Tuesday 15 September 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

FOR TODAY, September 15th, 2020 

Outside my window ...

Its just beginning to get light. I believe we are in for another sunny day. It was lovely and warm yesterday. Its amazing how much sunshine can lift the spirits. 

I am thinking ... 

How can we already be into the middle of September. Its hard to believe. Like many, this year can't end fast enough for me, and I am not usually one to wish my life away.  However the prognosis for 2021 is not looking much better from all that I have been reading. Sigh . . . what gets me through each day is dwelling on the small and simple joys that are free for the taking and my faith that our Heavenly Father has a brilliant future ahead for each of us. 

I am thankful for ...

I am just about ready to go live with mediavine on the food blog. Its taken a lot of work, etc. to make my blog compliant and in fitting with their standards.  I could not have done it without my oldest son Anthony. I have had to change html codes, lengthen posts by editing and adding writing, change the size of my fonts and side columns, etc. I am just about there. Just one more thing which I will do this morning and God willing I will be up and running more sooner than later!  Anthony has been with me every step of the way and I am grateful for his help! 

In the kitchen ... 


Chicken and Stuffing Casserole.  Simple and delicious.  It boasts a creamy sauce, green beans, tender pieces of chicken breast and a crunchy stuffing topping. In short, amazing! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Simply Stacie.  Maple Pecan Bars.  Oh my goodness, these look amazing! 
 
Good to know ... 


Google search tricks you may not have heard before. 

I am creating ... 


Blossom Bev. No pattern. Inspiration only. Love, LOVE this brooch.  

 
 
Folksy. Harris Tweed Brooch.  Again, inspiration only. 

 
No source, but how cute are these???  Adorable. 



Little Fish Studio.  How adorable is this? Again inspiration only. 

 
Adventure in a Box. How to make Nature Blocks. 
 
I am reading ... 

 
The Girl Next Door, and How She Grew, by Jane Powell

She was the sweet-faced gal who won our hearts as the spunky heroine of SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS…the all-American beauty who kicked up her heels with Fred Astaire in ROYAL WEDDING.

Jane Powell grew up alongside Elizabeth Taylor, Roddy McDowall and Ann Blyth…and she and Liz were bridesmaids at each other’s weddings. But with four marriages and nineteen films behind her, MGM’s golden-voiced Girl Next Door realized she’d never found happiness—or herself—until now.

In her own words, Jane Powell gives an unabashed account of her struggle to grow beyond her screen image—after it had been created and torn down by Hollywood.

I love autobiographies. 

Dreaming About ... 


Pearls and tulle  . . . 

 
Crochet Lace edged pillows . . .  
 
 
Knitted gloves with pearls  . . . 


A time of great elegance  . . . 


Oh my goodness  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


States of Grace. This was a really great film.  Powerful. 
 
Makes me smile ... 
  
 
I love the Psalms as well as the Proverbs.  Words of wisdom . . . 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


The John Rylands Reading Room Enclosure, Manchester 

“I am simply a ‘book drunkard.’ 
Books have the same irresistible temptation for me 
that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.”

~L.M. Montgomery.OBE 
 
A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Nature is painting for us, day after day,
pictures of infinite beauty if
we only have the eyes to see them.
~John Ruskin  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 

 And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 

  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
   
 
 





















9 comments:

  1. My mom made those bars..I LOVED them and it showed;)
    I think that girl has mediavane right? It showed it..Yay Anthony and yay you:) Hard work paying off..
    Michelle Dockery is in Defending Jacob.. clothes make such a difference..and her accent is all gone for the movie.
    That show was amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long now Monique, within a couple of days.Its a move I should have made quite a while ago. I don't like change and it shows! lol I loved Defending Jacob. It was a really interesting series. I found myself wondering right up to the end who done it, and even now I am not sure! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I like an outcome! the Missing 2 was my latest fave.

      Delete
  2. We do have to look for the beauty in each day as it comes. It's sunny here today but was really chilly overnight and I had to turn the heat on this morning to warm the house up. Thankfully it will get warmer as the day warms up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having our Indian Summer I think, although today is a bit cooler. There is definitely a hint of autumn in the air! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love the Psalms and Proverbs too...that verse is a wonderful one and a lovely way to picture it too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple Pecan Squares! Yum! I'm going to make them, for sure. Congrats to you and Anthony on the imminent debut of mediavice. Not sure what that means but I could tell you're excited. Loved the felt heart pin. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard to be accepted by Mediavine Elaine! I am pleased that I made the cut. It does mean that I will start to make a bit of money from the blog. Its like a full time job for me so I probably should have taken the leap a long time ago. I love the heart pin also! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!