seriously simple.  Built for two.

Wishing for you a lovely Thursday filled with a few of your favourite things.  I have to go for my flu shot this afternoon. Its not something I want to skip this year.  Every little helps! 

Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  


5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking the same thing..how did I get so old when part of me is 10.
    Oy.
    Old...
    Richard Gere remarried..a young chickie..lol..he's 71..she's 37.. doable for us? Nope.
    Alec Baldwin just had his fifth child w/ Hilaria..62..something we could not do..
    Yep..I feel old.
    It's all this happening too..
    Love your fave things Marie.
    I love that teacup I have seen here and there..A Dash Of Magic.
    WE need that;)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not fair Monique. Men get better looking with age for the most part (A few exceptions of course!). Yes, all could use a dash of magic now. Oy. Life had gotten really hard. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Heh, well, Marie, you are not alone...we are all on this getting old journey too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least when we get to the other side we will be young again Elizabeth! Something to look forward to! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Indeed, Marie!! I am looking forward to a good body!! and my REAL hair color again (gray is not real is it?)
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!