Monday 8 March 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  
 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   



I thought that I would show you my finished blanket. I had a lot of fun doing this. It was nice to hav busy hands. I really like the way the colours turned out.  Its a realy simple pattern. a rectangular granny square.  Amanda from 8bysix. Here is the link. 8bysix  I have done a lot of her square blankets. 
 


Now I need to  get some black yarn and I will make myself another one of these tea cosies, using the scrap colours leftover from the blanket.  
 

March came in like a Lion so is sure to go out like a lamb.  Spring will be here before you know it! My first Canadian Spring since I was home for mom's cancer operation 8 years ago. 


Still loving this afer all these years.  I used to really love Erma Bombecks columns.  She was so wise about the world and life.   She was a real treasure. 
 

He sends us one every morning . . . 


I need to be quieter.  Perhaps  . . . 


Knowing the absolute truth of this  . . . 


"Nice" television shows. I like to escape there  . . . 


The best way to live your life  . . . 


All done and the beginnings of this year's Christmas . . . who knew when I bought this kit all those months ago that I would be finishing them here in Canada.  Life sure has a way of surprising you! 

Life is good. It is a beautiful balance at the moment. I cannot complain. I so love being with my sister as we get to know each other again. It is always how I thought my old age would play itself out. We used to talk about being old together when we were much younger. How we would be like the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons.  Its easy to make plans when you are young and before you know how life is going to play itself out. I have often heard it said that if we had crystal balls we would not be able to face another day. When I think of all of the things we have both been through, through the years, and the things we have survived, I know that we can get through just about anything. Life may wound us, but it cannot totally break us, even if it sometimes feels just like that is what it has done.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Be completely 
humble and gentle,
be patient, bearing 
with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:2•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Almond Horns. Delicious, moreish gluten free almond cookies. Crisp outside, chewy middles.

I hope the week ahead for you  is filled with lots of small and simple things!  Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 















 




 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds right lovely right now..YAY..Gorgeous blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the colours of your afghan. So pretty, Erma Bombeck was a favourite of mine, too. Take care, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so very wise Elaine! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow, colorful blanket to brighten up any day!
    See Marie, your already off to a great start on making a nice cozy home for yourself!
    Stay safe, healthy and warm!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!