Monday 6 July 2015

Small and Wonderful Things

 photo SMALL AND WONDERFUL SUMMER_zpsisnlfq2u.jpg

 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo oats_zpskwukjhk0.jpg

Breakfast in an oat field on a stinking hot day and getting to share the experience with my honey bunny.

 photo DSCN2218_zpshosz5dzo.jpg

Sharing one of life's most amazing experiences with my poochkins.   (haha love that word.)   Seriously being able to serve a mission with your better half is an amazing experience and it is just beginning!  Although I am pretty sure if we were not married he wouldn't complain about my complaining about his driving, lol

 photo DSCN2253_zpsit0nzx74.jpg

Having young people in my life again . . .

 photo 5c31d21bc078acb9f14a5bf4b27ca688_zpsptdazyt5.jpg

We went on our first teaching appointment with the young Missionaries last night as official Missionaries ourselves.  It was amazing.  I have taught with the Missionaries before, but never wearing the mantle of Missionary myself.    It was a truly wonderful experience.  On the downside I got to experience a bit of something else they experience during their two years and that was when we were all on our way back to the car.   A couple was walking down the street towards us and I simply said "hello."   I always say hello to people I meet on the street.  (It's just my thing.)   Eyes averted . . . gruff greeting . . .  quickening of step.  Uncomfortable vibe.   Just from saying hello.

Just to think these youngsters tolerate that all day every day.   I gained an even deeper appreciation for what they do.

 photo d16c3155b72854bce8f0534d533f4342_zps7uhmptbm.jpg

Our lesson in Relief Society yesterday was based on a talk by Elder David A Bednar, entitled "The Tender Mercies of the Lord."  It was a fabulous lesson, and brought to mind many of the tender mercies I have experienced in my life.  One in particular was just a few months back.   It was a Sunday and I was having a particularly rough time that day, emotionally . . .  feeling bruised (family stuff) and out of sorts.   After church on the way back to our car I happened to look on the ground and there was a white paper heart laying there, upon which was written . . . "You are Loved."  A co-incidence or a tender reminder from my Heavenly Father that I mattered to Him.   I prefer to think it was the latter.

 photo Sara Bruce Engaged_zpsprgxq4if.jpg

A date has been set.

 photo 2girls.jpg

It's my first and best friend ever's Birthday today.  Happy Birthday Sis!   There is nothing on earth like a sister's love.   She's always had my back, and I hers.  We share something with each other that we share with noone else on earth.  It's special.  I love her so very much and I hope she has a truly fabulous day.  She deserves it.

 photo Mitzie morning_zpsc2lsotu9.jpg

Look at what's on the sofa tempting me to snuffle her soft belly.   I must capitulate, for I cannot resist the opportunity.   It's a special thing only a dog lover would understand.

And with that I will leave you with a thought to carry with you through the day . . .


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥
“But behold, I, Nephi, 
will show unto you that the 
tender mercies of the Lord are over all 
those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, 
to make them mighty 
even unto the power of deliverance” 
~1 Nephi 1:20
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥

 photo DSCN2177_zpsidkwz1ha.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today (if you can call it that)  . . .  a delicious Greek Salad with Herbes Pita Bread Crisps.


Happy Monday!! I hope the week ahead of you is filled with a multitude of small and wonderful blessings! Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



9 comments:

  1. It is lovely Marie to just feel the happiness in your writing, I am so pleased that you and Todd are as one in your faith...it really is awful how other people treat others. It is something I can never understand. I remember our very best young minister who is no longer with us...she said once that the worst thing that happened to her wax on the tube in London and out of the blue someone spat at her, right in her face, she was so shocked...not at the deed...but at the fact that on a full carrafige not one person spoke up...just diverted there eyes...as. Annie said surely someone in that carrafige professed to being a Christian....
    I suppose it is the age we lve in....I pray that you don't ever have that happen.....
    Has a date been set for Arrieannes wedding ? Have a lovely sunny day ahead....God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sybil I feel for your friend. Here, bus driver's have DNA kits, so that samples can be taken. The poor girl.

    Marie I am sorry people rebuffed you and ignored you. I try to welcome all who come to my door but I am upfront that I have my beliefs and do not wish to be dissuaded.

    Weddings are a joy to look forward too. I wish them well.

    God bless you and your week. I am going to Melbourne on Wednesday. I don't know if I will be taking my computer. Beth is going to a linguistics conference. She will have to be walking in the dark and wanted company so I am off to explore while I am not needed.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariana had already married her husband Jose Sybil. They got married at the beginning of June and are now living back here in Chester in their own place. They are such a cute young couple. We are going to the Temple with them on Friday. Looking forward to it. What an absolutely awful thing to happen to your young minister. People are so wicked. It costs nothing to be kind. You don't have to agree with a theology, but disbelief is no excuse for being rude or obnoxious surely. I sure hope it doesn't happen to us either! That would be just awful!

    They didn't exactly rebuff us Suzan more or less you could tell that as soon as they saw us they detached and put a wall up, so thick that even a pleasant hello was not allowed. I suppose people fear what they do not understand. But it was a small taste of what the young missionaries go through for a great deal of their days for two years. It's a good thing they believe in what they are doing! We have the Jehovah Witnesses come to our door. I always take their leaflets, and tell them that "I am a Latter Day Saint, but thank you so much for taking the time to knock on our door. Have a nice day and God Bless you." Just a few words but so much kinder than slamming the door or saying something ignorant. Enjoy your day in Melbourne! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Marie I will be in Melbourne for five days. Beth has booked the plane for 6.30 in the morning and we get back late Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute couple:) You knew it:)

    Some people cannot smile..I know..I have seen them;
    You have put your Willow tree angels to great use:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Suzan. I understand now! Have a great time! I'll miss you! xoxo

    I think they're a pretty cute couple also Monique. But then I am a bit biased. ;-) I love my willow tree angels. Both gift from friends, which makes them even more special! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like your life is becoming so much fuller and busier for sure. Taking the rebuff of others isn't easy. I even see it in the way others view older people like me. There are a lot of biased people in this world. As for me I'm thankful we are not all the same and no matter how hard it is sometimes to turn the other cheek, it is the best way to live. Loving others isn't always easy especially when we are on the receiving end of things not so good. Try to keep love in your heart and it will remain with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were great small and simple things. I loved that you had that neat tour. I am excited about your mission and love the picture of your badges. Sorry that there are those that want to ignore you. Here is a America I am sure that happens; but I think people are getting to know who we are more all the time.
    Excited about the upcoming wedding; awesome.
    I envy those that have had sisters; I missed that. My girls now fulfill that desire in some ways. It's sad that I don't even have my brothers anymore.
    Always love that cute dog of yours.
    Continued blessings for you dear friend, hugs and love too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is sure is Pam! I don't think they rebuffed us so much as they put a wall up right away, and could barely bring themselves to say hello. Love is the key, you are right! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! I am lucky that I have one of each, sister and brother. I wish I had a close relationship with my girls. You are blessed in that way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!