Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, July 14, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's quite overcast and cool.   I am not sure what the forcast is for today.   Yesterday was quite showery.  We popped in to see Doreen and she had her little gas fire on.

I am thinking ...
Why do people say they want to do things when they obviously don't??   We invited that same family for FHE last evening that didn't show up the week before.  When we had picked up the girls for the fair on Saturday, the mom said she had forgotten about the FHE, so we re-issued the invite and she said that she really wanted to come.   But once again . . .  I went and bought snacks, etc. and no show.  I would rather she just say that she doesn't want to come.   She never calls either.  And it's not like she doesn't have our number, because she called on Saturday to say could we take the girls to the fair.

I am thankful for ...
Over the past six months, I have had a recipe printed in My Favourite Recipes each month.  Not a lot of money, but every little does help.

In the kitchen ...
 photo spelt waffles 2_zps9orw7sqm.jpg

Spelt and Almond Waffles.  So good.  ☺  I know, I always say that it's good.  But that's because it always is.   Good.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo 4279c4534771251f42e3f511858d7890_zpsxngqokmm.jpg

Ham and Cheese Potato Pancakes from Buns in my Oven.    I love potato pancakes!

I am creating ...
 photo e4d72aa19d37b1cd79990865e4fc2ed3_zpskvtw39hy.jpg

This little Koala Stuffie is cute.   From Lia Griffith.

 photo 599de6e86ce83c5d14ad79d3733f36c0_zpshiaexsxy.jpg

Loving the fabric and wire head band tie.  From Brit and Co.   Such a simple thing.

 photo 5680eaf50f1609ea42adf4160996d793_zps1mdqykif.jpg

Balloon Dart Painting.   I think I know some little boys who might like this sort of thing! From Hello Wonderful.

 photo 4c8eed39442dfbc203ba12cb8f84aad9_zpsjldkdmwh.jpg

Crochet CupCake Sewing Jar.   From One Dog Woof.

 photo 05702b6af4c9053dbf5397c95e39644e_zps6cm2xzqt.jpg

A DIY Tea Bag Holder, shaped like a butterfly, that sits on the edge of your cup.   From Your Tea America.

I am reading ...
 photo 511QWqqsiL._SY344_BO1204203200__zps4ilitm83.jpg

Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery.

"Anne, an eleven-year-old orphan, is sent by mistake to live with a lonely, middle-aged brother and sister on a Prince Edward Island farm and proceeds to make an indelible impression on everyone around her."

Last night I read the chapter on the tea party she had with her friend Diana.  I am sure enjoying this book!

Sorry I am such a slow reader.

I am hoping ...
I am having a bout of weeping excema on my fingers, which is the only place I get that, thank goodness.   I am hoping that it clears up soon.  It makes my fingers sore.

Makes me smile ...
My new playlist.

I am learning ...
You can't outgive a giver.

Around the house ...
 photo 4e717d33857a2e0ff24cf3e6b5ecbfb4_zps35rue8c5.jpg

I just love this kitchen scheme and colour.   From A Beautiful Mess.

 photo 26278f34529fda85a416a75f6aab89fa_zps9bt9bpn9.jpg

I love, LOVE painted wooden floors.   This one is nice.  Very quilty.   From Moon to Moon.

 photo 9bd5eb1f9aa1cef196b6e38bc893bcca_zpss5oylmae.jpg

Butterfly Wallpaper.   Sigh . . .  from We ♥ Home Design.

 photo 63dbe148285df5777e295996365da55c_zps97junq6f.jpg

Loving this thrift store vintage find look.  From BHG.

 photo 7c644cf63fa68b57135856ca2227d965_zps431jnira.jpg

I love, LOVE the idea of using an old dresser as a vanity in the bathroom.  From Micasa.

I am pondering  ...
The speed at which this year seems to be passing by.  It's just whizzing by!  Don't you think so?  Sometimes I just want to nail it to the floor so I can hang on to the moment.

A favourite quote of the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
       ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`*
                   .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.
~Leonardo Da Vinci

One of my favourite things ...
 photo 1a8dc40f6d2269399e72823900cbccda_zpsrogqse2x.jpg

Pretty bed linens.  I have these pillow cases.   I would love to have the duvet covers, etc.

A peek into my day ...
 photo a673947b575b3577852c420c854ee26c_zpsdbdazshg.jpg

I try  . . .

And that's my daybook for this week!

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
  ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
    ⋰ ⋮ ⋱      blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


 ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you!

Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!!



6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day Marie. I hope there is a little warmth and sunshine for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you MArie about people not saying what they actually want...I had a similar situatin with Peter the other day he said something and I realised he hadn't wantedto do something I had asked him to but he hadnt said anything but obviously he had hoarded ..would that be the right word !...it in his mind and then it came out w while later...I was a bit cross and said that he msutnt do that but be upfront and say whether he...they want to do something or not....it would be so much better for everyone...Ah well thast life I suppose we can never understand everybody thats for sure...I coudn't believe that that was a wooden floor painted it must have taken many hour to do...not sure if I actually like it though I think itis a bit " busy"..I prefer plain floors I think....Well lets hope we have a nicer day today weatherwise...it was heavy drizzle all day yesterday..so far it is very grey out there but not cold....Enjoy yourselves what ever you end up doing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lala..not respectful now..a shame!
    Love many of the things today..the wire thingie..I have had a black velvet one since I am 20..never even thought of making one!
    I should read AOGG too..
    We are in a heat wave!
    Enjoy today Marie..not surprised your delicious recipes are published!
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for everything you share. I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's overcast and we had some showers Suzan, but no real rain. It's kind of close feeling which plays havoc on my arthritis! xoxo

    I like plain wood floors also Sybil, but you can paint them all one colour and just have a border around the edges, etc. That looks really nice. I hope you are having a great day! xoxo

    I used to have a black velvet one when I was really young as well Monique! Now I am letting my hair grow out I will have to make some! Oh, I hate heat waves, lol. Heat and me don't get along! xoxo

    You're welcome Pam! Hope your day is a great one also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go with another interesting Daybook entry. I loved all your creativity finds and always like that you share the links.
    We do have the same taste in decor. I especially liked the kitchen and the bedroom. I liked the pillowcases and covers.I must try the ham, cheese and potato pancakes; yum!
    I am so sorry that the family didn't show up again. I don't understand how she couldn't have let you know. It is even more irritating when you prepare for snacks.
    I am like you time just seems to fly; I wish it could slow down a bit.
    Love and hugs and blessings too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!