Wednesday 24 March 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, March 24th, 2021

Outside my window ...
I just witnessed the most beautiful sunrise.  Brilliant roses and oranges in the sky. Who knows what the day will bring, but we have had some gorgeous Spring days so far! 

I am thinking ...
How life has a way of surprising you. We really have no clue as to what each day will bring.  I am glad we don't have crystal balls however.  I don't think I would really want to know what comes next.

I am thankful for ...
Loving family and friends. The Gospel in my life. My health. My life.  

In the kitchen ...

 

In the kitchen today, Indian Spiced Cabbage.  This stuff is incredibly delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Seasons and Suppers. Cinnamon Crunch Bread Pudding.  Yummilicious looking!  

One of my favourite things ... 



Forget me nots  . . . 

Good to know ... 

 

I am wanting to create ... 

 


Design Improvised.  Butterfly Wreath.   

 

Flamingo Toes.  Spring Bunnies Pillow.   

 

Crafty Rie, How to crochet a pompom border.  I like this.    

 

Cherry Heart on Ravelry.  Love, LOVE this. I am crazy about cherry anything. 

 


Crafting Happiness.  Honeycombe Bee Blanket Tutorial.   

I am reading ... 

 

The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine
"Following the deaths of her last living relatives, Hetty Deveraux leaves her strained marriage behind in London and returns to her ancestral home, a crumbling estate in Scotland's Outer Hebrides, with the intention of renovating and reselling it as a hotel, much to the dismay of the locals. As she dives headfirst into the repairs, she discovers human remains beneath a rotting floorboard in the basement, with few physical clues to identify the body. Who was this person? And why the makeshift grave?

Hungry for answers, Hetty sets out to unravel the estate's secret--and those of its former inhabitants, including Beatrice Blake, a woman who moved there a century ago with her husband Theo, a famous painter who seemed to be more interested in Cameron, a young local man, than his own wife. Following whispered rumors and a handful of leads, Hetty soon discovers that no one knows exactly what happened to Beatrice, only that her actions have reverberated throughout history, affecting Hetty's present in startling ways"

I do love a good mystery! 

Looking forward to ... 
 

My old, new to me car.  I will be bringing it home on Friday. Its six years old, but in good working order. I hope it last me for a good while. It will be nice to be able to drive again. Exciting but scary at the same time. I hope I haven't over-extended myself.

Dreaming about ...

 

Wings  . . . 

 

Candlelight  . . . 


 

Embroidered linens  . . . 

 

Bear lamps  . . .  

 

Light and airy . . .  

Something to watch ... 

 

Brigadoon . . .  it just never gets old. 

A favourite quote for the day  ... 

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
I am a great believer in luck, 
            and I find the harder I work,
                       the more I have of it.
                                 ~Thomas Jefferson ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.


Makes me smile ... 

 

Jake and Oreo . . .  the family that reads together  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Crystal Falls, used to go here to swim with my friends when I was a teenager. Cliffs to jump off as well. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *No matter how far you've 
travelled in the wrong direction,
You can always turn around.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
  


 

15 comments:

  1. Yay on that new car..A wonderful accomplishment and step forward!
    I don't rememner you driving in the UK..This is GREAT.
    Congratulations..

    Jake is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not drive in the UK if I could help it. It was terrifying, like driving in a mirror and the roads were to congested and filled with traffic and parked cars, and SOOO narrow. I an happy to feel comfortable driving again. yay! Jake is a little charmer! Love all my boys! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love that quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson and try to live with that though, Every day is the best day of the year. I'm glad you got that car. Living on your own, you'll be free to go where you need to go and not have to wait for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the quotes from those older writers Pam! I agree, freedom to come and go as you please is a big thing! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Having wheels is freedom and independence. You live in a rural area so driving should be quite relaxing, except in winter of course. You won’t regret buying a house, you need deep pockets for house maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right about that Angharad! It is very rural as well, which is a big help. And in the Winter, once they clear the snow, its not that hard to get around. I don't think I will regret not buying a house either. One less headache. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Aw, guinea pigs...our kids had them...sweet little animals they are!! Glad you are getting a car and going to drive. That should help with some issues living there (or anywhere). I have not driven since we moved here either...and only a couple times in the couple years previous. If we lived in a small place without all the crazy drivers and TRUCKS, I might again. Hubby still drives us around and we hunt for back quieter roads to get as many places as we can!! Less hurry is better!! Wishing you all the best in driving!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Hardly any trucks here, thank goodness! It is a very rural area. I would not hazard city driving if I can help it! You are right, less hurry is better! xoxo

      Delete
  5. A lovely daybook!
    Congrats on the vehicle.
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that bread pudding! And the cute honeycomb afghan. As far as cars go, I hope you got a good one. Our car is 18 years old, we bought it used and our SUV is 16 years old. They both still run like a top, we make sure we do regular maintenance. Much love - Raquel PS Jake and Oreo are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I take good care of it, there is no reason why I can't be driving this car for a good more ten years Raquel. Fingers crossed! I will have a garage at my new place to keep it in, plan on having regular tune-ups and I am going to have it undercoated as well. Jake and Oreo are really sweet, I agree!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! A car !.....blessings on that car and you in it for a million safe, fun, happy miles! Great quotes today, as usual. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo, nice car!
    We have had really warm weather here in the 70's, but now it's starting to get cooler again! Can't win! Lol
    Stay safe and healthy Marie!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!