Sunday 20 September 2020

What I want





In January, before this Pandemic started, I had read a post by Sean dieterich about what he wanted in life. It got me to thinking about what I wanted in life so. I had saved it as a draft. Needless to say the things I wanted in life then, are vastly different than the things I want in life now. Ifs funny how a little thing like a Pandemic can change your view on life and on what's truly important. 

 If you are the kind of person who hates this sort of thing, you best turn the page now. 

 

(source
 
Top of my list. I want a viable vaccine for this virus that is easily accessable to all so that everyone, from the richest of us down to the poorest of us can be free from it.  So that friends and families can hug again with abandon and even kiss each other.  So that people with loved ones in care homes can be with their loved ones again without worry or concern that doing so will put them at risk.  So that children can go to school again without masks and play on the playgrounds with freedom. So that we can go into the grocery store again, and the chemist, etc. and see the smile on the face of the cashier that waits on us and give her/him a smile back. So that families and friends can get together again and celebrate with abandon the milestones in each person's lives, the engagements, the weddings, the showers, the birthdays, the funerals, etc. 

So that people can go to church again without fear or restrictions, and worship in the communion of all the Saints and fellow believers no matter the church.  So the Temples can open again and we can go there and feel of the special spirit that is always in attendance.  So that we can worship and serve in the House of the Lord freely. 

Just  . . .  virus be gone. 


I want every child, every man, every woman in this world to feel loved and validated and welcome.  No  more bullying or hate. Just love and acceptance.  Be you black or white, purple or green.  Gay or straight.  Fat or thin. Male or female, etc.  Just  to feel and to know that they are accepted and cared about and safe from harm, no matter how, no matter what. This world would be transformed.  

To have all of your accomplishments noted and appreciated with equality.  Whether you are a Bin Man or a Nobel Laureate.  To have Doctors and Nurses, Teachers, etc.  paid as much as Footballers and Hockey Players and singers and actors. We all have roles to play and they are all valuable. 
 
(source
 
A roof over everyone's head and a chicken in ever pot.   I don't want anyone to ever have to live in a highway pilon or a cardboard box ever again.  To have to push all of their worldly belongings around in a grocery cart or to have to beg for a crust of bread. 

An end to addictions of all kinds.  Drug, sex, attention, etc.  No more addiction. No more, no more, no more. No more mothers and fathers having to bury their sons and daughters needlessly and before their time. No more men, women and children having to sell their dignity and their bodies just to exist. No more crime and cartells making money off of the backs and souls of their fellow beings . . .  

I want everyone to matter. To feel purpose.  To feel seen. To feel wanted, loved and accepted. To feel safe. To feel beautiful.  

I want everyone to have clean water, to drink, to wash in, to enjoy.

That's what I want. No more sickness, no more wars, no more hunger, no more global warming, or climate change or negativity. No more fear. No more hate. No more cruelty, not to people, not to animals.  End of.  

I think I just described Heaven. 

Oops I forgot one thing. No more calories. Lets just be able to eat whatever, whenever, with abandon and without fear of gaining weight.

A thought to carry with you  . . .  
 
☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Star light, star bright, 
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have the wish, I wish tonight. 
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。• ˚ ˚ ˛ 




In the English Kitchen today.  Apple Crisp with a Sweet Biscuit Topping. Yum yum yum. 

 

Have a beautiful Sunday.  We were invited to go to church today, but we have no car, so we will watch it via zoom as we have been in recent weeks. Its not ideal, but its what we have and I am grateful for at least that.   My next door neighbour's virus test came back negative, so that was good! She just has a bad cold.  I'm watching Love is Blind for the second time and the leaves are changing colour  . . . 

Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

   

And I do too!!  





 


6 comments:

  1. No calories lol:) Love your I want list..it's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like minds Monique. I have always said that! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I want that, too, Marie. From your lips to God's ear. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect and wonderful list. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!