Tuesday 2 March 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

FOR TODAY, March 2, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its fully light out now, but windy. No rain as of yet, but yesterday was really blustery. I am late getting started this morning because I had a facetime with my dear friend Tina first thing this morning. It was so very good to see her! 

I am thinking ...
How wonderful these  modern miracles of technology are.  I got to facetime with my son last night for a while, my other son the day before that. I get to facetime wih friends in the UK. How much better than having to wait months for a letter to arrive. Although letters are very nice also, and I hope that they never go out of fashion! 

I am thankful for ...
As I was talking to Tina this morning I was very cognisant of just how many angels were put around me during this whole ordeal I have been through, and who are with me still.  The tender mercies of the Lord are real and they are tantible. I am so blessed. 

In the kitchen ... 


Traditional Irish Champ. For Saint Patricks' Day! A delicious side dish of creamy mashed poatoes, spring onions, butter.  Yummilicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Plated Pairings. Drunken Noodles. 

Good to know ... 


Fitness with Cindy. Exercise.  

I am wanting to create ... 


Ellen Crimini Trent I did a little landscape. 3 X 3.  Not easy to do, but fun.  


Ravelry.  Eight Colour Throw. Love the colours. 


Ravelry. Linda's Snowflake Pot Holders. 


Miss Abigails Hopechest.  Star dish cloths. 


Knitting Pattern.  Knitted Cowl. A great way to keep your neck warm! 

I am reading ... 


The Prayer Box, by Lisa Wingate 
When Iola Anne, a ninety-one year old woman, passes away in her sleep, a struggling young mother and newcomer to Hatteras Island finds herself in charge of cleaning and organizing the elderly woman's home. At first Tandi thinks it's just a job to get a little extra money, but soon it turns into more. 
 
The minute Tandi steps into Iola Anne's home she begins an amazing journey, a journey that will change her life. Tandi comes across several prayer boxes from Iola Anne's life. Drawn to the boxes and letters inside, Tandi begins to learn a great deal about this precious lady and herself. 
 
 Always good at fleeing the past, Tandi soon realizes she can't keep running and it's time to face her fears and struggles head on. "You can't run from the past. You have to take it for what it is and realize it's part of you." Tandi begins to learn about faith, love, hope, and the sweet possibilities of opening herself up to the Lord. 

Have only just begun this. 

Looking forward to ...
April General Conference with the church.   I can't wait to hear what our church leaders have to share with us next. 

Dreaming About ... 


Pretty little cups  . . . 


Some day  . . . 


Spring crocus  . . . 


Cutwork lace  . . . 


Color  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Behind Her Eyes   Netflix. 
Thriller, pschyological drama.  Great! 

A quote for the day ... 
 
 
  (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ 
The first to apologise is the bravest.
The first to forgive is the strongest.
The first to forget is the happiest
  ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 

Makes me smile ... 


Those ears  . . . . 


One of my favourite things ... 


Mermaid's tears  . . .  sea glass  . . .

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Three Churches . . .  Mahone Bay  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
To fall in love with yourself
is the first secret to happiness.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
 
 
  


































14 comments:

  1. Not loving Behind Her Eyes..yet.. 3 or 4 episodeds in..Bonos daughter is so naturally beautiful as is... And so is..I forget her name..the mistress..GORGEOUS.
    I loved Bono's daughter in The Knick.

    Watching the GCBS..I miss the great British one w/ Mary.

    Your dad should be able to be vaccinated now?
    Your watercolor is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! You the artist, saying mine is lovely means the world to me! My dad hasn't gotten any notifications yet. I am hoping it won't be too much longer for him. He is 87 and I think he is getting a bit depressed about the whole situation! I didn't know that was Bono's daughter! I need to pay better attention! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Technology is wonderful for keeping us in touch. I love FaceTime and have done several zoom calls with my family. So thankful for it keeping us in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zoom is wonderful too Pam. Most of our church meetings are done over zoom and I am so grateful for it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    I always love your daybook! Love the crocheted blanket as well, the colors are perfect and cozy. Hard to believe that St. Patrick's Day is almost upon us. Time for corned beef and mashed potatoes, yours look delicious!

    General Conference is always something I look forward to, especially after a long winter.

    So happy that you are able to FT with Tina. She really has been an angel in your life...technology is amazing.

    Love your ending quote, we should all live by that.

    Have a wonderful day XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General Conference has always been a special part of the Easter season for me Barb! Tina has been such a wonderful friend to me. I will always be grateful for her presence in my life! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hello! I am watching that show too! Love it! Have one more episode to go, and really haven't figured it out! Thank you for the exercise link. I am 51, but have never been an exerciser. Unless you count turning pages in books! Thanks for sharing! I saved it and will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only 2 episodes in and so far I am liking it. There is some sex, swearing etc. It is hard to get away from that these days! I have never been a real exerciser either, but I hope to change that! You are welcome! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved your quote today. It must have been lovely to talk to Tina. I'm sure you miss her. Another chilly day here. That beautiful afghan would keep you warm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely freezing here yesterday! I just could not get warm! I need to get some winter clothes before next year for sure!! It was lovely to talk to Tina. I miss her almost as much as Mitzie! Love and hugs,you and Larry stay safe. We are getting closer to the back end of this now. I feel sure! xoxo

      Delete
  6. The quote for the day I should text that to my son. Lol

    The knitted cowl is warm bc I bought one that matches the hat with a mask attached to it.
    When I shovel the snow sometimes a older person will walk by and want to talk for a few minutes. I feel safer putting that mask on quickly and not be rude to them, by not talking.

    Oh Yay, my purple crocuses should be coming out soon, after the snow melts away! Lol

    Stay safe, healthy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I could knit me a cowl before next winter J! What a great idea to have one with a mask attached!! Spring IS on the way for sure! You stay healthy, safe and warm also! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Love your little painting...so cute!! I ordered these frames for the tiny one my daughter did for me...and hoping that she and Hubby will maybe do one each this weekend for the other 2 frames and I can put them on display in the living room...here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QKSCB53/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful "finds"!! (I will send you an email with those paintings if and when I can get my daughter to email me one...I don't use my phone for anything but calls and texts).
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Elizabeth! It is fun doing those tiny paintings. I hope to do more! You are very welcome! I only use my phone for calls and texts also! We are so alike!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!