Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook ...


  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, July 21, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's a lot later than it usually is.   The sun is up.  It looks like a mix of cloud and sunshine today, and it's a bit muggy.  Just about what you would expect for this time of year!

I am thinking ...
I had a neighbor get into an altercation with her now ex boyfriend at the weekend.   The police were called and he was put into cells for the night.  She's a lovely lady with a propensity for picking the wrong men to share her life with.    I am keeping her in my deepest prayers for better things in the future than what she's given herself in the past.

I am thankful for ...
The Gospel which is the centre of my life and which protects me and keeps me out of trouble.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN2323_zpstlqdslqt.jpg

It's Fried Potato Salad!

On my "to cook" list ...


Monique's Savoury Olive Sables.   They look so tasty as her dishes always do.  Photographer and cook exemplaire!

I am creating ...
 photo copyright bookmark fo Pt_zps2bbbby7h.jpg

I created this bookmark for the lady we have been visiting with the young Missionaries.  She likes cats.   I like her.  She collects bookmarks and I thought she would like this one.

 photo b5aa45c9b12783db84235c4cb7382545_zpsd9iptgca.jpg

From Etsy.   I love this idea of repainting doll's faces.

 photo 1d31759032b22df494f4765c35bb6001_zpsic4tquua.jpg

This redo of a plastic storage cart is amazing! From Between the Sheets.

 photo cf1e22c40fadcfb129bb5bed2be3a7a9_zpsn6muexpb.jpg

From Indulgy.   A cute little "Teapot" teabag holder.

 photo 26fae47bb87ae1f4a57b3e31c7f97248_zps5mi16gax.jpg

CUTE!  Cute!  Cute!  From Crafty Tuts.

I am reading ...
 photo 511QWqqsiL._SY344_BO1204203200__zps4ilitm83.jpg

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maude Montgomery.
Still reading and enjoying.  About 2/3 way through it now.

I have added . . .

 photo 383086_zpsahaiokxq.jpg

Once Upon a Time, by J. Randy Taraborreli.
From Goodreads:

The "happily ever after" marriage of Grace Kelly to Prince Rainier III of Monaco is explored and demythologized in this fascinating, compelling and well-researched royal biography. After failed romances with married co-stars (Ray Milland and William Holden) and turning down a marriage proposal from Oleg Cassini, Kelly met Rainier, the prince of a popular Mediterranean resort town who was searching for a princess he hoped would become "the manifestation of all that we hope for and dream about in Monaco." Nine months after what was called "the wedding of the century" (watched by 30 million TV viewers) in 1956, Grace gave birth to the first of their three children. Never planning to stop making films, she bowed to her husband's wishes and soon her loneliness and boredom were replaced by severe depression. The prince encouraged her to accept Alfred Hitchcock's offer of the lead in Marnie. But the subjects of Monaco objected and forced her to withdraw. Before her tragic car accident death in 1982, Grace found contentment in the life she chose. As he demonstrated in his 2002 bestseller, Jackie, Ethel, Joan: Women of Camelot, Taraborrelli is adept at illuminating political intrigue and complex family dynamics. He smoothly weaves together hundreds of exclusive interviews (in fast-paced, short chapters) to create vivid, full-blooded portraits. This is the definitive book on a marriage that started as an arrangement but ended as a love story.

I have always been fascinated by Grace Kelly.

I am hoping ...
I get a good night's sleep tonight.  Lately I haven't been sleeping very well.  I was totally exhausted yesterday all day.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 11175049_10100648417004869_5525327926683355852_n_zpsgnhamzhz.jpg

Baxter always makes me smile.  Even when he has hurt his paw.  Poor baby.

I am learning ...
To accept the things I cannot change.

Around the house ...
 photo 3b0a3d9050e97a1b49206eabf92ec734_zpsilsosux5.jpg

I love the flowered pillow on the sofa in this room and the round mirror on the wall.  From Mother Earth Living.

 photo b31fb19d9297d2eea0cfc990cd0a49fe_zpsl9ihxufz.jpg

I think this window blind is really pretty.  From Heart Handmade UK.

 photo 5d836291fd46ddbb2babfd5965d2b36f_zpsrqs0bp2n.jpg

Sigh  . . .  From Digs Digs.  Just look at that light fixture . . .  the curtains . . .  the table . . .

 photo 9e0404062eb3bfb3535baa81f3a50b8f_zpsdfbivjeo.jpg

Shabby Chic . . .

 photo 163c1b75b55534949a352339599ee6dd_zps12o4ihty.jpg

Love . . .

Guess I was in a flowery mood this morning!

I am pondering ...
Is it going to rain today or not?

A favourite quote of the day  ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
       ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`*
                   .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance." 
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf 

One of my favourite things ...
 photo beetroot_zpsibujwunk.jpg

Beetroot.  Steamed.  Baked.  Roasted.  Boiled.   Fried.   Raw.  Anyway I can get them.  I adore beetroot and I love, LOVE the greens also.

 A peek into my day  ... 
 photo praying-gopher1_zpsgkrhvxoz.jpg

The beginning, the end, and everything in between.  I live my days prayerfully.

And that's my daybook for this week!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 And I do too!!



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I am sorry to read that sleep isproving elusive. I hope that is solved soon. It isn't much fun when neighbours have domestics. That would be upsetting for sure.

    My day is almost over. I indulged and bought the new Harper Lee book. When I read it I will form an opinion. There are so many stories flying around about the book.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tempted but haven't yet caved Suzan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to be able to make a comment today. Couldn't get it to work yesterday. That fried potato salad looks yummy! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE just watched a Grace Kelly movie w/ Nicole Kidman..although the lighting and cinematography were quite lovely..the show failed in so many respects..It never went to the big screen and rightly so.
    Nicole is a beauty..but Grace was a different beauty..a Catherine Deneuve type beauty..

    anyways..watchable..but far from being a good movie.
    I love beets too,may receive some today from Mylène..on her way to Noah's swim team lessons..

    that blind is precious..love it..wonder if you could just cover a reg one with the prettiest fabric?:)

    you could "sew" make those pillows and shams..here ..lack of fabric stores is the main issue for less sewing~

    She will love the bookmark..they are all specal..the doll..looks..a bit scary Marie:)xx
    I had marveled atthat upcycled storage cabinet too:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Daybook entry today; I loved it. You are so good at finding fun links. We have the same taste in many things but especially decor. The Book mark is adorable along with the cute doll's new face.
    I loved the crocheted booties; I wish I was talented enough to do something like this. They are just way cute.
    I loved Grace Kelly; so I would probably want to read this one.
    Oh, that poor Baxter; I know they are sad when they have to wear this.
    I enjoyed all the pictures of the decor; and would love to do something like this in my home. However, with my husband retiring; we won't be making many changes.
    I love love beets too.
    The picture of the little squirrel is just so cute.
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is an old post, catching up. Re: beetroot. Last summer I discovered juicing beets. Let me tell you, beetroot juice is absolutely delicious! I add a carrot, maybe a cucumber or two. Thin with some water, it is fantabulous! Mind, if you've had a kidney stone before its not advisable to drink too much. And it does alter the color of urine(slight panic moment)but is so tasty and good for you. Try it, you will be surprised how sweet and tasty it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks LeAnn! Sorry I seem to have missed this comment! Love you! xoxo

    Thanks Lisa! Your juice sounds really fabulous! I need to get me a juicer! xoxo
    PS-haha about the urine! Been there, bought the t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!