Monday 14 September 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard   

 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.    

 

 
Seasons that change and the changes that they bring.  Each has their own unique beauties and joys.  I have to say that autumn is one of my favourites of all four seasons, but then again . . . I love each for the differences they bring to the table.   The textures, the colours  . . .  the smells.  The light changes.   The smell in the air changes.  The feel in the air changes.  I could never be truly happy living in a place where everything always stays the same.  

 

Signs of love from above. Hearts found in nature.  Co-incidence?  I think not. More like God-incidence. He loves me too. He loves me too. I know He loves me too. If God so loves the little things, I know He loves me too.   


 
A childhood filled with these.  They would arrive every year about this time and they were filled with dreams and wishes.  I believe it was even called The Wish Book in Canada. From front cover to back cover it was devoured and digested many times over. By the time Christmas rolled around it was decidedy worn out. 
 

Who I am, I owe largely in part to my mother, and to the fine example which she set for us throughout all of the years of our lives.   She was not perfect, of course  . . .  none of us are, but she always went above and beyond for me time and time again throughout my lifetime, in a multitude of special and meaningful ways. I am not sure if she will ever knew just how very much she did for us. I hope that she did and I hope that we were able to let her know always how much she meant and means to each of us. A thousand lifetimes would never be enough for me to be able to show and repay her for all her love and care in this one. Stubborn and obstinate at times . . .  yes . . .  opinionated and sharp tongued at others . . .  there is nothing this woman would not have done for any one of her children. She was a praying mother and I know she still is. I can still feel her prayers and love surrouding me each and every day. 
 
 
We had  brilliant and sunny days all weekend although yesterday morning the wind was quite brisk. They say today will bring more of the same. I think this might be our Indian Summer, but I could be wrong. I often am. I am not going to quibble.  Every day that the Sun shines is an extra special blessing.  
 


Sunny days which mean I can hang my laundry on the line out of doors. They smell so nice and so fresh when I bring it back in.    Oh, that I could bottle that smell  . . .  


 

 

Do you know what I noticed this morning when I was eating my granola?

No, what?

I noticed it smelt like bacon?  

Really?

Yes . . .  and I secretly liked it.

But did it taste like bacon???

I hate to admit it, but it kinda did! 

Oh my word!!!  There is a God in heaven!!!  I wonder what your lunch will smell like?  

Sorry  . . .  I couldn't resist.  All in good fun.  What????  Don't you ever try to imagine what chickens talk about when they are on their own? 

 Speaking of chicken however.  One of life's blessings is a son who takes the time to send you a photograph of the chicken he just roasted in his air fryer.  That Doug makes me smile.  Love him to pieces.  He has gotten this new air fryer and it makes me want to get one too, but not just yet.  

 

 

Having an attitude of gratitude.  This makes life infinitely better.  I am so happy that I am able to live my life with gratitude.  I hope that I always will. 
 
 photo hugs_comment_graphic_05.gif 
 

Each one of you bless my life in numerous ways.  You are all special to me.  I always told my mum, I have only ever met lovely people through blogging and on the internet. Perhaps I am just lucky.

What a nice thought.  Yes, I am lucky. 



Look at what's on the sofa tempting me to snuffle her soft belly.   I must capitulate, for I cannot resist the opportunity.   It's a special thing only a dog lover would understand.

And with that I will leave you with a thought to carry with you through the day . . .
 
☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Time is the coin of your life.
It is the only coin you have,
& only you can determine
how to spend it.
~Carl Sandburg •。★★ 。* 。

 
There is nothig new in the kitchen today but do allow me to share these delicious brownies I posted back in 2017. Peppermint Brownies. Oh my but they are wonderfully delicious.  You use peppermint tea leaves to flavour them and they have a chocolate ganache topping and white chocolate drizzle garnish which makes them not only delicious but very pretty too! 
 
I hope your week ahead is filled with lot of small and wonderful things! Don't forget along the way  . . . 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

   

And I do too!!  






8 comments:

  1. Gratitude is lovely and you are a classic example of being grateful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Monique! I try. Life is better with gratitude. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about air fryers and am thinking I should get one too. My daughter has one and uses it a lot. Hope you have a good week too. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one on my bucket list. Time will tell! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ah doggies, the best of companions!! Lovely writeup of your mom too!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Sears Wish Book. We wore it out with our over-the-top wishing. Just got an email from Sheri saying our "Home for Christmas" books have been shipped. So excited. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very exciting Elaine! Woo hoo!! Love and hugs! xoxo

      PS by the time Christmas rolled around our wish book was always falling apart! lol

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!