Thursday 30 July 2015

Five Things about Me . . .



 photo cooked.__._uncooked_590x348___zpsh55mvl0s.jpg

Yes, that is quinoa.   NOT a fan.   I can hardly stand to look at the stuff.   The sight of it makes me want to gag.  It's that little tail thing it has going  . . .  reminds me of worms.  Little tiny pin worms.  I don't care if it is good for you.  I don't care if it's a super food, super protein, whatever.   I don't care how popular it gets/is.  I am not eating it.  End of.  You will never see any recipes using it on my page.  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.


And yes, that is the first thing in a five things about me post.  ☺

 photo 56f15be00ebaeb295b82a06ed83f75e5_zps2c8az1uq.jpg


I love gingham.  Red and white is my favourite, followed by blue and white  . . .  but brown and white also does it for me.



Sorry I couldn't resist.   Which leads me to fact three . . .


 photo Ifoundthishumerusskeletonshaveaweirdsenseof_b258aa_5291172_zpsoa25upde.png

I have a wierd sense of humor.   I like irony.  I like cheesy jokes.  I am not into dirty jokes.  I am not into racial jokes or jokes that poke fun at a certain culture etc.  I think life itself can be quite funny, and I don't mind laughing at myself.   I will not make a joke at the expense of others.  That is not funny.


 photo 1fadb1cb17c0791a74d4bf4bd30a89d8_zps8uqwn9m3.jpg

I have a taste for all things romantic and feminine.  I love, LOVE flowers and lace.  Pretty linens.  Pretty dresses, etc.    Vintage linens.  Roses.  Antique Lace.  Pearl buttons.   White washed furniture, looking well used.  The colour pink.  All things Potter  . . . That's me.  (I've seen the film Miss Potter about 10 times.)


 photo c06c562d4587c2870392b3daeaa0c366_zpsaj2w9q4w.jpg

I love cardigans and twin sets.  If I could have one in every colour, I would.   I used to have two twin sets a long time ago.  One was burgundy and the other sage green.   The sweater tops had pearl embroidery around the neckline, and the cardigans pearl buttons.  I loved them.  I wore them out.  (I also used to have a gingham skirt that I loved and wore out.)

And that's my five things about me this week.  I am betting we have something in common.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Make an adventure of all that you do,
Do it with humour and zest,
Looking at life from the broad point of view,
Giving your utmost and best.
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

  photo DSCN2559_zpsumjcrymw.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sour Cream Mac and Cheese.  Rich and delicious.

Have a fabulous Thursday!  Wherever you go and whatever you do, stay safe and don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


14 comments:

  1. As usual you and me have almost identical ....loves....lovely sunny morning down here but a chilly start..I am. Looking forward to seeing my niece Beth today and going to the theatre....an Allan Bennet. Talking Heads production....but first Beth wants to be assured about Mary at the hospital. She asked for an appointment today. But they have not done it so she will go anyway...and knowing my Beth she will make some waves if they do not see her !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. That embroidered lace is beyond beautiful. It is exquiste. I can imagine it everywhere. Yes indeed.

    Enjoy your day. I hope it is blessed with much and a breeze to live/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No surprise there Sybil! Like minds think alike and love many of the same things! I hope you enjoy the theatre and I hope Beth gets the answers she needs!! Keep me posted! xoxo

    Thanks Susan! You enjoy your evening! It's very breezy here today, cold even. Certainly not July like! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cardigan sweaters are a staple in my wardrobe. Except for the very hot months here, We need layers to wear. So I have several of them and they do get worn a lot. It's so hard to imagine on a hot day like we've been having that a sweater would ever been needed, but this too shall pass. Ha !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE quinoa.. you don't want mush..you want every little grain to seperate..you want to cook it in broth..let cool..and toss with fork while cooling..some of my fave salads are quinoa salads..or salads w/ quinoa..it's not a worm..it's a tiny healthy grain telling you..I am ready:)

    Keeps well in fridge..then sauté with mushrooms..shallots..kale..;)
    Just saying..:)

    Love pretty little swaeter sets too..;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really chilly here today Pam! Brrr... I think one of the chilliest summers I have experienced over here! I wish I had some of those cardigans!! Xoxo

    It would take a lot of convincing for me to even start to like it Monique! I just can't get past the look of it! You can have all of my quinoa! Haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are often right about many things, but you're wrong about quinoa. Sorry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a matter of taste Laura! One mans meat is another mans poison! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heehee! About the quinoa!! Feel kind of similar abt it. And the lace! LOVE pretty lacy anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Anna! To each their own eh? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quinoa...pin worms...I wouldn't have thought of that one. Seems I most likely will now when I see it. Haaa! Funny Marie! I'll be thinking of you thinking, "Ewww! Pinworms!!!!!" :-D

    Love and hugs!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What can I say Valerie! haha I take it you are a fan! ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how you can make me smile! I loved your 5 things about you today. I always find we have things in common. I love gingham too; its such fun style. I just bought a blue and white skirt that is gingham.
    I do love your humor.
    I also love all things romantic and feminine. I especially love Vintage stuff.
    I only have one cardigan set; but I do love it. It is yellow. It's funny because growing up my mother hated yellow so I never had anything that was yellow to wear. Now I love the color and have a couple of yellow items.
    I do like quinoa. However, I didn't start using it until recently. After reading your thought; it might change my mind.
    Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I hope you don't change your mind LeAnn! It's just the way my mind works with certain things. Quinoa is certainly very safe to eat, lol That's not really a worm, just a germ. From what I understand. Big hugs back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!